[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

zYx87aK.png

Welcome to Vienna! You have all been invited by the Kaiser to see to it that we can revamp the declining Empire into something new. Despite our victory in the Weltkrieg, we find ourselves in an Empire out of time. The decline has turned into a crisis after the German Empire's Berlin stock market crashed a year ago, throwing the free world into the most horrific economic disaster in history: Black Monday. Germany, our Ally, has been dangerously weakened and overstreched, making it a prime target for the revanchist Syndicalist states in the West. The clock is ticking. This Augleich, after the failure of the one in 1927 where Hungary straight out left, might be our only remaining chance. However, the Kaiser has faith in all of you. Let's make the Empire great again!

Some additional background information in video format.

I have to commend OrangeP47 for immediately noticing the Kaiserreich setting, good job on that one lad. Like the previous game, Voe will be acting as a co-host in case I'm not able to be around for a night or whenever we feel like we need to post a cvc. I'll drill him a bit more this time to prevent any gun-like shenanigans from arising again. I wish you all a lot of fun palying this game.

mYwypNM.png

Known Objectives
Your objective is linked to your role’s vision of the Empire. There are three different possibilities, each of them linked with a secondary one.
1. Primary Goal: This is your role’s vision of the Empire. Achieving this goal will win you the game.
- Pluralism: The idea to reform the Empire into a Danubian Monarchy in which the different states are all equal.
- Status Quo: The idea to retain the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary in which the Austrians and Hungarians are equal above all others.
- Abolishment: The idea to abolish the Empire and divide it into multiple independent sovereign states.

2. Secondary Goal: This is your role’s idea on how to best achieve their goal. Achieving your goal this way will add a +1 to your victory score.
- Reform: Your role intends to achieve their vision through reform.
- War: Your role intends to achieve their vision a bit quicker by winning a civil war.
- By any means necessary: Congrats, you have it a bit easier.

Stability
The stability meter shows how stable the Empire is at any given time. Actions and reforms can affect stability both positively and negatively. Should the Stability go below a certain amount, the Empire will descend into civil war. Keep an eye on the stability meter and see to it that the Empire stays stable during the Ausgleich… or not, depending on your objectives.

Political power
Political power (now known as PP) is a new mechanic that will provide a limit as to how many actions a player can undertake during a phase. This to compensate for the many different actions in the game, the lazy moderators, and to prevent another instance of an overpowered utility belt. 

The standard limit per day and night phase is 2 PP and the standard action tax is 1 PP. This means that you can use up to 2 PP during both the day and night. Each phase, you will regain 2 PP, although you won't be able to gather more than your personal limit. There are different ways as to how a person can gain additional political power. Which ones? You will have to find out for yourself.

Passing reforms
Passing reforms is part of the order of the day and night. During the day, you will all vote on a category of reforms. These are: Economic, Political and Military. At the end of the day phase, the category with the most votes will produce a new reform on which a variant can be voted on during the night. Because we are nice and follow the rules of democracy, voting on the reform variants will happen anonymously during the night. Voting on a category will cost 1 PP. Voting on a reform variant will also cost 1 PP.
You vote on a category by using ##Reform <Political/Economic/Military>

The vault and evidence base
As with the previous game, we have an item vault as well as a modified evidence base. During the day, a player can be voted on to be allowed into the vault with ##VoteNominate <Player Name> (1PP). The vault holds the items, which can be taken and in which players can deposit their items if they so wish it.

The evidence base is off limits to anyone that doesn’t have a key. Players can check up on a player’s actions and can use examples of unlawful activity to build a case on a player. Should a player have a case on him, he will be able to be jailed during investigation. Additional actions may be available though.

zMhUe5i.png

It appears that we're pretty sure that Voe is scum.

Investigations and lynching
There is no lynching in this game. We’re beyond such a barbaric concept now. Instead we use the ##VoteInvestigate (0PP) action to take a look at a player.

Investigating will uncover a player’s name, nationality, current status as either innocent, suspicious or hostile, and other relevant and irrelevant information. Innocent players will be freed immediately and will only provide some of their personal information. Suspicious players will spend one night in solitary, meaning that they're blocked during the night. All items of interests will be placed in the vault and will not be returned the following day. 
A hostile result means that the player will spend the rest of his days in prison, being blocked from actions and will lose all items, which are then placed in the vault. All information about the player will be revealed. (He’ll be eliminated from the game.)

Civil war
Should stability get below a certain threshold, the nation will descend into civil war. The teams are, as of yet, undecided and anything can affect the starting positions and the stability threshold of the civil war. How does it work? That’s something we’ll hopefully never need to explain.

Signups

Beyond all the game specific rules, standard mafia rules will apply. So only two posts at night, hammers can happen. You know the drill!

Please note that the game set-up is, once again, experimental and I cannot guarantee flawless balance. But I do hope that you will all have as much fun playing the game as I had creating it!

Sign-up's will end on the 22nd of July. The game is optimised for 10 players, but more are possible.

01. OrangeP47
02. Shade939
03. iLikeToSnipe
04. Jeod
05. Retaliation
06. TheIrishMan
07. Killing_You
08. Category 5 Hurricane
09. Sunflower
10. Fraydo

Day and Night phases

Day 1

Night 1

Day 2

Night 2

Day 3

Night 3

Day 4

Night 4

Day 5

Night 5

Day 6

Night 6

Day 7

Night 7

Day 8

Night 8

Day 9

Night 9

Day 10

Night 10

Day 11

The final battle and game end

Post game discussion, awards and thoughts

8 hours ago, Jeod said:

Did someone say mafia?

More like a semi-full-fleged semi-mafia semi-full semi-political semi-rpg.

It's pretty good.

It's all just a grand conspiracy to get me the top sign up slot, since I correctly identified this as Kaiserreich :p

I'm actually giving Austria a go in Darkest Hour to refresh my memory of just how the events play out, in case it gives me an edge :p

This the result of WW2 in my current Switzerland game in Darkest Hour.

Not as impressive as a World Domination, but I'm getting there. Currently building a Navy so that I might attack NATO...

Switzerland.png

Also, yes, I'm signing up, of course.

Edited by Category 5 Hurricane
Added sign up

9 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

I'll cover up for you just like last time, that is, if Nodlied agrees I'll be a week absent.

We still have five days before the game starts, so eh, we'll see. :v

2 hours ago, Liten said:

I can't belive we failed to go Social Conservative.

Of course we went Social Conservative. We don't go Social Democrat because that's pretty much just closet Syndiclism.

Market Liberal is the most dangerous.  Due to a bug in DH KR 1.7, Poland got roflstomped by Germany, then, AS A PUPPET, annexed my Galacia without any option to refuse....  This was after their bid as National Populist Poland-Lithuania failed.  The only plausible explanation I could tell myself was they had to unite as the only remaining Market Liberals :P