[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

I want to take a closer look at this Cat5 thing.

14 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Somebody has the ability to move.

9 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Thinking about it further, what led me to believe someone moved might be something else.

Information given to me suggested something changed, which I presumed to mean something moved. It may relate to what happens on the map, I'm unsure. I'll have to see what happens in later nights to get a better idea.

To me, this looks like Category 5 knew what happened, and tried to set up a case on whoever moved (in this case, Voe). Then, he seemed to realize that his setup was flimsy at best, and tried to backtrack in order to distance himself from the situation.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What made you decide to fire now when you didn't before?

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You waited an hour. In the early morning.

Well, I mean, I don't know your timezone, but point being it's rarely talkative right now. Two posts happened in between you hesitating and then shooting.

He could be trigger happy, but that's why I'm pressing for an explanation rather than just jumping to a conclusion one way or another.

I want to see a little more elaboration on what went through his mind in that hour between hesitating and then shooting. I want to give him another chance to explain in more detail what he thought about, as right now what I'm seeing is not satisfactory but also not enough to really draw a great conclusion.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Your argument screams that you felt a ton of pressure over this, but I don't think the circumstances back that up.

These are all of the posts he made following his initial report. Trying to focus on the JackODerp situation while avoiding a pertinent question: How did he get the info? He hasn't even said something along the lines of "It's best if I keep it secret for the sake of Town," he's just avoided the question altogether.

Currently, I think that Category 5 teleported Voe, tried to setup a scenario where moving is a scum ability, realized that it would be difficult to press such a case, and decided to backtrack before he got caught. If he's a tracker/watcher/similar, he wouldn't have avoided the question of how he got that info, nor would he have been so vague in his second post. If he's town and responsible for the teleport, he wouldn't have opened in a semi-accusatory way.

##vote Category 5 Hurricane

Why would I bother Chronoshifting Voe and then tell people about it? The idea that scum has the ability to move is a possibility, sure, but don't you think it would be easier to push a case on him if it was found he moved later?

Furthermore, if I was going to frame someone using the Chronosphere, I would have moved one of the two people who were going to try to clear themselves using submerge.

The reason I know someone moved is because if someone near you moves, you get told about it.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why would I bother Chronoshifting Voe and then tell people about it? The idea that scum has the ability to move is a possibility, sure, but don't you think it would be easier to push a case on him if it was found he moved later?

Furthermore, if I was going to frame someone using the Chronosphere, I would have moved one of the two people who were going to try to clear themselves using submerge.

The reason I know someone moved is because if someone near you moves, you get told about it.

And just how close were you?

I mean, I wasn't convinced of the case on Cat 5 in the first place.  Even with minimal trying, I don't think Cat 5 would be sloppy like that.

It does make me wonder, though, if maybe Voe moved of his own voelition, and Cat 5's comments spooked him and he's trying to play dumb.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, I wasn't convinced of the case on Cat 5 in the first place.  Even with minimal trying, I don't think Cat 5 would be sloppy like that.

It does make me wonder, though, if maybe Voe moved of his own voelition, and Cat 5's comments spooked him and he's trying to play dumb.

Voe has already proven he has a shot, so I find it unlikely he'd be the one performing the shifts.

I'm also pretty sure this teleporting ability is not Soviet-controlled, simply because that would make no sense.

27 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

##vote Category 5 Hurricane

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

Time Left:
1 day(s), 0  hour(s), 46 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
JackoDerp voted nobody
Jeod voted JackoDerp
Killing You voted Category 5 Hurricane
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Voe voted nobody

2/11 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1  each)

Just now, Shade939 said:

Closer than Orange?

My personal guess would be no more than 2 squares away.  Notice how when someone's killed, the blank space around them is revealed.  My guess would be if you shared that.  But I have nothing to go on with this.  I'm probably far enough away.

1 minute ago, JackoDerp said:

Voe has already proven he has a shot, so I find it unlikely he'd be the one performing the shifts.

I'm also pretty sure this teleporting ability is not Soviet-controlled, simply because that would make no sense.

I mean, we don't know for sure it's teleport/chronoshift.  It could be just firing up the engines and moving, or maybe even a tug or something thematically.

2 minutes ago, JackoDerp said:

Also how do we know the one causing movement can't shoot too? Nearly everyone can shoot?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, we don't know for sure it's teleport/chronoshift.  It could be just firing up the engines and moving, or maybe even a tug or something thematically.

Oh true, this doesn't completely clear Voe I suppose, though I find it unlikely he'd be the one moving people.

Furthermore, I have to add that I'm still not absolutely certain what happened is I detected someone moving. It might merely be that a unit near me was detected because of the reveals over night. I'm not sure why I would be told that if that were the case, because the map obviously already tells me that information.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If you were going to move a suspected Submarine, wouldn't you move in onto known land tiles?

I’ve been wondering about that, but the fact  that Voe is alive and didn’t mention anything about taking damage or is still alive doesn’t support that.