[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

I still need a roster from @Category 5 Hurricane. Roles have been assigned. I'll adjust some things and make final changes. Look for the game start post in a bit less than 48 hours.

Time notices for those with odd schedules:

1) Discussion phases are 48 hours

2) Battle phases last until they're complete

3) Rest Phases last until 6:00PM EDT, so the amount of time you have for this phase depends on the battle phase. If you're not participating in the battle phase, you can send your Rest actions in earlier.

But there's no catching in this game :v

Here's the current version of the calculator I'm using btw, because transparency.

image.thumb.png.ceb72495dbad226bcac62e70d5ef2fcf.png

1) The Burned checkbox automatically halves the Attack stat for the calculation, for ease

2) The Force Crit checkbox exists for some moves that guarantee a critical hit, like Slash

3) The RNG Effect checkbox checks if a status condition is inflicted during an attack, such as Burn or Poison

4) The Copy button copies the damage formula textbox to the clipboard so that I can post to the thread and correct anyone who questions my math

PokeMafia Damage Calculator.exe

Some moves in the Generation 1 movepool have effects that require statistics that are unused in this game, such as Pokemon level. I will be going through the 163 moves today and making edits where needed. I'll post a movepool table in the OP at gamestart.

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

By the way, since we're just not seeing what moves our Pokemon have, how is our primary Pokemon for the first battle being selected?

The first one listed on your roster.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Are we allowed to change it now if we want to before the first night?

Nope, sorry. But you won't find any evolved Pokemon are first in the roster, so don't go thinking you can find an easy Team Rocket player.

Just now, Jeod said:

Nope, sorry. But you won't find any evolved Pokemon are first in the roster, so don't go thinking you can find an easy Team Rocket player.

What about investigating players at night? I'd assume it'd be rather obvious that if you found someone with an evolved Pokemon during the first night that they should be Team Rocket.

Just now, Shade939 said:

What about investigating players at night? I'd assume it'd be rather obvious that if you found someone with an evolved Pokemon during the first night that they should be Team Rocket.

Then it's luck, just like if a cop finds scum N1. Stop asking questions and leave some surprises for yourself.

Silly things that shouldn't need clarifying but somehow do anyway:

1) You cannot use an action more than once per rest phase. So no doubling up on the training actions.

2) You can save Pokecoins if you want to. It's a currency, saving money is a simple wisdom of life.

DAY ONE

BREAKING NEWS! Reports are coming in that Team Rocket has infiltrated Silph Company and taken hostages. Saffron City police are attempting to get to the building, however Team Rocket thugs are keeping them occupied. It is known that a few Trainers were inside the Silph Building during the takeover. If any of them can see this news broadcast, police urge Trainers to exercise caution--Team Rocket has recently taken to disguising themselves as ordinary Trainers to prevent being overrun by "little brats".

Kanto News 6 (KN6) is working to uncover a motive for such a takeover. Initial speculation suggests the prototype Master Ball is the target.

Day ends in 48 hours

CvC

image.thumb.png.ae7ccf0363066c74bd62dc3d4ea0d241.png

I started the game a day early due to plans being made for September 7-8. I'll be out of town those two days, so wanted to time the battle phase for that cycle to be on the 8th when I'll most likely be available.