EA reveals the first details of C&C Remastered

OWA

Joe Kucan or bust! But really, I wonder how a remaster could be so much different than what @Nyerguds has already done. There are also plenty of mods out there (Tiberian Dawn on SAGE, etc). I can understand updating the OST, but I'm struggling to comprehend how one can make Tiberian Dawn into a 4K masterpiece without taking too much from existing fan material and while still keeping that C&C feel.

I was hoping for TibSun to get a remaster too, but I'm sure that will be further down the road... IT REALLY needs a remaster, especially with bugfixes and the Nod Laser crashes.

I'm a happy Apache though.

Hopefully they'll add all the spec ops missions from C&C64 as well as the dinosaur pack.

4k huh dint see that coming but hopefully its a 3d 4k experience like idk kanes wrath somthing like that or somthing like ra3 but I hope redalert retaliation is in there because I kinda liked it , it was also one of my favorites out the first Ra generation. I also hope there remastering ra2 and Ra Yuri's revenge those were my most favorited in the second generation of Ra and maybe get an EA online system going because I  just want to play online and I got the disk but I can only play on Lan

The message seems promising. And with Petroglyph in the mix, I have my hopes up, way up. And the great Frank Klepacki, I hope for an excellent soundtrack.

It is disappointing not to see Joseph Kucan/Kane return. Otherwise, I am very pleased.

I look forward to seeing the whole First Decade being remastered, hopefully.

hmm..... I wonder if they'll keep the scripting where if you attack an enemy harvester, the AI pulls a giant army out of its ass and begins to World Police your base because one unit just couldnt keep his damn finger off the trigger and just slightly grazed the paint. Thats another thing they should add in, stance modes.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:13 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

uAfter trying out C&C Rivals I can't say I'm going to hope for much...

I dont trust them either cause they say also No Microtransactions also no lootboxes skin and so on that would be the first EA game who didnt had this for a long time and @jeod you are right about you say the problem more is tiberium dawn had neither controll groups the sepertet bars ore waypoints I think it will be go wrong even with the old westwood members Tiberium dawn and Red alert 1 are not made to be remasterd cause they are too old. It will be a completley new game feeling and not an nostalgic 

On 11/15/2018 at 1:10 PM, VERTi60 said:

Inb4 we'll only get a "remastered" mobile version 😄

In any way, if this gets done as it was promised, I wonder how it will turn up and if it will have any effect on Renegade community and then RA: APB.

I would say first when they done a Remaster for renegade what Im not sure if they did it but when yes it will be an effect because the its a new grafic new everything but I think APB and RA will be still the same even if they make a Remastered because we have let us say a remaster with renegade X sort of and I must say I prefer the old renegade more it is more nostalgic Thats why I would chose between RA APB and Imperial Apex ore something from renegade x for the first 3 because its the real feeling and it is good so how it is

2 hours ago, xCommanderJackx said:

I dont trust them either cause they say also No Microtransactions also no lootboxes skin and so on that would be the first EA game who didnt had this for a long time and @jeod you are right about you say the problem more is tiberium dawn had neither controll groups the sepertet bars ore waypoints I think it will be go wrong even with the old westwood members Tiberium dawn and Red alert 1 are not made to be remasterd cause they are too old. It will be a completley new game feeling and not an nostalgic 

actuely battle feild 5 is not getting premium, or loot boxes from what I know, so you might be wrong, about them not dooing micro transactions for the first time, but yes you are right how ever all of the old games, will be, a totally overhauled game, or totally rebuilt, if you will 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Professor Lemur said:

inb4 mammoth tanks are placed behind an "Advanced GDI Technology DLC". $14.99 including skins. $4.99 for a one-time Ion Cannon use.

Not gonna happen. Microtransactions will not be included.

1 hour ago, Professor Lemur said:

So you're telling me there won't be a DLC you can buy that replaces the commando skin with Isaac Clarke? Sad!

What a terrible idea! This will never see the light of day and it's ridiculous to even be suggested.

Spoiler

>meanwhile at EA
e74.png