[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

On 7/15/2018 at 6:59 AM, Nodlied said:

- Status Quo: The idea to retain the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary in which the Austrians and Hungarians are equal above all others.

This is ironically what Status Quo is actually trying to do.

Usually each night, we pick a reform in military, political, or economics (and those might be effecting the game somehow but we don't really know - or at least I don't)

anyway, with each one there's 4 vote choices - radical status quo, soft status quo, soft pluralism, and radical pluralism. The radical ones give a bigger boost but piss off the other party and the soft ones give a smaller boost but don't anger them as much.

18 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Talking about doing the Kaiser proud, what about the reforms? Well, it looks like our latest military reform has passed, the variant being option C, Soft Pluralism. This military reform will ever so slightly boost the military capabilities of the minor nations; BohemiaGalicia, and Illyria. That said, some things will be changing in high-command tonight. However, it seems like stability has been affected negatively due to this reform. 

Except for this last reform, so it's not that straightforward either it appears.

A few musings that I don't think I've shared.

1)  Going back on a reform in category might lower stability, IE if we reform military SQ, then pluralism.  If we stuck to Military SQ and like economic pluralism that might work.

2)  If we get to civil war, since we don't know how that works, reforms might be setting up how strong each side is.

Yeah, I guess I should have been paying more attention to the categories and tried to prevent a military vote that I knew we'd probably lose. >.> The problem is I just don't know what's going on with the categories so I just kinda gave up thinking about them and focused more on the factions.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Should probably mention too that Shade is claiming he's the monarch and it at least seems like he's telling the truth since we uncovered KY had an objective to kill the monarch and like nobody else here is saying they are the real monarch.

Plus the fact that I've had various abilities I've displayed that all support that outcome, from my various abilities, the fact I was a masonry with FRAYDO who it was revealed his objective was to keep the monarchy alive, the fact I used an ability to raise stability...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Plus the fact that I've had various abilities I've displayed that all support that outcome, from my various abilities, the fact I was a masonry with FRAYDO who it was revealed his objective was to keep the monarchy alive, the fact I used an ability to raise stability...

Yes and that. :P

Anyway here's what people have claimed so far

Sunflower: Status quo by any means

Irish: Status quo through reform

Jeod/Verti: Status quo through reform

Orange: Pluralism through reform

Retal: Pluralism through reform

Cat 5: Pluralism through reform

Shade: I don't think he's ever said but based on a vague comment he made earlier I'm guessing his objective is simply to not die.

Just now, Shade939 said:

You know, it occurs to me but despite being Scum, iLTS didn't have any ability to kill players...

I think some things might have unlocked as we got lower stability, but we've actually been doing a good job of keeping stability high, somehow, despite doing all these things that should lower it.

On 7/31/2018 at 5:06 PM, Nodlied said:

After a medical investigation, we have discovered that he was alligned to an underground Syndicalist UmdqER8.png party. His objective was to Abolish the monarchy by means of a civil war.

I would guess that the Syndicalist party is comprised of at least two members, and neither one of them can currently kill players. And KY was the only player who could kill right now.