[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Starting the lies already eh? ;)

Technicially that Magikarp was determined by RNG before I switched a water type out for it. ?

Other than than that, I just had some seriously good luck for everything else and just decided that would work out perfectely fine as is.

Some random useful information that you'll want for easy reference, which related to this Special type attacks use the Spec stat for attacking and defending with them, while Physical types use Atk and Def instead.

Special type attacks: Water, Grass, Fire, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Dragon

Physical type attacks: Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Poison

8 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Unfortunately school starts soon so I'll be avoiding forum games.

Good luck with the classes! Is this your final year?

I can run the game with 7 players no problem. I'll close signups tomorrow night.

10 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Unfortunately school starts soon so I'll be avoiding forum games.

I should say the same, but I'm still in. If it comes to it though that I cannot do more mafia, I'll give you a heads-up Jeod.

If you need one player urgently sign me up. As I've told Jeod I would prefer to run or play a different type of pokemon forum game which would be sort of adventure. Running in similar fashion as my DS4 format on BHP, where you have locations that you can explore for loot and fight monsters or other trainers and develop a story. I would give trainers the opportunity to capture their own pokemon instead and then fight in the arena to determine who did the best as a trainer on their journey.

5 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

If you need one player urgently sign me up. As I've told Jeod I would prefer to run or play a different type of pokemon forum game which would be sort of adventure. Running in similar fashion as my DS4 format on BHP, where you have locations that you can explore for loot and fight monsters or other trainers and develop a story. I would give trainers the opportunity to capture their own pokemon instead and then fight in the arena to determine who did the best as a trainer on their journey.

I'd play that. I simply don't have the time or expertise to run such a game.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'd play that. I simply don't have the time or expertise to run such a game.

Yea needs a bit more determination but it's possible (wouldn't be more complicated than DS4 and definitely designed for less locations and play time).

44 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Yea needs a bit more determination but it's possible (wouldn't be more complicated than DS4 and definitely designed for less locations and play time).

Tbh I could build something like a Kanto Champion race and have players all be rivals moving across the region starting from Pallet Town . It'd need a lot more planning so I'd put off the game until next month at the earliest. Not to mention the huge need for scenario running. I would probably model it as if a tabletop RPG.

I think I'll save that for next time though unless everyone who's signed up wants that.

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I guess that leaves @ChopBam and @Nodlied from the usual suspects?

I'm out for now. I'll be spending most of my time trying to look for a job as soon as the weekend ends. Because I can't finish my education without a job.

Here's the three things you need to basically keep in mind for combat in order of importance.

1. Use moves based on what your opponents type is weak against based on this chart.

image.png.6bb03854b1907940ccd223e9566836ff.png

2. Use moves that match up with your Pokemon type in order to deal the most damage. This is only a 50% boost at most as compared to the usual 100% boost from using the correct damage type in point 1.

3. Pay attention to Pokemon stats and use moves based on that. Usually the stat difference is less than the 50% boost from STAB or point 2. Although in some cases, a Pokemon will be very weak versus Physical type moves while it'll be nearly immune to Special types moves based on it's Defensive and Special stat. Which is where this list comes into play.

Special type attacks: Water, Grass, Fire, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Dragon

Physical type attacks: Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Poison

Edited by Shade939