[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

@OrangeP47, since you've basically reached your victory condition already, do you mind actually sharing with us what it is?

You already know it. Experiment on 3 unique people.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

So basically if Nodlied is lynchable, we can use our lynch on him today and save KY's shot for somebody who's hard to lynch. I agree with whoever it was that first suggested this.

It was me, for the record.

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

That would only happen if Orange has a reason to jail you tonight in order to keep you alive so you could use your ability, which as he himself admitted, he needs to target a different player tonight to trigger his victory condition.

He wasn't jailing you tonight to actually help you.

Well, here's the thing...

10 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd like him to confirm what I did, for one, but I also want to know if he plans on using that ability today.  I'd like to be free to do other things than just protect him all the time.

10 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I might vote him, closer to hammer. The thing is, like I said, I want KY's shot used too, to free me up, but I don't think Nodlied warrants it.  He seems to be lynchable normally.

My takeaway is that Orange wants to keep jailing me out of obligation to keep me safe. He pretty much stated it outright.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I wonder why your kill is listed as "unstoppable" if it's not meant as a counter for scum defenses..?

Not sure, if I'm being honest. But it's not enough for me to declare that one of the BPs is absolutely scum, only enough for me to kind of suspect them.

I'm a little mixed on Nodlied. The only thing I have noted on him is how he played up being "protected" N1 when we clearly had no idea why a NK didn't occur. Kinda felt like he might have been trying to subtly push the idea that he was protected from being killed when in actuality he was prevented from doing a kill.

But, otherwise, I think his role sounds plausible. I also find OrangeP47's claimed role plausible. It sounds similar the Zero role I had last year, where I was a Neutral Jailer who had extra objectives that were not specifically hostile to others, so there is some GM meta to support it. But I also think OrangeP47 could be responsible for Jeod's death.

I don't think both are true. If I had to pick one to be a lie, I think it would be Nodlied's.

I'm not going to tell you to shoot or not shoot. I don't think that's my decision to make. There's too many risks involved.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I know a lot of you guys are hung up on the "for now" bit of Jeod's death flavor, but how about how we apparently saw him die "before our eyes"? Was that really a NK? Was it maybe a delayed kill, or even a planned hidden day action?

Interesting. Well we've already discussed if it wasn't a special janitor role that killed Jeod it could have been the curse (and maybe some other combination of other actions) backfiring on him. At this moment all possible theories are on the table, even the one that he comes back as Undead Mummy (For One) with a pinch of salt, hehehehehe.

We should focus on the most probable though as it's pointless going circles.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Who do you see currently as the culprit?

OrangeP47. He's the only one we know of that, be it unwillingly, handed a passive(?) over to Jeod. He, like me, is also claiming non-town while also telling us that his curse isn't a bad thing.

The very fact that Jeod died in a mysterious way at the start of the day and the fact that there's a line telling us that Jeod's dead for now just gnaws on me. Curse of the mummy anyone?

@OrangeP47 if you could give it a percentage, how sure are you that Nodlied is scum?

@Nodlied same question but about Orange.

Asking for later, cause we can't question you after you're lynched.

The way I'm reading Jeod's demise as happening before our eyes is flavor text for a nightkill (or whatever mechanic there is this game in replacement of nightkills). It's the simplest explanation.

If Nodlied was claiming to be town, I might be having a harder time with this, but neutrals are a safer lynch, in the worst case scenario that he's telling the truth. Also, if Orange was scum, I doubt he'd commit to 80 or 90% sureness that Nodlied is scum if he knew that he wasn't, and that it'd come back to bite Orange later.

##vote Nodlied