[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Syndicalists are this timeline's communists.  We're basically fearing commie infiltration.

Ah, I wasn't familiar with the term other than the dictionary definition. Well then they'd probably be more for radical pluralism since it'd make all the countries equal.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Actually this kind of reinforces my point, because the moment I reveal my status, people go after me :suicide:.

But it's better to be up front about it instead of when everyone actually finds you to be suspicious. I'd probably mention it right off the bat. And I guess no one wants me to go to the vault again >.>

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Ah, I wasn't familiar with the term other than the dictionary definition. Well then they'd probably be more for radical pluralism since it'd make all the countries equal.

Nah. Status Quo and Pluralism both want to keep the monarchy.

32 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

##nominate FRAYDO

##investigate Category 5

31 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

##nominate TheIrishman

20 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

##Nominate FRAYDO

12 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

##investigate Retaliation

All counted.

URfPrzL.png

fb3e6lb.png

(Really guys? Two ties? ¬_¬)

The votes have been counted and these are the results.... Two ties? Well, some simple dice rolls will take care of that! For the investigation: Jeod= 1,2,3. Retaliation = 4, 5, 6.
Result = 2. Jeod will be investigated!

First the investigation.

Looks like Jeod is going to be investigated. His real name is Aleksander Litwinowicz and he is a Galician national.

8MXiKLo26oh5ohF9_w_IcryucLJlghqSaPO7plco

He currently has no items. But what about his status? Well, he appears to be Suspicious and thus will be held in a cell for the night, just in case. His items have been confiscated and transferred to the vault. Except that he doesn't have any....

Secondly, you’ve decided to enact a Military reform. However, you are not yet sure what it will look like. There are four option which you can choose.

A - Radical Status Quo.
Most of the Empire's forces have always been supplied by the dual powers of Austria and Hungary. Therefore it is a no-brainer that it should be these countries that would receive a massive boost to their militaries!

B - Soft Status Quo
Poor leadership has led to some embarrasing moments during the weltkrieg. However, the Austro-Hungarian forces are under new leadership and their forces are as strong as ever. We should give these forces some additional funding.

C - Soft Pluralism
While the forces of Austria and Hungary did a lot of work during the weltkrieg, the forces of Bohemia, Galicia and Illyria are in need of some additional funding. Let's see to it that their needs are met!

D - Radical Pluralism
Some of the most impressive feats during the weltkrieg have been achieved by the soldiers and officers of the minor states of the Empire. They've proven that the Empire can be unified in its diversity and stand strong. This bill will ensure that they'll get a massive boost, as that's what they deserve!

You can vote on the reforms by including the action ##Vote Reform <A/B/C/D> (1PP) in your night action PM. Keep in mind that radical reforms might anger the opposite party.

Additionally, you nominated... Ah yes, the second tie! Cat5 = 1,2,3. Fraydo = 4, 5, 6.
Result = 4. Fraydo will gain access to the vault tonight!

Sleep well everyone. Remember that you can pass items around for exactly 0PP. Oh, and don’t forget to send in your night actions at least one hour before day time!

24 hours remain until the end of the night!

(Ok, slightly less because of the ties. Damn you people! :v)

Okay people, you know the drill.  Soft options.

Something to add about the evidence base.  It keeps a log of what I do, so anyone else who ever gets the key can see plain as day what actions I took.  It also makes me think that I'm the one that needs to worry the most about being framed, the way things are worded. It also looks like it would take TWO turns to actually turn someone hostile, first framing them, then pushing their case which is what actually turns them hostile.  I'm still not quite sure how it all works, but it looks like there may be room for more expanded actions later on, perhaps as stability changes.

Also unrelated odd note, Jeod is Galician, but pushing for Status Quo.  That's an odd combo.

6 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Looks like Jeod is going to be investigated. His real name is Aleksander Litwinowicz and he is a Galician national.

He currently has no items. But what about his status? Well, he appears to be Suspicious and thus will be held in a cell for the night, just in case. His items have been confiscated and transferred to the vault. Except that he doesn't have any....

Suspicious, but without any items? Curious.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also unrelated odd note, Jeod is Galician, but pushing for Status Quo.  That's an odd combo.

Which brings me to the curious part. Is he suspicious because he voted radical, or because Jeod voted against what's expected of his nationality?

