New and Familiar Faces on the Staff!

FRAYDO

3 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

We need to throw a welcome party event ingame sometime soon! :)

Throw em into bluehell as a welcoming gift! 

All the new faces need to know this... experience.

4 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Lastly (...) Nexiuz (...) and graphics programming!

Grammar error spotted, cannot write the words "lastly" and "graphics programming" in the same sentence.

Anyhow, welcome guys!

8 hours ago, Dghelneshi said:

Whoever fixed that is a hero.

Now, if someone can fix stair lag and warping then we need to erect a statue or something...

Stair lag? I've never heard of an issue with stairs and I worked with them plenty.

Rubber banding though? Oh yeah, that is a true problem. Fortunately it doesn't happen constantly.

2 minutes ago, Raap said:

Stair lag? I've never heard of an issue with stairs and I worked with them plenty.

Rubber banding though? Oh yeah, that is a true problem. Fortunately it doesn't happen constantly.

"Stair lag" is just a term I made up for the warping that happens regularly when you try to go up stairs, even on 0 ping. It's not an issue specific to stairs, it's just so incredibly frustrating to try and run up the WF or Refinery stairs for emergency repair and then end up at the bottom again after half a second.

22 hours ago, Dghelneshi said:

"Stair lag" is just a term I made up for the warping that happens regularly when you try to go up stairs, even on 0 ping. It's not an issue specific to stairs, it's just so incredibly frustrating to try and run up the War Factory or Refinery stairs for emergency repair and then end up at the bottom again after half a second.

That only happens to me very occasionally and due to simple server stress. Rubber banding in any form is entirely ping related and mine to the APB EU server is never above 30. It can also happen in locations with weird collision detection though, for example the APB construction yard interior has since the elevator change been consistently weird about collisions.

I also hope this can be improved at some point, especially for infantry, since infantry make quick and sporadic movement more frequently compared to vehicles, with the exception of the Allied Ranger - and we all know how that one handles, just take a look at Ridge Racer during a 10+ people match.

But I do not believe there will be a perfect fix for this. So really, each W3D project has to unfortunately deal with providing one server per active region (which will likely always just be NA and EU). Any monetized game does this, we just have the significant drawback of having to pay those server costs out of our own pockets (or rather, the people who do pay for it, which currently does not include me).

Edited by Raap