What games are you excited for this year?

As of this point, I'm currently waiting for Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Pokemon: Let's Go!, Dragon Quest IX, and Battlefield V. Probably most excited for Pokemon: Let's Go!, since it brings back great memories, and I've spent a lot of time on Pokemon Go in the past. Starlink being next, since I'll be getting it for the Nintendo Switch, which also means getting a pretty sweet Arwing and Fox McCloud. Dragon Quest IX because I just love RPGs and enjoy stories way too much (and grinding for hours for no reason). Battlefield V because it's one of my favorite eras in history, and I know a lot of people getting it :v

List of things that can kill the mood for Pokemon Let's Go: Pokemon Go capture system instead battling wild Pokemon, $60 instead of $40 because Switch, and having to capture the required Pokemon to challenge a gym.

As for me, My Hero Academia and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, as well as Digimon Survive and Kill la Kill for next year.

Edited by neko soldier

3/4 of the year is already so we got 4 more months until 2019 so yeah most of the games I wanted to play but haven't had the time. Do note that all this or most of em are released already. They are :-

• Valkyrie Chronicles 4
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire  ( if i dive into this very scary ooo, time gone so fast )
  • State of Decay 2 ( Was Meh and I played it )
  • EXIMIUS: Seize the Frontline ( Initially I heard about this RTS-FPS game being developed locally, until I met one of the ex-lecturer from another studios called Spacepup decided to told me it was Jeremy, which is also my ex-lecturer was creating this game. So I joined the team but 1st I got to complete my semester Final Year Project )
  • Detroit become Human ( I wanted to know the story it was real good, too bad don't have PS4 even at university game lab do not have PS4 lol )

SOYBOY DETECTED ^

ACE COMBAT 7:

I've waited 13/14 years for a respectful sequel to Ace Combat Zero and 5. Unsung War was my favourite PS2 game, perhaps my favourite game of all time. To see Project Aces going back to their roots makes me very excited, as the Strangereal setting had oodles of potential and was wholly capitvating. Great narratives (for the most part, especially 4,5 and zero.. 3 was good for the Jap version) but 6 was l disappointed (other than the modern day Kelly's Heroes side story with the armoured corps) and felt it was too short, too easy and lacked the punch of the PS2 entries. Its had trailers for the past 3 years, I know it'll be good.. they have too much riding on it. Sorry folks, this reads like trash but I'm dickered ;)

Red Dead Redemption 2:

The first 2 were also some of my favourite games ever made. I grew up watching westerns, and reading books on american and canadian history in the west, as well as riding horses/shooting good ole levers. It's all the good spaghetti westerns mixed with the top american/canadian westerns. RDR was Unforgiven and For a Few Dollars More tier good. This has me more hyped than any game that's come out in the last 8 years since Fallout New Vegas and the last RDR. Rockstar put a level of passion and love into RDR that IMO is only rivaled by the original Deus Ex and CD Projeckt Red's games.

Battlefield V is a game I’m excited for. I’ve been playing this series since Battlefield 1942 and I’m excited to see them go back to the World War Two setting. I just hope it’s not too much like Battlefield 1 (2016) because that game was boring as fuck. 

I was excited for Black Ops 4 but after playing the beta I cancelled the pre-order. It was terrible, which is a shame because I enjoyed the previous Black Ops games. Maybe it’ll get better after launch, but I’m not counting on that. 

4 hours ago, NodGuy said:

I was excited for Black Ops 4 but after playing the beta I cancelled the pre-order. It was terrible, which is a shame because I enjoyed the previous Black Ops games.

Would you be able to elaborate more on this please? As someone who generally likes Treyarch products I am not impressed by their offering thus far but never got to play the beta. It's a shame since I did like all their titles (WaW being the best one for me).

15 hours ago, neko soldier said:

List of things that can kill the mood for Pokemon Let's Go: Pokemon Go capture system instead battling wild Pokemon, $60 instead of $40 because Switch, and having to capture the required Pokemon to challenge a gym.

As for me, My Hero Academia and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, as well as Digimon Survive and Kill la Kill for next year.

I can't say anything against it, because I just enjoy Pokemon too much. It's also an excuse to get my girlfriend to play with me!

14 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

smashbros-ed.jpg

HYPE.

I'm excited for this also! Spent way too many hours on it.

