APB 3.2.3.0 Changelog

1 minute ago, Raap said:

So uh... It's an Ore Silo now? :v

Yeah, like I said, I didn't want the asset to go to waste even if I tweaked the economy. It still has the raised HP.

I could do something more with it down the line, like start out with 4/s and then degrade to 3/2/1 over the course of the match. But I didn't want to take any longer on this patch :v

Just now, Pushwall said:

Yeah, like I said, I didn't want the asset to go to waste even if I tweaked the economy.

I could do something more with it down the line, like start out with 4/s and then degrade to 3/2/1 over the course of the match. But I didn't want to take any longer on this patch :v

It should still have more health at least, right? But yeah, thing to remember is why I made it in the first place; The economy was too slow, and in the event your team slacked on iceberg duty, the old Ore Silo wasn't enough income to actually make your team able to... play the match. Of course since then, naval units had a small cost reduction, but nonetheless the old economic problem might resurface with this. Might want to keep an eye on the first few matches.

1 hour ago, Pushwall said:

Redeye/Strela range down (170 -> 160m) 

and

• Gunboat health up (300 -> 400)
  • Destroyer health up (450 -> 600) 

Means, that destroyers can easily outrange RPG troopers with Strela shooting from SubPen?

Rip Soviets on Coastal Influence ;)

13 minutes ago, Trollek said:

and

Means, that destroyers can easily outrange RPG troopers with Strela shooting from SubPen?

Rip Soviets on Coastal Influence ;)

Not with

Destroyer.gifMissile_Sub.gif Destroyer/Missile Sub

• Range down 10m.

[thumb]thumb_apb.9.png[/thumb]

Also Redeye/Strela got their damage boosted here, so their viability vs boats hasn't been hurt nearly as much as a bunch of other units have. The health boost was more for dealing with things that aren't supposed to be engaging boats, making the question of "should I use RPG or Strela vs boats" less of a question, and making boat vs boat combat less rocket-tag-esque.

Two questions and a comment

A) is currency a crate reward on rocktrap?

B) will the chinook be joining hostile waters?

Lastly thumbs up for naval health up, this means Naval combat between boat and sub lasts more than 5-10 seconds

4 minutes ago, Raptor29aa said:

A) is currency a crate reward on rocktrap?

Yeah, crates have a chance of giving 100 team credits.

4 minutes ago, Raptor29aa said:

B) will the chinook be joining hostile waters?

I tested around with it a bit and the way the base islands are laid out, as @Raap warned in his thread, is a bit too exploitable for chinooks to be fair. So I'm trying T5 infantry instead.

1 hour ago, ganein14 said:

Here's to hoping that we'll eventually see first person reload animations :cheers:

I only wish; recoil is as simple as it gets, and yet it took quite a while to get it to work - we lack sources for all the weapon animations, so I had to use an importer which screws up the positioning and basically forces you to start from square one, and a lot of the FP weapons don't have the properly separated segments for reloads (like magazines being a separate mesh from the gun to allow them to be individually manipulated) and often trying to fix that causes other animated parts of the weapon to break (this is why the lunar uber captains don't have eyes on their gun in first person).

9 hours ago, Pushwall said:

e3icon 0000.pngpt_so_rocket.png Rocket Soldiers

• M72 LAW now has homing (as it did in Beta). If you don't want to use homing because of cover around you or your target that might get in the way, it still has non-homing missiles on right click.
  • M72 LAW projectile velocity down (100 -> 75m/s)
  • Redeye/Strela now have homing (as they did in earlier versions).
  • Redeye/Strela projectile velocity down (400 -> 150m/s)
  • Redeye/Strela damage down (110 -> 90 Redeye, 80 -> 70 Strela)
  • Redeye/Strela damage multiplier to Yaks raised (0.625 -> 0.75)
  • Redeye/Strela range down (170 -> 160m)
  • No longer have pistols.
  • LAW/RPG splash damage increased (17.5 -> 22.5)

Homing LAW and RPG-7?

Mind as well give them BGM-71 TOW and 9K11 Fagot instead. (No I'm not serious)

Edited by TK-421

3 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Homing LAW and RPG-7?

Mind as well give them BGM-71 TOW and 9K11 Fagot instead. (No I'm not serious)

Never said the RPG-7 was homing. Besides, if we ever get a new weapon model for the rocket soldier, it most likely will be something that can track, so this is a good opportunity to test how well that'd work.

