[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

I'm kinda suspicious of KY because of his claim that Machop was his main. He definitely has stronger pokemon so either he wanted to train them up, which would be good, or he's hiding strong pokemon. And I'm suspicious of Orange because he's been defending Shade a lot. I feel like I should go back and look at Shade's convos with people, but I'm too lazy.

One of the main reasons I think Orange is the Boss with potential for Godfather (which I also think Shade had) is because when I mentioned my rival and then Sunflower came out with hers, he automatically assumed that either Sunflower or me were very likely Scum, but then leaned heavily towards me. He didn't even take into consideration the likelihood for our targets to be Scum, which were Cat5 and Shade. It looks like he was trying to redirect our attention away from Shade while him choosing me was to save Shade since I already adamantly choose to kill him no matter what.

What I don't like is that we know he has a T3 pokemon as well.

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

How many items do you have, Cat5 and KY?

1 hour ago, Sunflower said:

I'm kinda suspicious of KY because of his claim that Machop was his main. He definitely has stronger pokemon so either he wanted to train them up, which would be good, or he's hiding strong pokemon. And I'm suspicious of Orange because he's been defending Shade a lot. I feel like I should go back and look at Shade's convos with people, but I'm too lazy.

I didn't lie, honestly. Machop was the Pokemon I had readied at the time, and Machop also happens to be my favorite Pokemon. :v I tend to roll Fire/Fighting. Now, it's true that I've had a Pokemon in training in the background for pretty much this whole time, but it's mostly due to the fact that I didn't want it outed before I was ready unleash it. An "ace in the hole," if you will. And there's no point hiding it since I'm down to my last Pokemon and will likely get put in the ring anyway: it's a Kadabra. And yeah, I've been rather quiet mostly because I didn't want to attract too much attention before it was ready.

The idea that there are 2 scum left (i.e., started with 3) is interesting. Normally it would be completely unfair, but giventhe setup and how tough it is to take someone out anyway, it may be possible. Question is, who?

-FRAYDO is the most clear town in my opinion. His cop claim didn't seem fishy at all, combined with his doctor ability. The only scenario I can see him being scum is if he was partnered with Sunflower, which poses a MAJOR balance problem if true. It would also pose a huge contradiction. Speaking of which:

-Sunflower had one of her Pokemon NK'ed. No way scum would fake a nightkill at this point in the game. So unless there's a bus driver (which I doubt), there's no way.

-Gonna have to reread Irish's interactions a bit, but Shade seemed pretty eager to help Orange keep him down.

This leaves Cat5 and Orange as the two remaining possibilities. I'm a little uncertain on Cat5, especially since he seems ready to push on Orange rather heavily.  Orange, however, had defended Shade quite a bit on a few occasions and even dodged a few questions from time to time, so he's the most likely candidate. If there's one more scum, then there's a false contradiction at some point. I'm also thinking that the last scum is a godfather, or in the case of two remaining scum rather than one, one of them is a godfather.

##rocket OrangeP47

Alright, I'm off for now. I've got a birthday party before D&D tomorrow, so if I'm voted for the fight, be prepared for a delay.

Yeah, I figured that wouldn't have worked but a slip would've been nice. Shade said he only had 1 healing item despite having 7 total items. He lost two matches which would've only given him 4 items, but he ended up using 6 during his last match. So from that we can determine Scum most likely started with 3 items. Maybe not all of Scum, like just the Admin and the Boss, but it's still something.

X-Special, X-Attack (He said other X-Attack at one point so he might've had two), Dire Hit, Guard Spec, Super Potion, and Awakening

And KY, it's not just an assumption that there's 3 Scum. The rules stated that there would only be an Admin if there were 3+ Scum while Shade was revealed to be an Admin.

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

And KY, it's not just an assumption that there's 3 Scum. The rules stated that there would only be an Admin if there were 3+ Scum while Shade was revealed to be an Admin.

I was going to let that point play out because I thought I'd already said that the ruleset on the first page is a draft and was subject to balancing, but reading back I see that I didn't state that very clearly (and could have said that explicity in a PM for all I know).

The Page 1 ruleset is something you should take with a grain of salt compared to the ruleset you received in your PMs. Naturally, the PM ruleset won't tell you what roles Rocket has. That's not to say there are or aren't 3 scum--generally I just want to avoid flak after the game. :v

31 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I was going to let that point play out because I thought I'd already said that the ruleset on the first page is a draft and was subject to balancing, but reading back I see that I didn't state that very clearly (and could have said that explicity in a PM for all I know).

The Page 1 ruleset is something you should take with a grain of salt compared to the ruleset you received in your PMs. Naturally, the PM ruleset won't tell you what roles Rocket has. That's not to say there are or aren't 3 scum--generally I just want to avoid flak after the game. :v

I was going to say, it's a bit of a stretch to say both KY and Cat 5 are scum, it made me question if Sunflower was deep scum or something.

