Siege and Hostile Waters Check-Up

Raap

Just now, Raap said:

Nope because that works akin to a terms of service update, the NEXT NEXT NEXT mentality takes over.

Put it in the game and people read it, works all the time.

Yeah I agree.  I mean, people are still aware their game updates, they can't play without updating, after all, and yet we're still in this predicament where nobody looks at the forums.  In game small change log would be more effective.

1 hour ago, Raap said:

Nope because that works akin to a terms of service update, the NEXT NEXT NEXT mentality takes over.

Put it in the game and people read it, works all the time.

What exactly do people do while they wait for the update to finish downloading and installing? How do you NEXT NEXT NEXT when it takes 5 minutes of waiting for that to become an option? I know for a fact that some people are very impatient about the launcher update process, and I have witnessed someone on stream sit and stare at the progress bars seemingly agitated at how slow they are instead of passing the time by getting on the forum and reading the changelog (or you know, doing anything else but just staring) - why? Who knows, maybe they didn't know the changelog was on the forums. Why not put it, or a link to it, right there in the update window to make sure that those slow launcher updates fly by :) But once you're ingame, you're too busy playing the game to sit around reading walls of text. So I have my doubts that adding yet another wall of text ingame will be a good solution, the ones already there don't seem to be very popular anyway.

• 2 months later...

Just a minor suggestion...can we add Journey to the track list for Hostile Waters? Used to be this played on Shallow Grave, which was an snowy/icy naval map...and since it's not coming back anytime soon why not put its music into Hostile Waters for a bit of nostalgia?

1 minute ago, delta said:

Just a minor suggestion...can we add Journey to the track list for Hostile Waters? Used to be this played on Shallow Grave, which was an snowy/icy naval map...and since it's not coming back anytime soon why not put its music into Hostile Waters for a bit of nostalgia?

It's already there, same with Backstab which was also previously exclusive to a "quiet" map that isn't coming back any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Hostile Waters and Siege, especially now. Hostile Waters is a showcase map for Navy and Air, and it's awesome. I recommend Chinooks be added (to both teams) if they aren't already. Allies have the cruiser, the mammoth tank of the sea. Allies get in formation with a massive fleet to curbstomp the Soviets who are busy practicing flying MiGs, lol. Soviets need to use more attack/missile submarines to keep the superior allied navy fleet at bay, while chipping away at the Allied base's AA guns, so they can send in MiG strikes/Chinook raids. Siege is epic with 20+ players, Chrono Tanks teleporting around flanking soviet armor, rocket infantry occupying the castle walls forcing rifle soldiers to get in the castle and kill them, spies stealing people's airplanes, lol, WE NEED A GUARD DOG OR TWO TO PATROL THE AIRFIELD AND WAR FACTORY! My only gripe is the castle wall cannon's destruction animation is silly, lol, with the cannon flying straight up in the air like that.

Raap, I like your maps, they seem to play very nicely now, Siege being the perfect Big Team Battle map, Hostile Waters being the perfect Big Team Battle Navy/Air map.