[GAME OVER] MARVEL- NETFLIX BASICS MAFIA

Killing_You

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

That's my bad, I'm super tired and just used to the "magic 10 number" of mafia signups. That only changes the odds though, not the logic.

The odds are more a important detail when the game has potential to end on Night 3.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

That's my bad, I'm super tired and just used to the "magic 10 number" of mafia signups. That only changes the odds though, not the logic.

It changes the whole perspective on no lynch.  Without no lynch, we were two days away from 50/50.  With no lynch we were 3 days.  That's vital in a game this small, and honestly was one of the major tipping points for my decision to support no lynch.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

It changes the whole perspective on no lynch.  Without no lynch, we were two days away from 50/50.  With no lynch we were 3 days.  That's vital in a game this small, and honestly was one of the major tipping points for my decision to support no lynch.

If our time is so vital why were you in favor of an early no lynch?

Because no lynch gives us more time for a cop role to work.

Not just a cop role, but for any Town ability to work.

Of course, it kinda backfires when Scum actually manage to hit one of the power roles that helps make it a viable strategy in the first place...

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

And like, no lynch wasn't even my idea originally, someone else proposed it.  I think I'm being unfairly characterized by supporting it when it wasn't even my idea.

I'm not accusing you of being the first to support a nolynch. Just supporting an early no lynch. The early part is the key difference there.

Because no lynch gives us more time for a cop role to work.

A nolynch itself can do that, but not an early nolynch. I can't think of a single benefit to a D1 early nolynch.

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm not accusing you of being the first to support a nolynch. Just supporting an early no lynch. The early part is the key difference there.

A nolynch itself can do that, but not an early nolynch. I can't think of a single benefit to a D1 early nolynch.

I do see the page you’re referring to, but I’m at work for the next hour so can’t make a good comment on it. I’ll say however that I do agree with you, but I’m on the fence still about whether it would be wise to pursue the matter today.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Then do you plan on revealing who you are since your role is already out there?

Tell you what. Put it to a vote. I’ll check it when I get home. In the meantime, you should make your case as to why I should reveal my character.

I'll preface this by saying I don't think EVERYONE should reveal.  I think we might need to be a bit tight currently.  That said, given what Jeod has revealed already, I don't think there's too much harm in *him personally* revealing who he is.

You are making this far more difficult than it needs to be and it just seems like you're stalling. This should be a basics game so flavor shouldn't be very important, which is one of the reasons I gave such an obvious hint towards my character, yet you believe otherwise. I already told you why I wanted to know. There are only 3 characters that I could see as a drunk, 2 Town, 1 Scum. By asking you for minor details, I wanted to see if I could derive who your character might be without you being able to spend time to find a cover. But, unfortunately, you were very defensive on what shouldn't be important information for a Town player to reveal.

I already know who your character should be from Jessica Jones but I'm not sure if I care about your answer at this point because of your defensiveness and how long it took you to respond seems fairly sketchy.

40 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

You are making this far more difficult than it needs to be and it just seems like you're stalling. This should be a basics game so flavor shouldn't be very important, which is one of the reasons I gave such an obvious hint towards my character, yet you believe otherwise. I already told you why I wanted to know. There are only 3 characters that I could see as a drunk, 2 Town, 1 Scum. By asking you for minor details, I wanted to see if I could derive who your character might be without you being able to spend time to find a cover. But, unfortunately, you were very defensive on what shouldn't be important information for a Town player to reveal.

I already know who your character should be from Jessica Jones but I'm not sure if I care about your answer at this point because of your defensiveness and how long it took you to respond seems fairly sketchy.

That's your reason? If I were scum I'd have spent the entire first day thinking about my cover--and, especially after I came right out the gate with my claim, would definitely have been more confident about revealing it. My response to your initial question of if my character was asian or blind would have been a simple yes/no. I haven't spent time researching anything about my character or any others.

The only importance flavor really plays in this game is for counterclaims, since no player can be the same character. I even asked about that. But hey, if it's that important that it gets out there, I'm willing to tell, but on the condition that the majority want it out there.

Now, let's get back to your side of things.

4 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Hence why I italicized the "know." According to what we know you can't both can't be Scum provided what we know is the truth. But I don't think it's likely that both of you are Scum, since there's all sorts of abilities you'd have to be certain didn't target you, Orange, or your potential target during the night when you lead with the first post (like ability cop, tracker, or watcher), but it is more likely that you're Scum than Orange being so since RB is a very common Scum role and you come out ahead by "clearing" Orange from being a suspect. I'm mainly trying to determine if you're trustworthy enough because you've been so forthright.

Is your character male or female, Jeod?

Excuse me, "all sorts of abilities", in a basics game? While it's true that RB is more commonly found on scum than town, what makes you think we have more rare roles like ability cop? Additionally, why would that have any bearing on my decision to come out and say Orange can't be the killer?

I've been so forthright because I, like Orange, consider the odds in a smaller game. Time is of the essence: the sooner positive information comes out, the less opportunity scum have to spin it. For example, there's no fear of MYLO today, whereas if I'd revealed tomorrow that Orange couldn't have killed, scum would probably be going "baw you're just trying to keep your partner off the lynch table on mylo, baw".

Family calls tonight, so I'll be off until the morning, but Irish everything you've said so far looks like scum trying to figure out a plan to get around the "strong townread" who has you in his top three for the day. Heck, it'd be super neat if I had both scum in my list, but that's not my focus right now.

I'm Malcom Ducasse, and I think I have my decision.

##vote TheIrishMan

We'll see what the next 9 hours bring. Goodnight.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Family calls tonight, so I'll be off until the morning, but Irish everything you've said so far looks like scum trying to figure out a plan to get around the "strong townread" who has you in his top three for the day. Heck, it'd be super neat if I had both scum in my list, but that's not my focus right now.

I'm Malcom Ducasse, and I think I have my decision.

##vote TheIrishMan

We'll see what the next 9 hours bring. Goodnight.

Ummm..... I'm Malcom Ducasse....

Saying what you'd do as Scum doesn't assure me (nor does it seem to assure anyone because I've used this defense as both Town and Scum with adverse effects). You seemed to have a fairly lazy or nonchalant approach to this game so even if you were Scum, there's a chance you wouldn't have done much research. A chance is better than nothing.

>.> Again, our last Back to Basics had some unusual abilities so it's hard for me to narrow down the list of abilities too much.

Because under the assumption that you're both Scum, if those abilities existed then if anyone of them targeted the correct target, you'd both be immediately found out. If there was a tracker that tracked you while you did the kill, it'd be game over for you two. If the tracker targeted Orange but he still ended up doing anything, it'd be over. If there was a watcher on Cat5 that saw you or Orange, you'd both be done. If there was an ability cop that saw you use a different ability or Orange using an ability at all, you'd both be done. So if you didn't actually RB Orange, but still decided to come out and say that you did, you run the risk of both of you being caught. Therefore it's not very likely that you're both scum.

And you're Malcom Ducasse?

giphy.gif

Looks like there's a counterclaim, something you were trying to avoid Jeod :b

##vote Jeod

There were actually 3 potential Townies you could've been with only 1 potential scum, but the only true drunk in this game could be Zhou Cheng, a master of the Drunken Fist.

The other possibilities were Jessica Jones, Malcom Ducasse, and Stick.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

##unvote

16 minutes ago, Jeod said:

##vote TheIrishMan

Votes counted.

CVC:
Jeod voted TheIrishMan
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody