[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

Ok, sorry it's taken me so long to say anything during this phase. I was way too busy watching TheIrishman and another of my coworkers play Kaiserreich as Germany and France respectively and go to war in February 1936 and have one of the most entertaining wars I've ever watched.

I'll actually get to participating in this now...

Now, I have news of interest. With today's PM result, I also got my first notification of my vote counting! The catch here being that it is unclear why I have my vote back. My target was TheIrishman, but it seems as if the action never occurred, and it also doesn't seem like I was roleblocked. But at least my option C vote did count, and that is apparently why Soft Pluralism won the vote...even though OrangeP47 apparently didn't participate in the vote? I'm having a hard time understanding what's going on there. I'm getting a Pluralism/CivilWar vibe from him right now.

I am wondering if Killing_You was the person who was using my vote, and I was only able to discover it because my vote was counted, or if Jeod being roleblocked is the reason why my vote counted. I'm not sure, but if it is the latter we'll find out soon enough.

For now, though, it's pretty clear that I need to be investigated so that my situation is finally settled, so I will not bother making arguments for anyone else to be investigated today.

Also, I understand that everyone has been trying to imitate VERTi60, but actually allowing him into the game is going too far and will not be tolerated. I will be fabricating a war goal soon.

13 hours ago, Shade939 said:

##VoteNominate Retaliaiton

12 hours ago, Retaliation said:

##voteinvestigate cat5

##votenominate Retaliation

8 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

##VoteNominate Sunflower

0cknBnk.png

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ok, sorry it's taken me so long to say anything during this phase. I was way too busy watching TheIrishman and another of my coworkers play Kaiserreich as Germany and France respectively and go to war in February 1936 and have one of the most entertaining wars I've ever watched.

What happened? :v I can't remember there being any event that allows them to start the 2nd weltkrieg in 1936.

In any case lads, I'll be out playing a match of Doorhammer 40.000, so if you need a Cvc or anything in the meantime, go bother Voe. :v

Apparently the French player can decide to declare war when Germany finishes one of it's early focuses, when it bans some group or other. I'm not clear on the details, as I was too busy laughing my ass off at the absurdity of the French player, who was playing with us for the first time, declared war on TheIrishman's Germany when the French forces were on Garrison duty and TheIrishman's forces had been set with a frontline and offensive orders.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Also, I understand that everyone has been trying to imitate VERTi60, but actually allowing him into the game is going too far and will not be tolerated. I will be fabricating a war goal soon.

Well you can fabricate a goal "get out of jail" first :p

##voteinvestigate cat5

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Apparently the French player can decide to declare war when Germany finishes one of it's early focuses, when it bans some group or other. I'm not clear on the details, as I was too busy laughing my ass off at the absurdity of the French player, who was playing with us for the first time, declared war on TheIrishman's Germany when the French forces were on Garrison duty and TheIrishman's forces had been set with a frontline and offensive orders.

At least in DR version, this almost never leads to war.  There's also another early chance where both sides can do wargames, and it spills over when someone artillery fires practice shots on the wrong side of the border.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I am wondering if Killing_You was the person who was using my vote, and I was only able to discover it because my vote was counted, or if Jeod being roleblocked is the reason why my vote counted. I'm not sure, but if it is the latter we'll find out soon enough.

I'm not sure how it could be KY because when people die it seems like we get to see all their abilities and he didn't have any "identity theft" things.

7 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Well you can fabricate a goal "get out of jail" first :p

##voteinvestigate cat5

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

For the moment, I think we need these equal.

##nominate Retaliation

kjC4l6J.png

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ah, it was banning the FAUD, wasn't it? :v Yeah, the French can get pissy over that.

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

Is this the Ausgleich or the US Congress? I can't tell. Pretty disappointed that no one is willing to cross the aisle to try to prevent more deaths tonight.

Is that a threat that your going to kill someone unless you get nominated?

Okay fine. I'll spell it out for you. Me doing this is probably going to help the killer understand my thinking so congrats on helping them.

According to Irish's description of his two items, we have one that is a passive BP and one that can kill investigated suspicious players but drastically lowers stability if they are non-scum. We also have Jeod/Verti's claim that he is a doctor. And like Shade also mentioned something vague and ambiguous about maybe having a protection ability earlier in the game. We also have Retaliation's roleblock, that he may or may not use. If he uses it, he'd have to sacrifice his vote if he wants to pick up the remaining item.

That means there's potentially four obstacles to a night kill on the board, and the killer has no idea who might or might not be protected. Jeod always used his supposed protection ability on himself, but now Verti is playing so who knows if he might use it on himself, someone else, or no one. If the killer knows which item I picked up, they'll also know whether or not I'm killable. They might think killing me would be the best option but they have to risk maybe failing if I picked up the medkit. If they know if I have it or not, suddenly they'll either know that I can or can't be killed and will modify their plan based on that. They also have to wonder for future rounds. If I picked up the medkit, I could pass it tonight and whoever gets it will have a secret BP as long as they don't reveal that I passed. I could also keep it and the killer won't know whether I passed it or kept it or whether I didn't have it at all. That means there's a fairly decent chance of the killer picking the wrong option and failing to kill anyone. 

I'm not going to explain the rest because that would just be helping the killer way too much.