[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

53 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Now watch me get assigned a role that forces me to backpeddle on all this. :v

Role assignment is decided by dice. :v So who knows?

Right then, I'll close the signups and make some last minute adjustments to the game. Game will start in about 24 hours. Role PMs will come whenever I feel like it. :v

Also, @VERTi60 and @ChopBam, since you two are not playing the game, do you want access to the deaddoc? Or wait in case you can jump on as a replacement for whoever needs one?

2 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Right then, I'll close the signups and make some last minute adjustments to the game. Game will start in about 24 hours. Role PMs will come whenever I feel like it. :v

Also, @VERTi60 and @ChopBam, since you two are not playing the game, do you want access to the deaddoc? Or wait in case you can jump on as a replacement for whoever needs one?

You know what that means!  

Just in time too, I completed my Kaiserreich Austria game today.  First time I actually ran it through all the way to WW2's end.

Exciting. Won't be able to join until Monday, possibly Tuesday. My weekends are still D&D heavy, and I may or may not have stuff to do on Monday. I'll be sure to at least check in, even for a moment, on Monday, even if I have more pressing matters.

6xFGBG0.png

Welcome to Vienna! It is finally time to reform the declining Empire and to make it great again! Now, all of you are here to achieve that of course. But what will this new Empire look like? Well, that’s going to be decided right here! We failed ten years ago after Hungary left the Ausgleich due to not receiving any compensation for the loss of land to the new state of Illyria. Then again, this is the first Ausgleich where all Imperial subjects have been invited. So it may become a bit crowded!

So far, we can already see two distinctive groups being formed. The first seems to be after retaining and empowering the old institutions to see to it that the tried and tested Austria-Hungary remains. This group will be known as those who try to defend the Status Quo.
GMpZRBw.png

The second group appears to wish to bring the other Imperial subjects to equal footing to Austria and Hungary. They want to form some sort of United States of Austria, similar to the United States of America. These Danubian Federalists will be known as the group that wants to achieve Pluralism.
nUSOvqF.png

The final verdict on the Empire will become known once a group starts to overpower the other. However, change cannot occur without having good stability within the Empire. So see to it that the stability is maintained throughout these tense times.

Talking about the tense times, should parties become too angry or stability tank, chances are that the nations of the Empire might begin to look towards a civil war to achieve their vision of the nation..

Now that the current situation has been established the negotiations can start.

Mod note: As with most games based on a historical event or some sort of game or whatever, the game might be a bit ‘’ahistorical’’ to prevent you lot from using wikipedia - or in this case, playing a game of Kaisserreich as Austria - to turbo to victory. Good luck!

4n2QsVN.png

This Ausgleich will be a breeze!

~49 hours remain until the end of the day!
(Yes, I'm giving you lads an additional hour today. I was done early, so don't complain. :v)

Oh, and another small thing. Could all of you reply to your PMs with your email adress? That way I can actually invite people to the vault if you are nominated.

1 minute ago, Nodlied said:

Mod note: As with most games based on a historical event or some sort of game or whatever, the game might be a bit ‘’ahistorical’’ to prevent you lot from using wikipedia - or in this case, playing a game of Kaisserreich as Austria - to turbo to victory. Good luck!

For what it's worth, I got bullied around by Hungary and gave into their demands in my recent game, which thankfully was only to take Bosnia :P

Anywho, onto serious matters.  Obviously the stability of the Empire is the paramount concern, regardless of your objective (unless you're one of those sneaks who wants to dissolve it :P ).  Therefore, I propose we first do a military reform.  I'm not sure what all is on the table, but surely something under military can increase stability when we get the night vote.  I suggest we do that first to give ourselves some breathing room.

##reform Military

(Correct format?)

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Anywho, onto serious matters.  Obviously the stability of the Empire is the paramount concern, regardless of your objective (unless you're one of those sneaks who wants to dissolve it :P ).  Therefore, I propose we first do a military reform.  I'm not sure what all is on the table, but surely something under military can increase stability when we get the night vote.  I suggest we do that first to give ourselves some breathing room.

##reform Military

(Correct format?)

Correct format.

rwa3MBy.png

Also, this CVC is slightly more work than the previous one. So expect fewer CVCs per day, unless it's a hotspot.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Correct format.

rwa3MBy.png

Also, this CVC is slightly more work than the previous one. So expect fewer CVCs per day, unless it's a hotspot.

Shouldn't that also take a PP from me?  I mean, now that I've done it, I'm actually kinda derp about having voted before discussion, but I'm pretty confident on it.

I'm a tad confused by the complexity of the OP, so forgive me if I'm slow the first day or two. Regarding these reform votes, does a reform, if passed, affect the "game board" other than progress toward objectives? i.e. Would passing a military reform during the day and whatever further paths said reform has at night cause an instant national change such as enabling/disabling actions?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Shouldn't that also take a PP from me?  I mean, now that I've done it, I'm actually kinda derp about having voted before discussion, but I'm pretty confident on it.

