Adding a larger GIF Profile Picture

Threve

Good Evening everyone. I am attempting to upload a GIF Profile picture using GIFY. The website that allows you to turn a video into a GIF for a profile picture. The only problem is the server only allows GIF images lower than 0.94296847 something MB. Is it possible to increase the limit or would this lead to problems for you guys. Idk how much GIF images typically are. However my image is a little larger I would guess in size because I converted from FRAPS to AVI to GIF. If there is a website that makes smaller GIFs and it is a problem from this website then I would gladly use a suggested site as well. Thank you.

Let me doublecheck the settings, because 0.94296847 sounds like a crazy number.

Edit: You should have a 2MB allowance for your profile pic. Gifs are naturally rather large, so you might want to use a piece of software like ScreenToGif in order to compress them.

I can agree I tried getting this gif that currently using and it took thousand times to find one gif on google that was less or at 2MG or what ever that crazy number is and I was basicly hunting down for this gif that im using that was a smaller one and thats when I found this one but yeah its kind of crazy but I could not agree more with you both OWA and Threve ,gifs are rather large but the does not mean we cant have a 2MG gif but we should be able to some how decrease this number and in order to do that I think we should consider using that gif compressing software or just create your own and then compress them but yeah its a crazy number 0.94296847... yeah pretty big but maybe small...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Who knows I totally work at AT&T I should know  this oh wait they fired me because I tried to get data out of some ones at&t cable to get free tv... $&%@.                        well on that note never do what I did I really hope you dont do it but really please dont do it ,and make gifs smaller again please I want meme gifs to be smaller and I might consider getting this software gif compressor but in the meantime have a nice day and note that true C&C fans are always great and again have a nice day

Edited by thedisclaimitory
words looked worng to me

On 9/19/2018 at 9:39 PM, thedisclaimitory said:

well on that note never do what I did I really hope you dont do it but really please dont do it

but in the meantime have a nice day and note that true C&C fans are always great and again have a nice day

If you're considering harming yourself or others please message me or someone so we can help.

2 hours ago, Coolrock said:

You're the only reason I'm checking the forums every day. Please keep making these fantastic posts

God Tier Post ^

On 9/19/2018 at 2:54 PM, ChopBam said:

The limit exists with good reason

Fair Enough. I'll make do. Ty

Edited by Threve

1 hour ago, Threve said:

If you're considering harming yourself or others please message me or someone so we can help.

um actuely I was joking in the last part of my post but if your taking this as if I am actuely dooing this then  thats fine ,and idk how you dint see that I was joking but thats fine I geuss???...

11 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

@Threve I recommend alphaing out the background of the pink tractor, your magic trick is busted on any other theme that is not APB :p

F

i’d love to. Only problem is when i alpha it out, it turns black in an attempt to fix the empty space.

16 minutes ago, danpaul88 said:

Make sure to save it as PNG because jpg doesn't support alpha channels

It already was, and it had an alpha channel to boot. Not sure what software you used Theve, but GIMP made this easy.

threve.png.37b71fba6d624f6b2f478ba9c5ac65a7.png

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

It already was, and it had an alpha channel to boot. Not sure what software you used Theve, but GIMP made this easy.

threve.png.37b71fba6d624f6b2f478ba9c5ac65a7.png

Thank you Based God.

(Edit) As you can see it just turns it white. I believe the website is trying to comp for the invisible part (The Alpha)

Edited by Threve

1 hour ago, Threve said:

Thank you Based God.

(Edit) As you can see it just turns it white. I believe the website is trying to comp for the invisible part (The Alpha)

It's indeed a website issue. Clicking "view image" shows the favicon to be correct, but the alpha channel is overwritten due to the forum software.