Soviet MiG-29 Update

My question, is if this is gonna be a hard counter to the cruiser what counters it?

Red Eyes already have trouble reaching yaks before they beat it by range. The destroyer is gonna need some wicked fast missiles in order to keep this bad boy from sinking the whole Allied navy

11 minutes ago, Testament said:

My question, is if this is gonna be a hard counter to the cruiser what counters it?

Red Eyes already have trouble reaching yaks before they beat it by range. The destroyer is gonna need some wicked fast missiles in order to keep this bad boy from sinking the whole Allied navy

It came up already that the Destroyer would be a little better at dealing with air units to balance this out. Pushwall is working very hard all the time to get balance right for the players, so have no fear!

1 hour ago, des1206 said:

In C&C Generals, regular anti-air rockets often fall off after they chase after aircrafts for abit, but US's Patriot missiles will chase the plane all the way back to its airfield. I loved little details like that.

The only thing we could feasibly do this for is the SAM Site. W3D projectiles don't care about how much something is trying to retreat from them; their maximum range is always the same, no question. If the destroyer's missiles had enough range to chase MiGs to the edge of the earth, they'd also be able to fire base-to-base and hit buildings (though sometimes they'll just go drunk once they exceed the target box range). AI-controlled stuff is different though as they will only attempt to fire at things that are within the range that their script tells them to fire at, which doesn't have to be the same as their projectile range.

What's actually going to happen though is the Destroyer's missiles will get a simple velocity boost. You're not going to be outrunning many 200m/s rockets in a 50m/s plane.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:11 PM, Coolrock said:

:soviet: Soviet MiG-29 Update :soviet:

Hello everyone! I'm excited to bring you another update on the MiG. Fabian has been working very hard to detail the MiG to be one of the best looking models we've ever had in Red Alert: A Path Beyond. He still has more to do, but we're too excited to share progress with you! Check it out below!

Soviet MiG-29 1Soviet MiG-29 2

Soviet MiG-29 3Soviet MiG-29 4

Goddamn... that shit is tight.

There is a lot of talk about a cruiser now. Is it going to be the same model and layout as in Lunar Paradox? 

Where is BattleLaf? Make him prep his anus voice for the line "Our Uber-Duper Advanced Naval Yard is under a tag!".

I mean otherwise it'll just get a butcher job like "Our AIR!!!!(!!!!) field is under a tag."

And nobody likes that. Nobody.

17 hours ago, Raap said:

I mean otherwise it'll just get a butcher job like "Our AIR!!!!(!!!!) field is under a tag."

And nobody likes that. Nobody.

I’m so glad i’m not the only one that noticed that weird ass voiceover 

I blame whatever Gamma-era dev told BattleLaf "hey, we need unit ready announcements for the Yak and MiG just in case we get the means to implement them in 8 years' time, but don't worry about doing any Airfield attack announcements, it's not like these units will need a building to be purchased from and to land at." I'll look into improving it but ultimately anything new like the airfield has to be a splice job unless someone comes and redoes all the EVA work. (And first I'd prefer to hear new radio commands.)

• 6 months later...