[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm already late for work so I'm just going to drop my votes and leave.

##vote investigate OrangeP47

##vote nominate Shade939

##vote reform Political

WpRh379.png

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Everyone is pretty much exhausted at this point and which reform category we vote on seems meaningless.

##vote reform Political

I will state they do seem to have some minor effects, so passing an economic reform seemed like it gave a stability boost. Military effected the civil war starting positions? And political hasn't been passed yet.

Just now, Shade939 said:

If you were worried about that, you should have grabbed the crowbar instead of the evidence key...

It was a very a hard choice, but I figured if someone starts using the crowbar maliciously, we'll at least have notice.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It was a very a hard choice, but I figured if someone starts using the crowbar maliciously, we'll at least have notice.

By that you mean your no longer be innocent so you had no reason to grab the Crowbar over the Evidence key, since your worried about all of us voting you up...

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Makes sense, so I'd probably avoid using it, but just having it so nobody else could have it would be on the table. 

The problem is, how do you take an evidence key from your character without it since your innocent Orange?

DoPbNEw.png

YxiGfLf.png

The votes have been counted and these are the results! First the investigation.

Looks like OrangeP47 is going to be investigated.

qAWYd6wlDVoF7iIf1xFREDMkC-2HPtxaQEKBI0A2

His real name is Albert Dietrich and he is an Austrian national. He currently has two items, both of which are evidence base keys. But what about his status? Well, it appears that he is Innocent and thus will be able to go to his comfortable room.

Secondly, you’ve decided to enact a political reform. However, you are not yet sure what it will look like. There are four option which you can choose.

A - Radical Status Quo
It is quite obvious that the minor states of the Empire only increase the bureaucracy and that they slow the functioning of the Empire. Lowering their autonomy while increasing the power of Austro-Hungarian institutions will surely do away with the lengthy political nightmare in which nothing ever gets done.

B - Soft Status Quo
The Empire has been functioning well for the past 70 years now. Sure, it has had some issues, but it was at its greatest strenght under a combined force of Austrian and Hungarian institutions. Let's see to it that these institutions are strengthened!

C - Soft Pluralism
While creation of Illyria shortly before the Ausgleich of 1927 caused Hungary to walk away, we have also noticed that the parliaments of the minor states have been useful. Not only did they reduce the workload of the Imperial institutions, they were also capable of tackling the issues in the minor states more efficiently. We should strengthen these institutions to improve administrative efficiency.

D - Radical Pluralism
The Empire has been at a standstill for quite a while. However, during the past ten years, the parliaments of the minor states have proven themselves to be more capable than the crumbling centralised government in Vienna. Perhaps it is time to decentralize a bit more and make those states more equal to those of Österreich and Magyarország.

You can vote on the reforms by including the action ##Vote Reform <A/B/C/D> (1PP) in your night action PM. Keep in mind that radical reforms might anger the opposite party.

Additionally, you nominated Shade to gain access to the vault tonight! 

Sleep well everyone. Remember that you can pass items around for exactly 0PP. Oh, and don’t forget to send in your night actions at least one hour before day time!

24 hours remain until the end of the night!

Mod question: Just a quick question for you lads: would you be fine with ending the days and nights about one hour earlier than what it has been. So instead of 0:00 GMT+1 that is has been up till now, we'll have the hammer at 23:00 GMT+1. This will make it a bit easier for me considering I'm on a holiday and all. Should you be ok with it (posts about this will not be counted towards the 2 post limit), I'll introduce the change on D10.

3 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Mod question: Just a quick question for you lads: would you be fine with ending the days and nights about one hour earlier than what it has been. So instead of 0:00 GMT+1 that is has been up till now, we'll have the hammer at 23:00 GMT+1. This will make it a bit easier for me considering I'm on a holiday and all. Should you be ok with it (posts about this will not be counted towards the 2 post limit), I'll introduce the change on D10.

Fine by me.

lBSTzu9.png

A sad morning it is indeed. OrangeP47, also known as Albert Dietrich, an Austrian, has been shot tonight! 

qAWYd6wlDVoF7iIf1xFREDMkC-2HPtxaQEKBI0A2

He survived, but he has joined Horthy in the hospital. Wish him well! After a short investigation, we have discovered that he was a visionary Pluralist nUSOvqF.png and had the objective to Achieve Pluralism by reform. He could double-vote during the night and redirect a vote during the day, each of them a one-time-use. Anythings he may have had have been transferred to the vault, which in this case, were two evidence base keys.

Beyond the sad news about OrangeP47, there is also some good news. Another reform has passed this night! It is option DRadical Pluralism. A decentralisation process has begun to ensure that the minor states can begin their march towards equality with Austria and Hungary. However, many people think of this reform as too radical. Not only did the distancing between the balance of power between Status-Quo and Pluralism lower stability, quite a few people have begun voicing protests and the Status-Quo supporters have been left angry. Ensure that their cries are heard tonight!

As usual, there's nothing interesting in the newspaper, although there might be if stability drops even lower.

dXibt3I.png

Stability is at an all-time low! The Kaiser orders you to do something about it!

47 hours remain until the end of the day!