That is correct. I knew I forgot something.

IJoBvp3.png

Just now, Jeod said:

I'm a tad confused by the complexity of the OP, so forgive me if I'm slow the first day or two. Regarding these reform votes, does a reform, if passed, affect the "game board" other than progress toward objectives? i.e. Would passing a military reform during the day and whatever further paths said reform has at night cause an instant national change such as enabling/disabling actions?

Political, economic and military reforms each provide their own ''bonusses'' when you vote for them. The day phase vote is to select a type of reform. Then, during the night you vote on one of the different options. They do not affect players directly, but each type has an affect on other modifiers.

Just now, Jeod said:

Okay, then to put it bluntly, my concern is that moving too swiftly into military reform would enable nightkills.

That's possible, I suppose, but here's some counter thought.  (I've been way to obsessed with this game, so I've given it a TON of thought).  We'll be given multiple choices for military reforms during the night.  I suspect those that would use night kills/those that seek civil war/those that seek the dissolution of the Empire (lots of overlap between these three groups) are the minority.  Therefore, if everyone wanting reform, be it status quo or pluralism, unite, we can get more stability.  Now is actually the best time to do it before we're picked off.

On a larger scale, granted I am just pulling this all out of my ass, I think this is going to be a "Kingmaker" type game.  Some people are going to be screwed over, but they're going to pick the winners from the remainder.  The game will require different factions working together.  Right now, we can have the status quo and the pluralism faction work together to avoid giving too much to those that would turn things violent.

Again, just theorycrafting, but it's about all we have to go on right now.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That's possible, I suppose, but here's some counter thought.  (I've been way to obsessed with this game, so I've given it a TON of thought).  We'll be given multiple choices for military reforms during the night.  I suspect those that would use night kills/those that seek civil war/those that seek the dissolution of the Empire (lots of overlap between these three groups) are the minority.  Therefore, if everyone wanting reform, be it status quo or pluralism, unite, we can get more stability.  Now is actually the best time to do it before we're picked off.

On a larger scale, granted I am just pulling this all out of my ass, I think this is going to be a "Kingmaker" type game.  Some people are going to be screwed over, but they're going to pick the winners from the remainder.  The game will require different factions working together.  Right now, we can have the status quo and the pluralism faction work together to avoid giving too much to those that would turn things violent.

Again, just theorycrafting, but it's about all we have to go on right now.

Agreed. But what often precedes war? Death, a catalyst to beat the drums. I think assassination is definitely on the table for our warmongers and we ought to tread carefully until we have a better grasp of the mechanics.

Just now, Jeod said:

Agreed. But what often precedes war? Death, a catalyst to beat the drums. I think assassination is definitely on the table for our warmongers and we ought to tread carefully until we have a better grasp of the mechanics.

Well in a vacuum I can't really counter, but I will say, if there's a time for folly, it's early on ;)

Honestly, I don't think we know enough about what options we'll get to vote on tonight to argue one way or another. I'm fairly certain an option to completely disband the military would still actually fall underneath military reform after all.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Honestly, I don't think we know enough about what options we'll get to vote on tonight to argue one way or another. I'm fairly certain an option to completely disband the military would still actually fall underneath military reform after all.

Eh, I think we'd work up to something that big.  I don't think N1 effects will be that great.  I'm just looking for like a 10% stability bonus or something.

And after all, at the end of the day, we have to pick *something*.

I think it's safe to say I'm the superest mostest confusedest.

But I think when we're picking a category, it could be a whole spectrum of different choices.

So like say we did a economic reform. The choices could be:

1. Lords and ladies know best. Let's go with feudalism.

2. Power to the people! Sieze the means of productions forthwith!

3. Industrializing and economic growth is good! Unfettered capitalism here we come!

4. I was just kidding. Really only ladies know best. Donate the entire treasury of the Empire to Sunflower.

Just because we pick the category doesn't mean it has to go in any one of those directions. I mean sure, #4 is the obvious choice, but who knows when we have a secret ballot right? 

Just now, Sunflower said:

Just because we pick the category doesn't mean it has to go in any one of those directions. I mean sure, #4 is the obvious choice, but who knows when we have a secret ballot right? 

Yeah, there's no telling how things will stack up.  I'm basically counting on the anti-civil war forces being more numerous than the pro-civil war forces in my calculus.  If something doesn't go accord to plan, there's no telling who did it.  Unless someone out there can like spy on people or something. Actually wouldn't surprise me if we had some people like that.

With what we know now, there's at least 2 significant factions here: the status quoers, and the pluralists. So who knows what might happen if we pick political reforms. There'd be a lot of disagreement there. Military or Economic reforms might be a safer bet for things we can agree on.