w3dhub launcher for Apex

shaitan

@danpaul88

Ok so I installed the ia client pointed renlist at it and joind mpf the map downloaded but I was blocked by the anticheat so I removed all the crap from the data folder and rejoined with no problem I also was able to join rdx and rencorner. As well as I ran mixcheck which is in the client and it game me not only all the maps but always.dat.

So basically you guys are giving out a free version of renegade.

I would suggest that they make a stand alone full conversion mod to add to the launcher same as everyone else has to.

Note I have no connections to rencorner and certainly not mpf, and I don't agree that this would (at this point) cost imperial and dblaney any players if it was removed from the launcher, I simply just don't agree with giving out ren for free.

Make them do the work.

I had been friends with zunnie way longer than most, so yes I believe I have that right. Considering he's the one who trained me and I trained the majority of the renegade moderators over the years with his ideals. Not to mention the personal aspect of things.

I know he was screwed over here, we talked about that before. When I brought him up it was when I asked you if this is what you did to him as well.

I was not hostile until you guys kept at it with the non-caring.

16 minutes ago, roszek said:

@danpaul88

Ok so I installed the ia client pointed renlist at it and joind mpf the map downloaded but I was blocked by the anticheat so I removed all the crap from the data folder and rejoined with no problem I also was able to join rdx and rencorner. As well as I ran mixcheck which is in the client and it game me not only all the maps but always.dat.

So basically you guys are giving out a free version of renegade.

I would suggest that they make a stand alone full conversion mod to add to the launcher same as everyone else has to.

Note I have no connections to rencorner and certainly not mpf, and I don't agree that this would (at this point) cost imperial and dblaney any players if it was removed from the launcher, I simply just don't agree with giving out ren for free.

Make them do the work.

That is not what I was lead to believe so I will certainly be chasing this up. Thanks for the information (for what it's worth, I don't think I've even launched a single W3D based game, Renegade or otherwise, for a good few years now!)

With regard to mixcheck, I'm not sure we can do much about that since its basically designed to download all the data for any 'Renegade' client and would probably also download stuff if you ran it on APB, TSR, etc since, as far as I know, it just assumes any "incorrect" file is corrupted and needs fixing, so I don't believe there is any way to stop mixcheck just downloading a full copy of Renegade from whomever hosts that.

4 minutes ago, KevinLancaster said:

Is this the reason for the IA server's removal from the listing at CnCNet?

CnCNet pulls it's listing from GSA, so the folks who currently run the GSA server listings that certain services use (RenList, CnCNet etc.) have removed it.

We didn't ask them to, so it's out of our hands really.

36 minutes ago, dblaney1 said:

The patch pushed out today prevents the IA client from joining regular renegade servers btw. Even ones that host their maps on ttfs.

Well I see what you did and nice try,  if you delete the stuff in the data folder that does not belong it is still just a renegade client and I can still join renegade servers with it.

17 minutes ago, roszek said:

Well I see what you did and nice try,  if you delete the stuff in the data folder that does not belong it is still just a renegade client and I can still join renegade servers with it.

I assure you that it won't work. It will crash on join. you can delete whatever you want. It won't work. 

Just now, dblaney1 said:

I assure you that it won't work. It will crash on join.

I just tried this with a fresh install. I was able to connect to MPF's server but received an internal error crash soon after loading (C&C_Suspense_E06), and I was able to connect to Zunnie's Sniper Elite (C&C_Beach) with some texture issues. It seems like servers with a ttfs repository still allow connections. I'm not sure how everything works on the backend, but hopefully this helps a bit.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/WelcomeGloriousIrishredandwhitesetter.webm

“Competition” as they said. They only seem to care about money, and not what the players enjoy playing.
you’d rather take something away from the players rather than help grow the Ren community

situation is clear:
-very bugged unbalanced MPF
with OP Nod and where admins dont care about anything because they think they have players and " its fine as it is" + they insolently stole new version of this mod made by Yap and dblaney and they are hosting it even now-of course they completely ruined it+ they have uncountable exotic bugs which they NEVER cant fix because they dont know how-pretty pathetic xD
and
-rencorner
where players are completely bored after ~1h
put together their forces and decided to destroy the only 1 interesting server because its simply much better than mpf+rencorner together

Beats me, I don't know how to check for that and RenList doesn't give any info on it. RenCorner AOW threw a Resource Manager Error saying the map couldn't be found (C&C Field). That last error could be because I removed a critical file from Data though. I deleted things almost indiscriminately.

Got into Rencorner AOW successfully with a clean install of IA, after only deleting the loose .w3d files in the Data folder.

Edit: internal error shortly after, but it's still not something we can leave as is.

47 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Beats me, I don't know how to check for that and RenList doesn't give any info on it. RenCorner AOW threw a Resource Manager Error saying the map couldn't be found (C&C Field). That last error could be because I removed a critical file from Data though. I deleted things almost indiscriminately.

