Big Update Coming Soon!

Coolrock

what is this apb echo I keep hearing oh wait its just Tanya in the back still playing fortnite dooing nothing reason I say this is because theres a modified default character that looks almost like Tanya from ra1 and I bought simply because I was amused that it looked like Tanya from ra1 but still what is THIS ANNOUCMENT wait its Romanov saying he has a special announcement to make but it appears were unhappy as we dont have one

5 hours ago, des1206 said:

Can we get an ETA in terms of "soon" so I don't have to check the APB forum multiple times a day?

That’s part of the hype, no? Should be obvious that this is for APB. Soon being very soon! Anyone mildly interested in Red Alert will be pretty excited for this ;)

Until then, keep refreshing! :f5:

On 10/4/2018 at 8:33 PM, Coolrock said:

That's something that isn't possible :ohdear:

Something?

ISNT POSSIBLE?

HERESY!!!!!!

Anything is possible with Renegade. If Dblaney and Kaskins can make giant bois in IA, then we can make cruisers in APB to please Einstein and put this meme to rest.

In all seriousness, it probably isnt possible currently..... I know deep down it'll happen..... I know..... One day....

33 minutes ago, MPRA2 said:

Something?

ISNT POSSIBLE?

HERESY!!!!!!

Anything is possible with Renegade. If Dblaney and Kaskins can make giant bois in IA, then we can make cruisers in APB to please Einstein and put this meme to rest.

In all seriousness, it probably isnt possible currently..... I know deep down it'll happen..... I know..... One day....

Best we can do is to make it a cinematic to add to Seamist. And even then we don't have anyone that can model the cruiser. Until then, we won't have the cruiser ingame, let alone playable (especially considering that it doesn't fill any role that the destroyer doesn't already fill).

5 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Best we can do is to make it a cinematic to add to Seamist. And even then we don't have anyone that can model the cruiser. Until then, we won't have the cruiser ingame, let alone playable (especially considering that it doesn't fill any role that the destroyer doesn't already fill).

The sad truth. This is also an issue with adding the MiG into the game. The Allies get nothing in return, and ruins balance heavily. Hopefully we get a modeler back in December and can push to get something going. I promise the update is still going to be good! :ohdear:

2 hours ago, Coolrock said:

The sad truth. This is also an issue with adding the MiG into the game. The Allies get nothing in return, and ruins balance heavily. Hopefully we get a modeler back in December and can push to get something going. I promise the update is still going to be good! :ohdear:

this is why allies need a jet or somthing because we had an allied grenadier for like 5 updates I believe but we need new units to balance out the game like an allied air feild with jets or p51's or somthing it does not make sence that the soviets get yaks migs and mi24 hinds and all the allies get are apache's and chinooks for air units; BUT DISCRIMITOWWY IT IS DERE FOR A REASON. I dont care if it is there for a reason back then they dint have much balance changes but today we have tones of balance changes in games like this one including the bigger titles so why cant this game have just a little bit of change like Renagade did to c&c this game changed command and counquer by a little bit by making an fps game and if you think about it ,it was developed for years and came out finally in 2004 I think I forgot when renagade came out; but still it does not mean we cant have new units to balance out with other units apaches dont work against migs apaches are to slow and you would be forced to heavily nerf the mig  just to have balance and migs are supposed to be a ground striker and the yak is a multirole fighter in this case because its fast it can deal with air targets and ground targets now this would change if the mig had lets say idk 30 mil cannons on it but it might not change the role because if it does the job of a ground striker then I might consider it as one but this might change okay for a balance example lets say idk all the maps have fully maxed out levels and we have all the watter units everything in this mix we have migs cruisers mammoth tanks chrono tanks yaks and all the other crap now we face these units up to see what balance there is in order to have a chance at balance or in other words a 1v1 first of all the heavy cruiser cant really defend against a mig or a yak it needs some sort of aa system and the soviets can barley defend against chrono tanks because it can go almost any were and if you have a crap tone of them or a rush full your basicly screwed at that point next we have apaches vs migs or yaks maybe both ok so the apache losses because one its slow two its easy to kill 3 it also depends on the skill level and 4 it needs more maneuverability in order to deal with such threats; now its a good thing the chrono tank has weak armor because then it would be considered op just by itself but I was only gonna compare the new units to old or other units. Now I would like to see either allied jets or an allied ww2 fighter plane or somthing like that or some other jet like the me262 it was shown in the briefing room in ra1 as a picture on the wall anyway what I'm trying to get at is we can make a more balance if we make a new unit to counter another unit such as a multirole fighter somthing thats actuely decent enough to deal with threats such as ground or air units 

10 hours ago, Coolrock said:

The Allies get nothing in return, and ruins balance heavily. 

You can have asymmetric unit count yet still have balance. Just make the Mig do 1/2 the damage of a full Longbow salvo, and make the missile speed slow and not homing so it will miss fast Allied units.

14 hours ago, Coolrock said:

So basically you're saying we are gonna have the MiG and the cruiser? 💀

56 minutes ago, GaryOak said:

That would be so much work though. Pushwall doesn't have much help with APB stuff, much less the funds to hire MiG pilots and Cruiser captains.

I do it for free tho :toot:

1 hour ago, GaryOak said:

They're somewhere on the plan. But not now (and while the MiG will likely be playable, the Cruiser is unlikely to be so). The things that are coming, however, are still really interesting!

3 hours ago, GaryOak said:

The MiG might be added soon. Cruiser is a whole other story. Pushy is so busy with mapping right now, so there's no telling when he can get around to other things :ohdear:

• 2 weeks later...