[GAME OVER] CYOR IV

Jeod

Here's a FYI post for you all, since there are a lot more items in this game with various abilities than previous games. Also to help @Sunflower resolve things if needed.

Order of Resolution in Mafia

The following is a breakdown of the order of actions in my mafia games and how I resolve them:

·         Player Actions

o   Immediate Actions (e.g. Actions that don’t wait until the end of the night to be resolved)

o   Any actions that can interfere with another action (e.g. Protection, Roleblocking)

·         Item Actions

o   Passive Effects

o   Item Usage

§  In this case, if an item provides a passive BP power but is passed in the same night that the passing player is targeted for a kill, then they will be protected; vice-versa, if a player receives an item that has BP, they will be protected from a kill since killing actions occur last

·         Mechanic Actions (in this game, it’s the Vault)

·         Player Actions

o   Killing Actions

4 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

You are quite the talker this game. Now, including the fact that you can't be voted and the fact that you talk like the lone star state, may I ask if you are, in fact, the Sheriff?

No sir, the only Sheriff I’m aware of is Sheriff Sunflower.

Talking like the lone star state comes with being a Texan. And I’ll agree I’m more talkative, but hey I missed out on the previous game. Better this than AFK scum now wouldn’t you agree?

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Now, we should all be neighbors rather than fight each other. We've got a killer to catch.

That Psyduck was just like a psyduck to me!  Rage is a good motivation to actually lynch and not do this no lynch thing, but probably can't swing it at this point.  I mean look at the cute little fellow when we took him on a trip to the city.  How can people not want revenge?

Screen-Shot-2018-11-12-at-12.34.06-PM-61

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That Psyduck was just like a psyduck to me!  Rage is a good motivation to actually lynch and not do this no lynch thing, but probably can't swing it at this point.  I mean look at the cute little fellow when we took him on a trip to the city.  How can people not want revenge?

Screen-Shot-2018-11-12-at-12.34.06-PM-61

Unlike other days there's nobody I have enough suspicion on to be comfortable with a lynch. I figure I'll know more for D2. And the numbers are probably tighter this game. Although who knows if Jeod has done anything to throw us for a loop. Not sure how crazy his CYOR games can be.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Sure is quiet around here. But a quiet neighborhood can be a nice neighborhood.

Moments of silence for our late feathered friend :p

But seriously, it seems like we're set on no lynch.  More info will be forthcoming with the night.  Not much to discuss, especially considering how forth coming our most vocal player (me) has been so far, unless we want to do a mass claim D1 :p

Fraydo's lynchlessness, combined with the timing of Jeod's post about items, has me thinking that it's probably more of an item FRAYDO is holding rather than a characteristic of his role. I mean, that'd be a pretty powerful role, to be able to know immediately if your vote is going to work or not, rather than having to use up your vote for that day to find out at the end of that day he's unlynchable and not able to re-use the vote.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Fraydo's lynchlessness, combined with the timing of Jeod's post about items, has me thinking that it's probably more of an item FRAYDO is holding rather than a characteristic of his role. I mean, that'd be a pretty powerful role, to be able to know immediately if your vote is going to work or not, rather than having to use up your vote for that day to find out at the end of that day he's unlynchable and not able to re-use the vote.

It wouldn't really matter much.... unless we had an item thief....

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It wouldn't really matter much.... unless we had an item thief....

Realistically, I'd assume an item thief get's a random item from that players inventory unless they know the name of the item the player is carrying.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

One, most likely.

Unless you want find another way of getting a new item. :p

Point being, if someone wanted to snag that from FRAYDO, I'd say they have a pretty good chance of doing so.

Though, another point I just thought of, if it *is* an item, and someone *does* steal it, at least we can easily check who did it.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Point being, if someone wanted to snag that from FRAYDO, I'd say they have a pretty good chance of doing so.

Though, another point I just thought of, if it *is* an item, and someone *does* steal it, at least we can easily check who did it.

Assuming they keep the item, and don't do something else with it with another ability, like converting it to another item. Which help avoid the issues of power creep from gaining too many items.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Assuming they keep the item, and don't do something else with it with another ability, like converting it to another item. Which help avoid the issues of power creep from gaining too many items.

I doubt someone who's specifically an item thief would also convert items, at least without one turn cooldown or something.  That also seems like it'd be more of the purview of the GM rather than a player.