We don't have the stock maps put into the resource manager, that way newbies(and those who come back years later needing help) are able to join. So, that might be why. That's one player/mod/admin debate over the years we can't budge on: getting rid of stock maps.

Edited by shaitan

3 minutes ago, Riots1337 said:

list all the servers on both platforms and everyone would be happy right? seems to be the most reasonable solution.

of course its the most reasonable solution (for players) but current owners dont want competition, they use everything they got to destroy potential competitor as soon as possible because nobody really cares about players (also nobody cares about customers in real world btw.)

47 minutes ago, roszek said:

I can still join servers but it did crash on mpf when they were running an ik map. Aside from that I have no issues joining. 😕

Pushed out one more update. Stock servers shouldn't work at all now. 

17 minutes ago, TemporaryName said:

of course its the most reasonable solution (for players) but current owners dont want competition, they use everything they got to destroy potential competitor as soon as possible because nobody really cares about players (also nobody cares about customers in real world btw.)

Please look back at some previous posts and read carefully. W3D Hub is not out to destroy anyone or anything. Our original "mission" here was simply to be a place for all the mod projects that wanted a part in it. Now, this has morphed somewhat, and as danpaul mentioned earlier, we eventually plan to support renegade and list all the servers which wish to be listed on our launcher along with that. Something which we are not in any way obligated to do, but have chosen to do anyway for the good of all W3D communities and projects. No strings attached.

EDIT: Clarification: It appeared to me as if you were referring to all parties in this statement. I see now that this might not be the case. Ignore if I misunderstood.

Random sidenote. I had no idea that mixchecker.exe was a thing. I just created a legit Renegade client by installing Scripts 4.6 onto the Renegade multiplayer demo and running mixchecker; then I went and had a couple of games in the RenCorner server. Crazy.

I feel your pain, shai, because I love APB when it gets full which is a rare sight nowadays, and I don't remember to check the launcher every time I hop on my pc to see if there's a decent sized game going. But charging in with guns blazing isn't going to help anyone. Riots1337 put it eloquently, most players won't care how professional or business-like a server owner is, they'll go where the big matches are and as long as server owners are reasonably polite in dealing with matters, nothing else is important to them.

Maybe some here think you "look bad" because of your behavior early on in this thread, and maybe you think you're right to be concerned about something you have no control over whisking players away from your server. But strip away all superstitions and you're left with the one simple logical fact: competition isn't going to help an old game like C&C Renegade or even its mods survive. You mentioned server donations etc--what good are those if you're splitting up the community by having several different options but a small playerbase? That's partly why W3DHub only has one official server for our games and not a US Server and EU Server. Costs is one thing, yes, but we don't get full servers every day like a decade ago--so why would we split up our players that way?

If you truly care about C&C Renegade's survival, you'll be more approachable and willing to brainstorm ideas rather than threaten the "bad guys". Will you work with us and/or let us work with you?

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Please look back at some previous posts and read carefully. W3D Hub is not out to destroy anyone or anything. Our original "mission" here was simply to be a place for all the mod projects that wanted a part in it. Now, this has morphed somewhat, and as danpaul mentioned earlier, we eventually plan to support renegade and list all the servers which wish to be listed on our launcher along with that. Something which we are not in any way obligated to do, but have chosen to do anyway for the good of all W3D communities. No strings attached.

I was talking about people who removed IA server from renlist because they cant stand competition. they just want status quo.
someone once said they care about players, now i see clearly that it was a perfidious lie

2 minutes ago, TemporaryName said:

I was talking about people who removed IA server from renlist because they cant stand competition. they just want status quo.
someone once said they care about players, now i see clearly that it was a perfidious lie

Lol refresh to see my edit :v

Einstein: TemporaryName  is referring to me.

*edit* Sorry, didn't post that yet, been flipping all over talking and other things at home + did not want to post the reply to Jeod, I've re-written it 5 times(idk how it would've been taken) That was from the heated times in here lastnight if you recall. I asked it to be undone when I got home at 5pm Eastern US. People aren't around or replied yet. I had that all typed out, but did not want to inflame things after db posted the "patch" thing.

**editedit**  I think that part was undone 20 minutes ago.

Edited by shaitan

49 minutes ago, shaitan said:

Einstein: TemporaryName  is referring to me.

*edit* Sorry, didn't post that yet, been flipping all over talking and other things at home + did not want to post the reply to Jeod, I've re-written it 5 times(idk how it would've been taken) That was from the heated times in here lastnight if you recall. I asked it to be undone when I got home at 5pm Eastern US. People aren't around or replied yet. I had that all typed out, but did not want to inflame things after db posted the "patch" thing.

**editedit**  I think that part was undone 20 minutes ago.

Heated ? You came in here last night with a decision already made with MPF, to pull the server listing if we didn’t comply with what you wanted. No matter what was said the server listing was going to be taken off. It was a strong arm tactic... so I can fully understand why the players are pissed. They are the ones that got screwed by this.