[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I've been having problems connecting to w3dhub so I might be unable to play. Internet at parents house (where I live over the weekend) seems to not want to play nice with the site.

Try using a VPN and see if it clears up.  Opera has one built in for free.

Well you have until the 15th for the game to start, hopefully things work by then. If there's a problem with you connecting to this site specifically, first I'd clear your cache. If that doesn't help, you could use a proxy or a vpn like Orange said. Although you said on the weekends only, so you might be able to play on your phone (if you have a smartphone) during the weekends. If you're not using wi-fi, it'll run off a cellular network so it shouldn't be affected. Depending on your phone, you can also turn it into a hotspot and then just connect to its wi-fi on your computer or laptop. We'd love to have you with us and it'd be a shame for you to miss out, so let me know if you're able to get it going or what you decide in the end.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If the hesistance is due to a lack of character ideas, the rest of us could submit to Irish our spare ideas, and then let him come up with the roles for them, like some kind of grab bag hat.

Nah Liten’s just a Discord troll and FRAYDO’s probably got midterms or something. I’m sure character ideas is the least of their reasons.

3 minutes ago, Liten said:

I work rotational three-shift, which means I am either asleep when I get home (Afternoon/Night Shift) or dead fucking tired with no will to live (Morning Shift). Inbetween sleeping and work I don't have the time to meticulously break down 75-page essays from autists with seven hundred mafia games under their belt, who are trying to talk in circles about how they are not scum and how everyone is retarded except for them.

Come back when you are actually doing something that's fun.

:golfclap:

3 hours ago, Liten said:

I work rotational three-shift, which means I am either asleep when I get home (Afternoon/Night Shift) or dead fucking tired with no will to live (Morning Shift). Inbetween sleeping and work I don't have the time to meticulously break down 75-page essays from autists with seven hundred mafia games under their belt, who are trying to talk in circles about how they are not scum and how everyone is retarded except for them.

Come back when you are actually doing something that's fun.

I totally agree and this is why I like and also try to host forum games that have a bit more to it than what you said. This year we had some good combat games with rpg elements for example like star wars and pokemon.

We'd appreciate if you have any suggestions for games you would like to try, and yea the participation part is tricky but can be adjusted by longer game phases (or none at all, having a join-play-leave system which I thought of for bigger coop rpgs).

5 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Btw, Vert, you've yet to ever join one of my games, you think you're willing to give it a go this time round?

As I said I hate cyor but like supernatural so I am willing to join if you are in the need of players. I wanted to prepare for my game but atm I have too much work. I can play with a bit less activity.

7 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Then it's a good thing some of us aren't listening to you.

It’s a question, not a demand. I’m not going to spend time writing 75-page essays if they won’t be read in time is all.

4 hours ago, Liten said:

Video games, we should absolutely play more video games.

Problem with that is that we don't always have everyone online at the same time and not everyone owns/wants/can play a said game.

With a forum game we eliminate all these problems since everyone can play whenever they can and there's no need to pay/install/learn. I do encourage players to play/host games that are more like video games from time to time. I myself like host games based on other games.

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Are you going to trick them all into playing map painting simulator?

We had a discussion about hosting a territory/strategical political game so we may as well have "map painting simulator" here sometime.

You know, I was kinda spacing out, so I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but now it clicked.  Oddly, doing something like a map game has been on my "want/to do" list for some time, so I'd be on board.  I have no idea what site I played it on, pretty sure it wasn't a C&C site, but I do remember playing a map game where it was basically the Africa Campaign of Tiberium Dawn.  That was my inspiration but unfortunately it was a long time ago, and the rules were very fast and loose, so I didn't have much to base the idea on.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Diplomacy would be a good game to start with. Involves alliances, backtabbing, etc.

There are sites online where you can play diplomacy, some variants in real time where troop movements take hours and such.

52 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

There are sites online where you can play diplomacy, some variants in real time where troop movements take hours and such.

Yea we want something scaled down a bit so it's not a saga or never-ending chess on a map browser game.

55 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Diplomacy would be a good game to start with. Involves alliances, backtabbing, etc.

Yep pretty much this, along with possibility to wage local war or global war whether political, influential or by force.