4 hours ago, Inferno said:

Am I a casual if I say "none"?

Yes.

4 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Battlefield V is a game I’m excited for. I’ve been playing this series since Battlefield 1942 and I’m excited to see them go back to the World War Two setting. I just hope it’s not too much like Battlefield 1 (2016) because that game was boring as fuck. 

I was excited for Black Ops 4 but after playing the beta I cancelled the pre-order. It was terrible, which is a shame because I enjoyed the previous Black Ops games. Maybe it’ll get better after launch, but I’m not counting on that. 

I'm the same way. I enjoyed Call Of Duty games only because most of the time all my friends get it. This is the first one that we're all skipping. Just not a fan of where the game went.

26 minutes ago, forg0ten1 said:

tiberian rivals

Kane would be most displeased.

For myself, the main thing I'm looking forward to right now is Metro: Exodus. The previous two games were absolutely top notch, and the book series was excellent(if a bit of a grueling read), so I'm very excited to play. Just hope my crappy computer can run it. Other than that, definitely Smash Bros. Ultimate. Nothing else recently announced has really struck my fancy, though Battlefield V looks neat, but I'll be waiting for a sale for that.

9 hours ago, JigglyJie said:

Would you be able to elaborate more on this please? As someone who generally likes Treyarch products I am not impressed by their offering thus far but never got to play the beta. It's a shame since I did like all their titles (WaW being the best one for me).

To me, it does feel like Black Ops 3.5, but without the "advanced" movement of Black Ops 3. The maps or lame, the weapons look boring, the time-to-kill is longer, the graphics look too bright for this kind of game, and I'm not a fan of the sliding and jumping that's oh so ever prevalent in this game. I don't care for the Black Out game mode because I never cared for this Battle Royal fad.

That, and how they have the audacity to call it a Black Ops game when there's no fucking campaign.

Battlefield V, Two Point Hospital and the final DLC for Hollow Knight!

Maybe Red Dead 2 if the multiplayer is fun. I'm really into Sea of Thieves right now which is super emergent. I'd love something like that to scratch that cowboy itch.

1 hour ago, OWA said:

Battlefield V, Two Point Hospital and the final DLC for Hollow Knight!

Maybe Red Dead 2 if the multiplayer is fun. I'm really into Sea of Thieves right now which is super emergent. I'd love something like that to scratch that cowboy itch.

I really need to try Sea of Thieves still. I just hate the fast that I can lose so much, since I don't have much time to invest anymore into a game.

I do hope the multiplayer for Red Dead is good. I got tired of GTA V online pretty fast after completing every heist with some friends.

Monster hunter world on PC... Oh wait that just came out and sucked all my free time.

I'd like to get a switch and play some of the games for that smash bros is a must I have my smash 4 gamecube controller and adapter ready to go.

Also monster hunter generations ultimate on said switch. 

I guess Spyro if it comes out on pc.

MODERN WARFARE 2 REMASTERD THEY DINT RELEASE A TRAIELR BECAUSE SOME DUMB ^$# DECIDED TO SHOOT UP A SCHOOL SO IT GOT POSTPOWENED  to what like October or after bo4's release and yes it will be campaign only for a short while but people believe they will put in multiplayer because they don't want to lose there money and they have hinted at mw2 remasterd in a live stream so and mw2 got me into fps games because after renagade I was like ehh il stick with elder scrolls for a good bit until I got into cod and the ac universe and battle field and also battle front 2 the original and the new one and if you dint know they complete overhauled the game and now there doing a clone wars season but anyway mw2r is coming out before Christmas but after bo4's release  and if you dint know 2019 is when mw4 is coming out because there were a hole chunk of leaks and rumors  and hints form the creators them selfs  and reveal has been hinted in a mwr special beach themed map remake on a fence outside a construction sight hinting at a summer 2019 reveal

I got less and less time for games as the years drag on, but if I gotta pick one game to look forward to this year it's definitely Soul Calibur 6.

For next year it's absolutely going to be Doom: Eternal.

On 8/15/2018 at 2:53 PM, OrangeP47 said:

I don't buy many new releases, but I just want to say I enjoy seeing Two-Point Hospital get some love.  I really liked the original dos game.

I still go back and play the original theme hospital now and then. EA gave it away for free on origin a few years ago with a dosbox wrapper. I can't think of any other game I've gone back to over and over again over such a long period...