Questions for Frank Klepacki

Coolrock

Hey guys! I just got an email back from Frank, and he'd like us to get a bunch of questions together for him to answer for our community. Hopefully with enough support, we could try to get him to do something more fun in the future! For those of you who might not know who Frank Klepacki is, click his name for a little more information. That's right, he's made just about all the music you love listening to while playing any of your favorite C&C games.

I'd like as many people to participate as possible. I want to show him just how much we love his music and want to know more about him. Post any questions you might have, and I'll collect them to send as a Q&A.

I appreciate everyone who helps!

Some of Frank's solo albums have a lot of similarities with his work on C&C titles, specifically Morphscape, Rocktronic and Infiltrator have a number of tracks that sound like they would fit perfectly in the earlier Red Alert C&C games. Were these tracks at some point intended for these games, or is it purely just a matter of your music style preference?

Bonus question: Any chance W3DHub projects could get non-profit, non-direct distribution rights to the mentioned albums, for inclusion within the W3D games (the music files would be stored inside game data, and used exclusively as level background music using the built-in music playlists where authors of music get full credit)?

so early on red alert was not in the past it was still gdi and Nod , any info on that?

how was ra development

http://www.cncsaga.de/1482-interview-with-frank-klepacki.htm

It was originally intended to be a Nod track, until I found out that Red Alert was a different setting.

has joe kucan been a influence on the music, were you a influence on him?

about retaliation what happend?, is there any memories of note?, did you meet the actors?

https://psxdatacenter.com/images/covers/U/C/SLUS-00665.jpg

intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhGyYqOX6xg

full soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hbENch8Cqg

also i enjoyed beatnuckle.

did it or your time there inflence cnc?

thanks

Edited by catting

If you could abort anyone from the history of the earth, who would it be?

Did you ever pick up any chicks from the tracks you've composed? Your band was super hardcore

Where should I get my grub on in Las Vegas that isn't a cheap, cigarette laden buffet?

Would you consider composing a short, cervine/deer or (PLECOSTOMUS) related track for Expansive Civilian Warfare's loading screen?
I'd pay you in COMBO snacks and rye whisky

What projects can we expect to see from you in the future?

Also ask him if we can get a high quality stereo version of Act on Instinct without the lyrics. The official soundtrack only came with the lyric version if I recall correctly.

I'd also love this song without the ingame sounds.

8 hours ago, Coolrock said:

I had actually emailed him about a week ago as part of a little project I’m working on. I did find it funny that you had posted something with him while I was trying to contact him :v

He-he)) And I was planning that interview one-two monts ago, after his announce of the album, but I wanted to wait until its release and, of course, after delivery date.

Questions from a fan:

1) Did you ever think joining Westwood Studios as a composer way back then would have left such a legacy on the gaming community, particularly the community surrounding the Command & Conquer series?

2) It's amazing to see that you are still creating new music to this day! Are you already working on the next album?

3) Any prominent video game composers catching your interest these days? If so, any chance of music collaboration with them?

I am always curious where does the sound technology is going, we see improve graphics, better monitors with higher resolution and in-game engine with almost realistic rendering.

Kaskins : Where would you think of the sound technology is going in the next 10 years time? Have we reach the limits of sound technology that we can hear?

OWA's question: When I used to work with Andre Arsenault, he once told me a story about when you played him one of his voice lines from Tiberian Sun: Firestorm as he entered a room once, (something about a "cool beverage"?). My question is, what's your favourite piece of obscure dialogue from any C&C game?

• 2 weeks later...

GraYaSDF: Hi there again, Frank! I of course have two new questions since our last conversation:

1) Which style did you choose for your next solo album? Does it sound like something between Static-X, Metallica, and/or Bon Jovi, or is it something completely new and incredible?
2) Do you plan to record your voice for upcoming metal album?