4 hours ago, Pushwall said:

Never said the RPG-7 was homing. Besides, if we ever get a new weapon model for the rocket soldier, it most likely will be something that can track, so this is a good opportunity to test how well that'd work.

If the RPG Soldier wasn't improved, was taking away his pistol just part of a general adjustment of the class?

I think the RPG/Rocket dude needs his pistol back, I found combat to be very "tedious" trying to get direct hits with a slow moving projectile while dancing like a madman between reloads to literally try and dodge bullets. The splash damage just isn't good damage for killing anyone except for trying to finish of a low health runner.

Just my 2c.

1 hour ago, Raap said:

I think the RPG/Rocket dude needs his pistol back, I found combat to be very "tedious" trying to get direct hits with a slow moving projectile while dancing like a madman between reloads to literally try and dodge bullets. The splash damage just isn't good damage for killing anyone except for trying to finish of a low health runner.

Just my 2c.

But he's not supposed to be an anti-infantry unit. If he gets his pistol back, maybe I need to re-buff the formely nerfed small arms vs vechs (especially if Allies lose the Grenadier) so that we don't keep seeing allied armies that consist almost entirely of rocket soldiers because adding anti-infantry to an anti-tank/air/naval unit makes it anti-everything?

I don’t know why everyone wants pistols on every unit now. I guess this still falls back on the difference between RTS and FPS. Just seems odd since units that already play a big role in team engagement suddenly have them. Rocket Soldiers should be protected by other team members while they deal with armor units. The Medic should be focused on healing, the Mechanic should be repairing vehicles, etc. 

How I approach everything (not just APB design) is that everything should be judged by its own merits. If something isn't fun or incomplete without something separately, then in my opinion something is wrong. Obviously nothing is ever truly so black/white, but it is just my personal outlook on anything gaming related.

I also do not believe in locking yourself into corners because of arbitrary reasoning. It is why I never really understood the "RAlism" concept, because from my point of view the focus should just be about making a game as enjoyable as possible; Everything else is irrelevant.

As for intentionally making units have shortcomings to encourage team play, to me this forced teamplay isn't going to make for a more enjoyable game, and instead, become a more frustrating experience to the average player. It's a long topic to get into, but I am not a developer for this game, and it is also way too hot in my country right now for me to delve deep into my thoughts on the matter, so I'll have to cut back and say I simply judge everything on its own merits - as this is what most typical players do.

Edited by Raap

12 hours ago, Coolrock said:

I don’t know why everyone wants pistols on every unit now. I guess this still falls back on the difference between RTS and FPS. Just seems odd since units that already play a big role in team engagement suddenly have them. Rocket Soldiers should be protected by other team members while they deal with armor units. The Medic should be focused on healing, the Mechanic should be repairing vehicles, etc. 

Rocket soldiers and medics still need protection from other units even if they have pistols! I dont see why a character shouldn't have pistols as sidearm.

47 minutes ago, Cat said:

:raise:

This is where I give the generic reply from 2006.

”Because it wasn’t in Red Alert.”

I know the views have changed a lot, but I’ll always be that person that wants the game as close as possible to the original, while doing only what is needed to help transition it to a FPS. That’s just my view personal view. 

3 hours ago, Coolrock said:

?

I  dislike multi-role units too (even cringe that all units in RA3 have abilities) but making the game exactly like Red Alert wouldn't be fun, that's why the med/light tank price got changed, destroyers being worse submarine killers than gunboats, spies got pistols, grenadiers got a  different role, etc. Things were changed to adjust to the FPS environment and balance underused units from the RTS. I'm still in favor of the units having the same weakness like their RTS counterparts but at least give the non-combat classes a pistol for light personal protection so at least there's a bit of variety for them and make it more fun. 

The Rocket Solder does a lot of damage vs infantry if he can get a lucky torso shot. Unfortunately most give up and try to hit the person’s feet, but this isn’t Halo the splash damage isn’t that good.

So feeling depressed that 400$ went down the tube by a 0$ infantry said person will post on the forums in hope of a more user friendly pistol being added to make the 400$ worth it.

Edited by Raptor29aa

Put me in the camp of a rifle infantry SHOULD be able to beat a rocket infantry.  Money isn't the only metric.  Different units have different roles, and it has nothing to do with hoping your team picks up the slack (though a well oiled team is certainly rewarding).  If you're a rocket infantry, part of the risk of buying one is being on the lookout for anti-infantry units.