[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

29 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

So here's the hot takes I've been sitting on all game.

I voted radical pluralism night 1 and I think CnC Rivals actually looks kind of fun.

C&C Rivals would be a ton of fun, if EA didn't make it pay to win...

I do wish my power hadn't gone out, not much I could do there with a little over 48 hours of no power.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

C&C Rivals would be a ton of fun, if EA didn't make it pay to win...

I do wish my power hadn't gone out, not much I could do there with a little over 48 hours of no power.

My only exposure to it has been via Generals Gentlemen (C&C and Relic game casters) so I'm not familiar with out of game aspects. 

I think you could have recovered if you weren't killed by the national populists. Both of you wanted to kill the monarchy after all.

Just now, Retaliation said:

My only exposure to it has been via Generals Gentlemen (C&C and Relic game casters) so I'm not familiar with out of game aspects. 

I think you could have recovered if you weren't killed by the national populists. Both of you wanted to kill the monarchy after all.

Yeah, was pretty excited to get the radio. Wanted to start a conversation with Orange and setup a way to betray the pluralists and start a civil war.

On the topic of Rivals, I've really enjoyed the gameplay. However, the last update let people start spending money on the game to buy crates to unlock cards and level up units. I've run into a handful of matches where there is zero chance of winning the enemy units are so over-leveled. An attack buggy should not beat a tank in a 1v1... If EA doesn't fix that problem I'm just going to be uninstalling it and walking away. Not going to be surprised if that ends up happening.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Did someone actually try and contact me with the radio? For what purpose?

I thought there was a very good chance you were a pluralist reformer. So I wanted to reach out to you and pretend to be a pluralist as well with the intention of manipulating a stability crash to start a civil war.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Yeah, was pretty excited to get the radio. Wanted to start a conversation with Orange and setup a way to betray the pluralists and start a civil war.

On the topic of Rivals, I've really enjoyed the gameplay. However, the last update let people start spending money on the game to buy crates to unlock cards and level up units. I've run into a handful of matches where there is zero chance of winning the enemy units are so over-leveled. An attack buggy should not beat a tank in a 1v1... If EA doesn't fix that problem I'm just going to be uninstalling it and walking away. Not going to be surprised if that ends up happening.

I'll have to say you better be pretty good at bluffing if you think you had a good chance to win me over, heh.

And speaking of bluffing and pay to win games, been playing online poker recently, as a free player.  At the introductory level it's kinda funny, where pay to win players keep buying into games just for free to play players who know what they're doing to keep taking their money.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'll have to say you better be pretty good at bluffing if you think you had a good chance to win me over, heh.

And speaking of bluffing and pay to win games, been playing online poker recently, as a free player.  At the introductory level it's kinda funny, where pay to win players keep buying into games just for free to play players who know what they're doing to keep taking their money.

This is why I can't trust you :tinfoil:.

1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

you also found a weird kind of antenna; possibly for a walkie-talkie device. 

Category 5 also had this device, so I assume it would have also opened a masonry with him at the same time or something like that for scum.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

One reason I was pretty excited to get the radio, wanted to see how that would play out.

25 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Woot you played it already?

Just now, kamuixmod said:

Woot you played it already?

Got to the top 50 in the game. I've pretty much stopped playing, just play a match or two each day. The 1.0 patch has pretty much broken the already fragile balance. The economy in-game has been messed up, no matter what you do you find yourself with an excess of resources. Unit balancing is broken. For example, Confessors, an anti-infantry focused infantry unit, can attack a Wolverine, an anti-infantry focused vehicle, and win. Units marked as "strong against vehicles, weak against infantry" completely annihilate infantry. The stats listed on units are wrong or confusing.

The ability to buy loot crates with real money has been added, leading to people pouring money into it to have an unstoppable army. If a unit is at least 2 levels beyond yours it can attack a unit of the same type (defenders have a large advantage) and come out with at least half HP. I've played a lot, and I don't have the cards from in-game drops to get a single unit to level 8. I'm already seeing people with level 9 or 10 units, which is only possible from buying crates. I've had an attack buggy 1v1 my scorpion tank and win...

Quite a few of the top players are no longer playing or cutting back and EA, of course, is not listening. I loved the gameplay when it wasn't pay to win and the unit balance was better. Now it's just hot garbage.

Another thing to note, units were one of three types of rarity. Common -> Rare -> Epic. Each level needs different amounts of cards, the higher the rarity the harder it is to get cards to level them up.  EA decided to change the rarity for a few units. They compacted the cards of units that went up a level (i.e. instead of having 20 cards for a rare unit you now have 1 or 2).  But they did not expand the number if your rarity went down (i.e. you have 2 epic cards, you now have 2 rare cards).

Every decision made in this game so far is meant to hurt players.

Sounds even worse than CoH online. I had hopes they would handle the game well and it would be a precursor to a new PC game.

I had a very tiny sliver of hope. But it's gone just the way I expected. They still have a chance to pull it out of the fire, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm fairly certain it also matchmaking that purposely matches you with players who have higher level units every once in a while.

I feel like the game is Status Quo > Pluralists > National Populists > Status Quo. The triple punch of night kill, day kill, and vote control is really powerful against a side without immunity.

Status Quo could use Irish's ability to influence the day vote, Jeod had his night action to help keep them alive, and Irish had his gun for the day phase also.

Although I don't feel like Sunflower had much going on for her this game...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Status Quo could use Irish's ability to influence the day vote, Jeod had his night action to help keep them alive, and Irish had his gun for the day phase also.

Although I don't feel like Sunflower had much going on for her this game...

Sunflower is so powerful she has to be nerfed by being given no special abilities.