[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

IM2jzqC.png

There can only be one destroyer, so that's unlikely?

I'm not sure that's accurate.  If you add up all the max number, then add 1 for mystery unit, you get 11, and we have 12 players.  If you count no mystery unit or swap it for cruiser were down to 10 of 12.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm not sure that's accurate.  If you add up all the max number, then add 1 for mystery unit, you get 11, and we have 12 players.  If you count no mystery unit or swap it for cruiser were down to 10 of 12.

The airplane/spy plane should probably be included as another unit? Which still only works barring  any custom-units, which really ovrrcomplicates things if those exeist.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

The airplane/spy plane should probably be included as another unit? Which still only works barring  any custom-units, which really ovrrcomplicates things if those exeist.

I guess I did forget about that, but point stands I'm not so sure how accurate the numbers are if we have surprises.  Though I guess technically if we have a lot of surprises that lowers the number of people that have to be vanilla roles, and thus there's no contradiction.

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Description of Sub Pen says players will be "called to Sub Pen for repairs." I wonder if the Sub Pen can move players??

I think players would be told they were called to the sub pen though.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Not only that, but how does the unit moved to the Sub Pen move back? And what happens to the next one called?

It should technicially happen during a single phase. So that might also interfere with other actions targeting that player.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

So then if we suppose voe was moved by sub pen, then voe should be cleared since nobody is speaking out about the action failing.

I'd definitely keep this info to myself, till it became pertinent that claims aren't lining up. The Sub Pen shouldn't out itself so quickly imo.

My hunch tells me Voe's moving was not the Sub Pen's doing, although that wording in the unit legend did make me pause, and thought I'd bring it up here.

Regarding the NK, perhaps the Allies need player coordinates to NK. Thus the biggest usefulness of the Sonar Pulse. Of course they lose that if the Destroyer is eliminated, but 1) there are other ways to discover coordinates and 2) lynching can be eliminated by the destruction of the airfield.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why would I bother Chronoshifting Voe and then tell people about it? The idea that scum has the ability to move is a possibility, sure, but don't you think it would be easier to push a case on him if it was found he moved later?

Furthermore, if I was going to frame someone using the Chronosphere, I would have moved one of the two people who were going to try to clear themselves using submerge.

The reason I know someone moved is because if someone near you moves, you get told about it.

Decent enough rebuttal, though I still wonder why it took so long for you to say so. Eh, not particularly vote worthy at this point anyway.

##unvote

I agree that Voe would likely be notified if it was the sub pen's doing. I wish I had more leads to present, but alas, none come to mind.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Decent enough rebuttal, though I still wonder why it took so long for you to say so. Eh, not particularly vote worthy at this point anyway.

##unvote

I agree that Voe would likely be notified if it was the sub pen's doing. I wish I had more leads to present, but alas, none come to mind.

Because given that moving is probably related to a scum ability, describing that someone near me moved narrows down my possible placements on my map, which is undesirable for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Because given that moving is probably related to a scum ability, describing that someone near me moved narrows down my possible placements on my map, which is undesirable for obvious reasons.

Fair enough.