I'm fine with you all voting me up, but let my opponent be KY, as he's the one we're all the most confident on.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I was going to say, it's a bit of a stretch to say both KY and Cat 5 are scum, it made me question if Sunflower was deep scum or something.

I'm fine with you all voting me up, but let my opponent be KY, as he's the one we're all the most confident on.

Deep scum? What's that? 

3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Not to mention that Shade tried REALLY hard to knock me out in my two double battles against him. And even when I was bound for like 4 turns he kept targeting me and not you.

I wouldn't put it above Shade to bus, even if in this case it's not bussing.

That got me thinking tho. Yesterday when I said not to expect Dragonite, and some people voted me up anyway - combined with poisoning my dragonite last night, it's totally possible there might have been a coordinated rocket effort to try to eliminate me. So it might be worth looking at who voted me up to be trainer yesterday. I think it was KY and Irish but I don't remember for sure.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

That got me thinking tho. Yesterday when I said not to expect Dragonite, and some people voted me up anyway - combined with poisoning my dragonite last night, it's totally possible there might have been a coordinated rocket effort to try to eliminate me. So it might be worth looking at who voted me up to be trainer yesterday. I think it was KY and Irish but I don't remember for sure.

Yeah I've considered that possibility too.  I think we can continue to put KY in the scummy category, I don't think anyone has a defense of him.

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Though actually, if you were scum, Dragonite wouldn't have been night killed, so I guess not even deep scum.

The only reason we have any reason to believe Dragonite was NKed is because Sunflower told us so. If she was Rocket, that would mean she was lying. So she could still be deep scum.

I don't like how you ended that logic train, Orange.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I was getting pretty attached to that 3-scum idea, I have to say. Having Shade/KY as the scum team seems too easy, so I was all for it being Shade/KY/Orange. Now I'm not so confident.

If this is due to my post regarding the rules, I was neither confirming nor denying it. The post was simply to communicate that the OP ruleset should not be used as the basis for such claims as it can directly lead to "bad GM is bad" comments in the postgame due to the foggy nature of the initial clarification. Anyway, here's a CvC:

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 Category 5 Killing_You
Killing_You   OrangeP47
Shade939    
FRAYDO    
Sunflower OrangeP47 Killing_You
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

Although Jeod obviously doesn't want to derive any meaning from his clarification as to how many Scum members there are total, it still feel like there's only one left now because of clarification. We've already have it worked down to KY, Orange, or Cat5 so now we have to decide on how we're going to do this.

1. We can have them fight it out

Pros: We don't have to worry about losing any pokemon. They have the potential to whittle each other down making for an easy battle or outright killing Scum.

Cons: If Scum ends up winning, we might end up making them more powerful. If Scum wins, they will get more items no matter what (losing too, except for KY since he only has one chance left).

2. We fight them.

Pros: We can win items and might make ourselves more powerful.

Cons: We might end up barely winning, taking out a pokemon we can use unless we have healing items (not that big of a deal). Have the chance of losing while still making Scum more powerful.

If it's against KY or Cat5, I feel pretty confident that I'd win. Against Orange...I'm not. I have too many useless items.

Hitmonlee isn't on my roster, so definitely not that one. (Hitmonchan is the one I have)

Scyther used to be far and away the best Pokemon I had, but the improvements I've made to the rest of the roster means I have 4 Pokemon of pretty close to equal usefulness. I just have to pick the one I think will be best for the fight I think I might wind up in. (Like when I selected Pikachu when I thought Lapras was a likely combatant.)

On 9/15/2018 at 2:13 AM, TheIrishman said:

Yeah, I figured that wouldn't have worked but a slip would've been nice. Shade said he only had 1 healing item despite having 7 total items. He lost two matches which would've only given him 4 items, but he ended up using 6 during his last match. So from that we can determine Scum most likely started with 3 items. Maybe not all of Scum, like just the Admin and the Boss, but it's still something.

X-Special, X-Attack (He said other X-Attack at one point so he might've had two), Dire Hit, Guard Spec, Super Potion, and Awakening

I think the apparent fact that Shade had more items than he was supposed to is linked to his role. The Rocket Admin role probably had access to extra items. He was also given an extra item as a concession after Jeod miscalculated how much damage was done to Shade's Rhyhorn.

12 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah, was too busy this afternoon to stir the pot like I ususally do.

My next concern to be talked about is who do we think can beat KY.  I'm fine with it being me as I have a fairly strong main again, but I'm not the only option.

Previously you suggested that the pokemon you were training up would be capable of downing a Snorlax. Now you say you can beat KY when he said he's using a Kadabra. Do you stand by both of these statements?