7 members have voted

1. 1. When should we play?

• September 1st
    • September 8th
    • September 15th
    • September 22nd

This poll is closed to new votes

2di0lte.png

Alright people, as promised, here's the sign-up thread for the Hearts of Iron IV multiplayer game. There's been talk about a multiplayer game long before the Ausgleich game, but we pretty much decided to have one after it was over. So without further ado, let's discuss what the proposed rules are and how to sign up. Disclaimer: This is not a forum game. It's the actual HOI IV game. I just put it here as it's this forum population that has been expecting it. 

The first game will take place on the 22nd of September, we'll start around 20:00-21:00 GMT.

Time and where

Obviously, we want to figure out when we're going to play and on which voice chat we'll link up. As for when: I suggest Saturday the 1st of September (also the historical start date of WWII by pure coincidence) at around 20:00-21:00 GMT.  This is so that everyone can play. Games take a lot of time, especially if game speed is limited to 3 due to slow connections. This allows us to get somewhere in the game before ending or saving it.
As per where we'll meet up, the usual place would be Teamspeak, but I've heard voices to meet up on Discord as well. Let us hear where you'd like to meet up.

Rules

• Victory is achieved by controlling (not owning) two of the capitals of the enemy major players + controlling Warsaw.
    For the Axis this means two of Washinton, London, Paris, Moscow + Warsaw. (The Japanese faction is counted towards the Axis,)
    For the Allies, two of Berlin, Rome, Tokyo, Moscow + Warsaw.
    For the Committern, two of Washinton, London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Tokyo + Warsaw. 
    This ensures that the game can be ''won'' by all sides. I prevents the necessity for the Axis to spend too much time to take down the massive Allied navy while, at the same time, it also prevents an Allied D-Day sweep considering that they won't be able to grab Warsaw that quickly. This means that the game can end while the war isn't technically over yet. Obviously, enemy capitals must be connected to your won via land connection or ports.

• Major nations and those specified in the faction sign-up list are not allowed to switch ideologies or leave their historical faction. This means, for example, that France can't join the Axis or that Germany and the Soviet Union can form the Berlin-Moscow Axis. Stay with your historical faction and historical ideology.

• Boosting ideologies or staging coups in other majors (and other nations mentioned in the faction bound sign-up list) is not allowed. This is due to the fact that this mechanic is horribly broken. Boosting ideologies in other nations via national spirits through your focus tree (example: the Soviet ''comitern'' focus provides a temporary, national spirit for France and the UK, increasing their Communist popularity.) is, of course, allowed. Keep in mind that the faction and ideology bound nations are not allowed to change ideology.

• Declaring war is not allowed until at least two major factions are at war unless:
    1. You have claims or cores on enemy territory (example: Soviet cores on Finland after the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact),
    2. You have a national focus to go to war.
    3. You've gone to war by issuing a guarantee on another nation (example: this is usually the way the Allies get involved after Danzig or War).
    This is to prevent silly early wars in wich, for example, Germany rushes the Netherlands for Oil, or where the Soviets rush China.

• Puppets listen and follow their ''owner's'' orders. Generally this means that the Commonwealth follow the UK. I mean, you can opt to not do so, but then the UK might not grand you free stuff. :v

Sign-ups

So, how do you sign up? Well, that's easy! Below is a list of factions with their relevant majors and minors. There are also some unaligned minors that are allowed to switch ideologies and pick a side as they choose. However, as a rule of the thumb, we want to have the majors of all factions filled before we include playable minors. That said though, if you are inexperienced at the game, you can always pick a minor and have one AI major instead. However, let me specify that the most experienced players have priority when it comes to majors. This so that the game is as balanced as possible. Just let me know if you want to play and what nation you want to play in this thread.

Allies
The Allies will fight for the free world and for the good of all. The question is, will they prevail this time and achieve a victory before either the Axis or Soviets become too powerful?

Majors

1. The United Kingdom - Category 5 Hurricane
  2. France - Fraydo
  3. AMERICA, FUCK YE The USA - Retaliation

Minors

1. Canada
  2. The British Raj
  3. Australia
  4. Netherlands
  5. Belgium
  6. South Africa
  7. New-Zealand
  8. Denmark
  9. Norway
  10. Portugal

Axis
The Axis (and East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere) believe that they can establish a new world order and do a bunch of other terrible stuff. Will they succeed or will they get their arses kicked?

Majors

1. Germany - Nodlied
  2. Italy - Voe
  3. Japan (As East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere)

Minors

1. Hungary - Liten
  2. Romania - Pluk
  3. Manchuko (As East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere)
  4. Bulgaria

Committern
The Comitern, or Third International, isn't off to a good start with internal troubles as well as the dreadful purge. However, can they establish the giant Soviet sphere they so desire or will they suffer a horrendous defeat against their two mortal enemies?

Majors

1. The Soviet Union (Can be played by two players if needed) - TheIrishman

Minors

1. Mongolia

Non-aligned
These nations have the option of picking a side. See too it that you choose wisely.

Minors

1. Spain
  2. Yugoslavia
  3. Siam
  4. Communist China - TheIrishman's friend
  5. Sweden
  6. Finland
  7. Chinese warlords
  8. Mexico - iLikeToSnipe
  9. Greece

Specific cases
There are some specific cases which either cannot be chosen or have another role.

