[GAME OVER] CYOR IV

Jeod

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

He's not cleared in my book, but he did confirm Orange and Fraydo's whereabouts last night. Not confirmed town, but not the attempted killer.

Well with the chance to do an action and an item action, he *could* still be the attempted killer.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Here's the thing too. I don't exactly want to waste another day with a failed result.  Even if we're all agro on Nodlied it might be worth it to move on to someone else just for that reason and we can figure out what to do with him later.  I have some ideas but they're not worth sharing at this time because they rely on RNG and things we can't yet know, but I don't think it's a hopeless situation.

I guess that kind of just leaves Irish....

Of the three options we have here's how I'd rank them and why.

1. Nodlied -- I just don't think we're likely to have two lynchproofs. He might be telling some truth, but I don't think he's telling us everything.
  2. Irishman -- Hasn't really said or done much, I've got a null read on him for this.
  3. KillingYou -- He's at least trying to contribute, even though he doesn't have any alibi either.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Well with the chance to do an action and an item action, he *could* still be the attempted killer.

If that's the case then there's very few people who are "cleared". I was assuming that the kill attempt came from the standard mafia night kill. Then again, what if that works differently this game? Didn't see anything in the D1 post about it.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If that's the case then there's very few people who are "cleared". I was assuming that the kill attempt came from the standard mafia night kill. Then again, what if that works differently this game? Didn't see anything in the D1 post about it.

I assume killing can be standard action OR an item.  I don't think the rules need to be explicit on that mark to make it the case either.  I considered vig as a item, for example.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I assume killing can be standard action OR an item.  I don't think the rules need to be explicit on that mark to make it the case either.  I considered vig as a item, for example.

Okay, I've only been thinking in terms of a standard night kill. Didn't think it likely that scum would fail to kill a different target (or not attempt to) and that a vig would target me.

Okay, I've only been thinking in terms of a standard night kill. Didn't think it likely that scum would fail to kill a different target (or not attempt to) and that a vig would target me.

I don't think a Vig would bother with a N1 kill in the first place though.

Well I meant that as an example of killing being item based.  Scum could have a kill-item.  OR, the watching was an item, and the kill from the same person (Chopbam) was indeed normal.  There's a lot of possibilities.

Was typing up a post about how I'm conflicted, but I think I'm decided on lynching ChopBam.

KillingYou made an unverifiable claim and continued to contribute. ChopBam made a claim that was "confirmed", but in hindsight it wasn't even really a gamble to just claim that. Then he just kind of left. I did feel like I had a town read on Irish yesterday, he's a suspect but there's nothing to go off of. Nodlied is next on my suspect list, but Shade can confirm at least some of Nodlied's claims.

Out of all the remaining suspects, ChopBam has had suspicious behavior. As soon as he came out with the tracking claim he just dropped off of my radar, props to Shade for bringing him back to our attention. If I were scum and in his situation that'd be a gambit I'd probably do.

##vote ChopBam

Just now, Shade939 said:

You're also ignoring the fact there's nothing preventing Orange from having attempted the NK either here...

Even I'll admit there's been suspiciously little attention given to me.  That's why I wonder more about Chopbam.  That might have been an attempt to push things off onto me or FRAYDO, but when we were basically like "yeah, so what?" it just kind of faltered.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah but ILTS is pretty believable and, of the reads available, was one of the most town read.  We have to go on *something* if we want to play the game.

A cursed video tape that thematically matches up with The Ring is certainly more along those lines than anything else at the moment.

Orange: Gives out cake to first visitor which has different effects and uses. Not a super scummy ability.

FRAYDO: Cannot even be voted for. Has a night action. Vote immunity is not from any item.

Nodlied: Claims to have the ability to possess items and cannot be killed except through destroying said item.

KillingYou: Claims to be able to establish a permanent masonry with a chance at failure.

ChopBam: Claimed to have tracked Fraydo to Orange. Supposedly verified, but it was public knowledge that this would happen.

Irishman: ??? Can't recall any claims or info.

And this where I'm gonna stop listing what we know actually. Why would ChopBam track somebody who has announced their intent for a night action and is not believed to be scum? That just doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Orange: Gives out cake to first visitor which has different effects and uses. Not a super scummy ability.

FRAYDO: Cannot even be voted for. Has a night action. Vote immunity is not from any item.

Nodlied: Claims to have the ability to possess items and cannot be killed except through destroying said item.

KillingYou: Claims to be able to establish a permanent masonry with a chance at failure.

ChopBam: Claimed to have tracked Fraydo to Orange. Supposedly verified, but it was public knowledge that this would happen.

Irishman: ??? Can't recall any claims or info.

And this where I'm gonna stop listing what we know actually. Why would ChopBam track somebody who has announced their intent for a night action and is not believed to be scum? That just doesn't make sense.

Why would you want to check if the player who said they were going to do something actually did it or not?

What I'm starting to think is that if I were a town tracker I would not track Fraydo, that wouldn't really do much to help town. He was voteproof, he might be a hostile TP but there's almost no chance of him being scum. Why not track somebody who was suspicious? To me, Fraydo is the last person I would track just based on what we knew about him. And that's not even mentioning that Fraydo announced his target D1.

So, ChopBam tracked a person who was low on the list for people who should be tracked and claimed that he visited the guy everybody assumed he was going to visit. This is really suspicious to me.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Why would you want to check if the player who said they were going to do something actually did it or not?

Because they're not likely to be scum. Our top priority is to find scum, not neutral or TP. If we happen to find one, great. But again, there's almost no chance that Fraydo is scum. I'd even go as far as to say it's impossible. No scum should ever be lynchproof, let alone vote proof.

D1 he was all but confirmed not scum. With me confirming that his vote proof is a passive ability, not an item, then there's no chance that he's scum. Period. He was one of the worst targets to track N1. Coincidentally, he was the only person to claim that he would visit Orange.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Unless you suspected FRAYDO and myself as a *team* verification would have taken place anyway.  Again, given we can do an item and a normal action, it doesn't actually clear us anyway, so it's kind of a useless watch.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Just for clarification, I'm not a tracker nor a watcher per se, but to a certain extent I can confirm what two people did every night.

Can I ask why we cleared Category 5?

I know what he did last night and can back him up. It would be round about, and I don't think we'd have time at this point, but I set things up where we'd be able to verify stuff with one or more other players. I can't 100% confirm he's town, but he seems pretty town to me.