Starting date  

7 members have voted

1. 1. When should we play?

• September 1st
    • September 8th
    • September 15th
    • September 22nd

This poll is closed to new votes

Generally Saturdays should be the best moment, as US players will generally not be bound by work (talking a normal workweek here) and EU players won't have to worry about waking up early the next day (generally).

8 hours ago, Liten said:

Given that we're probably unlikely to finish any war in one session, it probably doesn't matter if the game starts on a historical day.

Considering that most people have voted for the 22nd, what would you lads think about playing the ''big'' game on the 22nd while having a smaller ''test'' game this Saturday where we'd limit ourselves to the combatants of the early war? That way we'd be able to calculate how long a ''real'' game would take while ensuring that we'd be able to finish the shorter game. However, if we were to go with a smaller test game first, I'd also suggest that people are allowed to change nations to suit the smaller game (in fact, I'd even dare to pick France). Let me know. 

22 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Considering that most people have voted for the 22nd, what would you lads think about playing the ''big'' game on the 22nd while having a smaller ''test'' game this Saturday where we'd limit ourselves to the combatants of the early war? That way we'd be able to calculate how long a ''real'' game would take while ensuring that we'd be able to finish the shorter game. However, if we were to go with a smaller test game first, I'd also suggest that people are allowed to change nations to suit the smaller game (in fact, I'd even dare to pick France). Let me know. 

I won't be around this Saturday, would be around for a test game on the 8th though.

Alright, so we've completed today's test game with Voe, Liten, TheIrishman and Fraydo (for a bit). Voe as the UK, Liten as Sweden, Svea Rike, and later the Scandinavian Empire, and Fraydo as a short lived Czechoslovakia (he had to leave early anyway). I played as Belgium.

Test has been completed successfully and, even though there was a slow start due to the connections, the game could handle speed 4 until the late game anti-Soviet war started.

The big game will be set for the 22nd of September, be there or be square. :v

Also, the following spoiler contain a few screenshots of today's game. Not really worthy of an after action report, as we didn't adhere to the rules and we were simply dicking around, but eh.

Spoiler

CA533B05D50E58979F2CA302E26F79472CC38BD0

For some reason, Luxembourg manages to advance into Germany. (Note, Germany had been defeated once at this point and would get their arses kicked three times this game.)

57A16F8E2320543A4E6B91185E5E975EF2AF3E29

Liten's Scandinavian Empire (after he left) didn't stand much of a chance when it came to the navy.

72ABB4CEEF1144DA1C1996F7A04386D19FC7069E

The state of the world after the final (3rd) war against the Germans as well as the 2nd war against the Scandinavians. Let it be known though that Italy did a few... interesting things. First they joined the Japanese faction, then formed their own faction. Then lost the war after which Bulgaria became the leader of Italy's faction. Italy then rejoined their old faction under Bulgarian rule. And then Bulgaria declared war on Greece, which joined Romania's faction, and then got rekt by Greece and Romania in about a week. Italy never joined that war. Due to Bulgaria now no longer existing (check later screenies), Italy once more became the leader of their own faction. Confused? Yes, we all were.

C5D29B1ADE808BFB16809F6C9A14A17CDB75ADD5

End game.

4F62E5A5E6E4149EF878C78AD675108FDBFC1BB5

A closer look at Europe. Also, Republican Spain was extremely strong this game. No idea how they managed that, but ok.

275791106B1FDC4755F8888157A5B208C8168754

Faction mapmode.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

My shift at work ends right at the same time this game is scheduled to start. I'll make sure to get myself out of there on time and should be home in less than 15 minutes.

Did we decide on a communication method, yet?

That's fine. The timespot is the moment where we meet up, the game probably doesn't start until later, so you won't miss anything.

As for communication, I'd say Teamspeak works well. 

How long do you Eurozone people think you're going to be able to play? Work is pressuring TheIrishman, myself, and maybe Skyhater (The Com China player) to get back to work when the game is over. I told them that the time the game takes is kinda indefinite, and probably depends on how late you guys plan to play. 

I'd say that four hours will be a good period of time for the first game and/or the first part of the first game. I don't expect it to finish this week, so even if we're not done after four hours, we can still save the game and continue it later. We can also end it a bit earlier if necessary.