C&C remasters (kind of) announced.

NoSoldier

I'd actually love if they could remaster the Tiberian Dawn cinematics in a way to be on par with C&C3. This would require bringing back several prominent actors though, especially Joe Kucan, so it probably won't happen.

For those who are unable to open it or want to read here ——————

“Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

My name is Jim Vessella, and I’m a Producer at Electronic Arts. Ten years ago I had the pleasure of being on the production team for Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3, along with being the Lead Producer on Kane’s Wrath. During those years, some of my favorite moments were interacting with our passionate community, whether at our onsite Community Summits, on the forums, or while attending various events such as Gamescom.

As most of you may know, we recently announced Command & Conquer: Rivals, a mobile game set in the Command & Conquer universe. Following the reveal of Rivals, we heard you loud and clear: the Command & Conquer community also wants to see the franchise return to PC. And as a fan of C&C for over 20 years, I couldn’t agree more. With that in mind we’ve been exploring some exciting ideas regarding remastering the classic PC games, and already have the ball rolling on our first effort to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary.

We are eager to hear your feedback to help influence our current thoughts for PC and what comes next. Over the next few weeks we’ll be talking to fans in a variety of ways. In the meantime, please share your thoughts here on the OpenRA forums.

As a long time C&C fan and developer, I am just as passionate about the C&C franchise as you are, and look forward to hearing your thoughts as they help us shape the future of C&C at EA!

Thanks!
Jim Vessella

——————————————————-

I think it’s interesting to see what EA will do (if they do anything at all) as they are talking about the cream of the crop classic games. However what games they will restore is debatable as well and a couple things should be taken away from this statement. “Upcoming 25th anniversary” EA is WELL KNOWN for rushing and forcing to meet deadlines which makes me worried but remastering Classic Westwood games (Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, Tiberian sun) alone will require quite an extensive amount of time. Forget adding Renegade, RA2 and Generals to that list.. I’m worried about all this. But, I am also highly interested to see what and how they will be remastering..

COD4 was remastered using higher graphics which is what it needed and it looked awesome because it was the begging of modern era graphics as well. However Ra1, TS, TD and all the other RTS games have their graphics as part of their charm. So i’m very interested to see how and “what” exactly they will be remastering. At the end of the day though, even if everything faulters... at least it will put some life into C&C and will allow modern computers the chance to play C&C without problem.

Edited by Threve

I’m thinking a redesigned/ updated graphics C&C Red Alert, and Tiberium Dawn. (Possibly Tiberium Sun). Some cut scenes just less pixelated. Maybe a more attractive tanya or umagon sprite.

I don’t think levels or gameplay will be altered or touched in any way. For the sake of time.

Either remaster Renegade/TD/RA or finish Tiberium. No exceptions.

Either way, good job EA. You did something right in like what? 9 years?

Actually better yet, do what Gearbox did with Homeworld. Build a remastered collection of the series starting with the first 3 games (Red Alert, Tiberian Dawn, and Tiberian Sun) and sell it off for like 60 bucks

Edited by MPRA2

• 2 months later...

I can see this possibly reviving the whole C&C scene. And I hope that this does do so. I can't wait for them to come out. I hope they'll be bringing out a Big Box version in commemoration of the originals. If that happens, I don't care how much they'll cost, I'm gonna buy them just to add to my collection.

Edited by Premier Romanov