[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

Seismic Toss against Magnemite. Should 1HKO Magnemite, but since there's the 25% chance that I'll be stunned, maybe you should attack him as well, Cat5.

As for Alakazam, if you have Sword Dance or Leer (Leer would be preferable), either you'll hit normal dmg or we'll both hit normal dmg against him.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

Everyone can leave to do other stuff now, he won't be back until 6 hours from now.

I'm going to go make dinner, it will take 30 minutes or so.  In the event the turn gets posted before then, I will thunder wave scyther next.

Pretty much and then I use items where needed. Though I'm not sure if Reflect actually works against Seismic Toss since in the games, although it's said that it halved the incoming physical damage, what it really did was double the defense value of their pokemon but Seismic Toss ignores the opponent's defense so...

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Yep, found a listing myself that direct damaging moves specifically bypass it.

Yeah, Seismic Toss can also hurt Ghosts while Night Shade can hurt Normal Pokemon, despite the fact that both aren't supposed to do any dmg. Though it appears that only works for Gen 1.

Reflect, Recover, Psychic, Disable (provided none of them changed).

Probably wise to double check results. Jeod will have to judge if Magnemite takes the full damage from seismic toss.
TURN 1:
Alakazam used Reflect!
Damage taken by team from opponent's physical attacks is halved for 5 turns!
Scyther used Slash!
A critical hit (automatic)!
Magnemite took 7 damage (14 without reflect)(18 HP left)!
Magnemite used Thunder Wave!
Snorlax is Paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Snorlax is Paralyzed! It can't move (25% chance to fail)!

Generation III

Instead of doubling the Defense of affected Pokémon, Reflect now technically halves the damage done to them by physical moves; it still does not reduce damage done by moves that deal direct damage.

If multiple Pokémon are present on the user's side of the field, all of them are protected by Reflect, but physical damage is only reduced by a third rather than half.