What music are you listening to?

What’re you listening to right now? What kind of music do you like? Favorite band?

I’m currently listening to Element Eighty - Broken Promises. 

I enjoy a pretty big range of music. Rock/Metal, Rap/HipHop, Pop, J-Pop/J-Rock, and even some dub-step. Nobody else in my family has my music taste either. I guess the internet is to blame for that. 

As for favorite band/singer, it’s really hard to say because I enjoy so much music. If I had to actually choose based on who I’ve listened to the most over the years, I’d probably go with Michael Jackson. Always enjoyed listening to him, and probably will for many years to come.

Your turn!

1 hour ago, Coolrock said:

Top 5 favorite hip-hop artists?

Hard to say if you've listened to 100's... I'm narrowing down to American artists all time (because I think that's what you're asking):

Eminem, 2pac, Kid Cudi, Kanye West and 50 cent.

Please don't whoopdiscoop me.

The music that I love the most is music that I create by myself)) But seriously, my preferences in music which I am listening through radio are changing from time to time. For now, it is break-beat like what Seanicus did, something bright and technic like Hideki Naganuma, something rocky like Jun Senoue, and of course it is Frank Klepacki with his very catchy funk melodies and speech (Frank is a good soloist, you know).

11 hours ago, Inferno said:

Hard to say if you've listened to 100's... I'm narrowing down to American artists all time (because I think that's what you're asking):

Eminem, 2pac, Kid Cudi, Kanye West and 50 cent.

Please don't whoopdiscoop me.

I actually have listened to some EU guys also. My favorite would have to be Dave - Hangman. I enjoy everyone you listed also. You can feel free to name anyone. I always enjoy finding new music I haven’t heard before :)

2 hours ago, Coolrock said:

I actually have listened to some EU guys also. You favorite would have to be Dave - Hangman. I enjoy everyone you listed also. You can feel free to name anyone. I always enjoy finding new music I haven’t heard before :)

Worthy of mentioning (in no particular order): Stromae, A$AP Rocky and Ferg, Mobb Deep, Maître GIMS, Dr. Dre, Eazy E, Biggie Smalls, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj's old shit was actually decent (before she got famous), Trick Trick, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, The Game, Future, Kendrick Lamar, T.I., Iggy Azalea, Lil Wayne, French Montana, Juicy J, I actually like some of Lil Xan's shit (don't crucify me), Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dogg, Fat Joe, Run DMC, Gucci Mane, Drake, Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Pimp C, Immortal Technique, Migos, Wacka Flocka Flame, Tyga, The Weeknd, Pharell Williams, and some other artists I definitely should have included. 

If you want Dutch artists too, I guess I could give some names for that as well.

8 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Did somebody say.... country??

COUNTRY ROAADDDDDDSSSSSS

TAKE MEE HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TO THE PLAAAACEEEEE

I BELONNNGGGGGGGG

WEST VIRGINIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MOUNTAIN MAMAAAAAAAAAA

TAKE MEE HOMEEEEEEEE

COUNTRY ROOAAAAADDSSSSS

2 hours ago, Inferno said:

Worthy of mentioning (in no particular order): Stromae, A$AP Rocky and Ferg, Mobb Deep, Maître GIMS, Dr. Dre, Eazy E, Biggie Smalls, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj's old shit was actually decent (before she got famous), Trick Trick, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, The Game, Future, Kendrick Lamar, T.I., Iggy Azalea, Lil Wayne, French Montana, Juicy J, I actually like some of Lil Xan's shit (don't crucify me), Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dogg, Fat Joe, Run DMC, Gucci Mane, Drake, Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Pimp C, Immortal Technique, Migos, Wacka Flocka Flame, Tyga, The Weeknd, Pharell Williams, and some other artists I definitely should have included. 

If you want Dutch artists too, I guess I could give some names for that as well.

No Scrappy, Lil Jon, $uicideboy$, Akon, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Cam’ron, Three-Six Mafia, DMX, E-40, Ice Cube, Lil Yachty, Ludacris, or Plies?!

I’m sure we could do this for a while, haha. I really do enjoy just about everyone you named. One of my favorite genres for sure. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

ITS A FIDDLE KINDA NIGHT

Spoiler

AND BANJO TOO

I really don't get how people can like any hip hop post 2005. It became souless trash just like the majority of contempary country music.

LEAN BACK, LEAN BACK. - Fat Joe

Actually, most of the hip-hop and rap I listen to is from the mid-2000 era. I only dip into a few new artist to stay current, but I do agree that it’s not the same as it used to be. I do enjoy some of the newer beats, but there are also times when lyrics don’t match up with it, and drive me crazy.

Lil Jon - Alive

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...