Majors

1. China. HAS to go United Front and cannot change faction or ideology. A hard challenge. Pick if you dare.

Minors

1. Austria (Cannot be chosen)
  2. Czechoslovakia (Cannot be chosen)
  3. Albania (Cannot be chosen)
  4. Ethiopia (Cannot be chosen)
  5. Poland (Pick if you dare) Can only join Allies or Miedzymorze if up for a true challenge. Not recommended though.
  6. Switserland (Can't join factions or wars unless it has been declared on by another faction. Has to join the Allies if declared on. Tends to be a boring game.)

Now go sign-up and let's have a game. That said, all rules and such are open for debate and this thread should act as a framework for potential future games.

Just now, Retaliation said:

First choice is USA.

Second choice is Manchukuo if I can go the independence war route.

About Manchuko, the OP states that you can't leave factions or switch ideologies if specified in the faction bound sign-up lists.

Also, I might have to specify that it doesn't matter if you have the DLC's or not. The game allows everybody to play with whatever DLC's the host has. If I were to be the host, you'd have access to all DLC's during the game, whether you own them or not.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This game starts too soon in the future for me to be sure I'll even be home, so for now I have to just wait and see. I'd prefer to be United Kingdom or Switzerland, or any Allied country. I also don't really have a problem joining in progress.

Starting time is always debatable. So we'll see. I'll nod you down as UK for now though.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

In the case that I can make it, and you play as a fellow Allied Country, I'll gladly help you get up to speed.

Sure. I have an ongoing game right now that I started as USA. Figured I'd declare war on Mexico and conquer the western hemisphere. Turns out I can't do that as I "don't have a reason to declare war". I got lost at that point.

Just now, Jeod said:

Sure. I have an ongoing game right now that I started as USA. Figured I'd declare war on Mexico and conquer the western hemisphere. Turns out I can't do that as I "don't have a reason to declare war". I got lost at that point.

If you want to declare war on things early, you have to be basically the opposite of the USA. The US does have a focus tree that can help with that, but the initial target of that is Venezuela if I recall correctly

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If you want to declare war on things early, you have to be basically the opposite of the USA. The US does have a focus tree that can help with that, but the initial target of that is *REDACTED* if I recall correctly

You are revealing top secret U.S. Government information. 

OH COME ON MAN I aint spending no 40 dollars for an rts that acts like risk and what ever that other game was that was on windows xp oh right it was axis and allies the first one but the graphics are good I was gonna get this at some point but I forgot I dint because it was simpley 40 us dollars and thats about 1/3 of a new game plus taxes so this is a no but I might think about it in time

4 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

The Axis are absolutely going to stomp us and it's going to be great. I'll offer myself up as the sacrificial lamb and go with France.

:doge:

We figured we'd do something drastic this time around and have a competent Italy.

France isn't as cucked as you think - I managed to stop Nodlied's Germany not too long ago. It required all my blood, sweat and tears, but it happened 

:v

9 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

This should probably be moved to general section.

I'm keeping it here for now. Just to see if we can get everything to work. If it works and we have a good game, I'll extend it to the rest of the community.

9 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Could I sign up for Brazil? If not, I'd like to take Mexico. Might not be available that day so I won't sign up for a major.

Brazil is a bit of a meh, but if nobody else takes Mexico, then sure. 

9 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

The Axis are absolutely going to stomp us and it's going to be great. I'll offer myself up as the sacrificial lamb and go with France.

That depends on how competent our enemies are. :v

8 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

If we decide to change this to Kaiserriech, then Russia. if we're going with standard then also probably Russia :b

Kaiserreich tends to suffer from networking issues when played with a lot of players. It doesn't have to be the case but I'd rather test this in vanilla.

5 hours ago, Voe said:

:doge:

We figured we'd do something drastic this time around and have a competent Italy.

Hide contents

France isn't as cucked as you think - I managed to stop Nodlied's Germany not too long ago. It required all my blood, sweat and tears, but it happened 

:v

Ah yes... I remember the previous player Italy we had *loses Rome on D1 of the war and gets encircled multiple times*

Spoiler

And yes you did, but I still blame myself for not adapting well enough.

4 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Chances are that I won't be able to join in until 4 to 6 hours after game start, though with so many players I'd imagine that it'd still be viable to join since it'll probably be at a slower speed.

Right.

In any case, considering that many people can't join the game until later, what if we move it to another day. Is there any Friday or Saturday that we can start at the same time with more players? Let me know.

Hi friends, I am Hungry.

14 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'll have to skip this for now, still too very new to HOI4.

The tutorial is ass.

Literally sucking a trillion monkey nuts with this shitty excuse, just join you uneducated potato farmer.

13 hours ago, Killing_You said:

If it wasn't on Saturday, I'd sign up. :v But, unfortunately, I have to pass.

Good, we don't want you anyway becuase we want to go faster than speed 1.

40 minutes ago, Liten said:

Hi friends, I am Hungry.

Literally sucking a trillion monkey nuts with this shitty excuse, just join you uneducated potato farmer.

Good, we don't want you anyway becuase we want to go faster than speed 1.

Go back to lurking Discord, demon spawn.

For me and Cat5, at least, it's not about another Friday or Saturday, it's that it is a Friday or Saturday. Lately, they've been tending to schedule us to work the weekends. I'm assuming the earliest I could play on a Friday or Saturday is at about 7:10 -5 GMT on Friday so about 0:10 GMT on Saturday AKA around midnight.

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And I now have my schedule and won't be available anywhere near game time on that date.

Do you have any indication as to when you'd think you'd be available?