Meh, I don't care so much about getting to the vault, so FRAYDO is fine. Getting in the vault got me in a bit of trouble last time after scum tried to trap me. My goal was to keep Sunflower out, and that goal was met. I actually like the read I'm getting from FRAYDO right now, though I don't so much like the two people who nominated him, so there's that.

The Suspicious label doesn't necessarily mean much. A player can start out with that label for whatever reason Nodlied thinks suitable. For example, last game I was an Austrian Detective who was marked as Suspicious from the word go, because the setting of the game was Serbia, and naturally anyone from Austria would be viewed with some Suspicion.

I really doubt that voting would impact status in any way. In the previous games, actions determined suspicion level. The more hostile the action, the higher the suspicion gained. Of course, you wouldn't remember this because you were Mr. Random Cane last time.

I was wondering that myself.  I have Sunflower as decidedly neutral right now.

Also just a quick message before I head out, but I'm going to be out of town most of today, so won't be around to share my findings right after Start of Day, at least not for a few hours afterwards probably.

isClYad.png

Another day at the Ausgleich negotiations. Everybody seems well rested and ready for the tough discussions ahead. Too bad that there was another tie tonight. No reforms. International spectators comment that the Empire can't get anything done anymore. Prove them wrong.

However, before you start the negotiations, it is time for the morning paper. What article attracts your attention today?

In today's news, we have an inside look at last night's Ausgleich dinner banquet. Goulash and bratwurst sandwiches with sauerkraut were popular with all. Cream puffs for dessert, and of course generous helpings of beer all around. All that beer might explain all the tied votes over the past day. One oddball thought he could stuff his face with mayonnaise in the corner without us noticing. Let it be known that our Ausgleich reporters never miss a beat! Our eyes and ears are everywhere.

ESx9uSl.png

No reforms? Phah! That's what we want you to think! - Increasingly nervous negotiator.

48 hours remain until the end of the day!

On 7/24/2018 at 11:25 AM, Sunflower said:

I'm kinda wary of Orange just because he's so smart in these historical settings and he seems to want military reforms really badly like it's a hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and a cherry on top. I'm going to vote military because I think our grand empire could do with a bit more... oomph, but I just wanted to say I'm worried for the record. ?

##reform military

Because of this post. She's wary of Orange and how he wants military reform, but in the same post she decides she's not really that concerned at all and votes for the same reform. Usually when someone has honest concerns about someone, they don't just follow along. Like, for example, I didn't follow the idea to nominate Sunflower, because I don't trust Sunflower.

I don't like her explanation either. It's one thing to be wary of following along and then being talked into doing the same later. She indicated her concerns and made the helping vote at the same time. It's like she had to think of something else to say other than "hey I also want military reform and I'm definitely not doing it because I have unclean reasons" 

She's also been kinda in slinking by in the background and not getting involved very much, other than the respond to my suspicions with hostility.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well done what? I don't understand what you're getting at.

You jailed your chance at a soft reform, got another tie, and lowered the stability to 43%.

We don't even know what the ties are on. As far as we know, the two soft options were tied.

That's likely it. Two soft options are tied, and wouldn't be if I hadn't voted radical quo N1.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Because of this post. She's wary of Orange and how he wants military reform, but in the same post she decides she's not really that concerned at all and votes for the same reform. Usually when someone has honest concerns about someone, they don't just follow along. Like, for example, I didn't follow the idea to nominate Sunflower, because I don't trust Sunflower.

I don't like her explanation either. It's one thing to be wary of following along and then being talked into doing the same later. She indicated her concerns and made the helping vote at the same time. It's like she had to think of something else to say other than "hey I also want military reform and I'm definitely not doing it because I have unclean reasons" 

She's also been kinda in slinking by in the background and not getting involved very much, other than the respond to my suspicions with hostility.

image002-2.gif

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ties like this may actually continue as long as both sides have the same number of voters.

We can follow my plan this time and make some progress.

##nominate Jeod

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why would an additional radical vote break a tie between to softs?

You didn't read my plan when I explained it did you? I said I'd vote soft quo if I were allowed to enter the vault.

I have no reason to suddenly believe that a radical voter would decide not to vote radical. Not unless they explained their motives for doing so. Especially in your case, since you apparently would be voting against your own interests to go for any Status Quo option.

Continue to be stubborn all you like. Orange showed my vote for status quo the first night and I told you why I did radical over soft. Do you have any better ideas to solve our tie problem?