[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

9 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

##unvote

[Vote Cancel] ChopBam cancelled his/her vote on Voe!

9 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

Time Left:
1 day(s), 5  hour(s), 41 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
ChopBam voted FRAYDO
FRAYDO voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Voe voted ChopBam

2/10 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1  each)

28 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

@Voe you should know it's productive to explore all angles and apply pressure in various places to see what happens. We get information and slips out of it.

Yes. It's called fishing.

13 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Fishing is when you try and get out secret details about roles or something (See:  Shade).  Just asking where everyone stands is called playing the game.

Because you can’t figure out someone’s alignment based on their role and abilities in game? And it makes more sense to ignore the facts of a role given by the GM and instead focus on how good or bad a player could be at the game or what strategy they personally prefer to use?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Because you can’t figure out someone’s alignment based on their role and abilities in game? And it makes more sense to ignore the facts of a role given by the GM and instead focus on how good or bad a player could be at the game or what strategy they personally prefer to use?

There's a time and place for everything.  At some times it's best to keep info hidden.  Example:  We don't want the airfield/spy plane to claim, lest they get nightkilled, etc.

Before you start arguing, this is just an example/in principle statement.  It's not meant as commentary on the current state of the game.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

There's a time and place for everything.  At some times it's best to keep info hidden.  Example:  We don't want the airfield/spy plane to claim, lest they get nightkilled, etc.

Before you start arguing, this is just an example/in principle statement.  It's not meant as commentary on the current state of the game.

But you don’t mind claiming your an attack sub with the ability to submerge yourself...

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also, the Airfield and Spy Plane should be immune to the NK,  which is why I assumed that the Cruiser was a counter to the Airfield in the first place. So the Airfield and Spy Plane should be more worried about dieing from having their coordinates revealed than the NK.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Also, the Airfield and Spy Plane should be immune to the NK,  which is why I assumed that the Cruiser was a counter to the Airfield in the first place. So the Airfield and Spy Plane should be more worried about dieing from having their coordinates revealed than the NK.

It's an example, Shade.  Do you disagree there are times when information should be held sequestered?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's an example, Shade.  Do you disagree there are times when information should be held sequestered?

It depends on the situation, but Scum generally thrive on obscurity. Hence why a GM has to balance against Town making full role claims.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It depends on the situation, but Scum generally thrive on obscurity. Hence why a GM has to balance against Town making full role claims.

And thus the difference between playing the game and fishing.  Glad you agree with me :p

Looking at it in respect to Voe, Voe was the first one to call me out for not reading about Depth Charges.  In general wagonomics, it's not the first person that's scum.  It's the second or third person.  FRAYDO looking to take advantage would be more likely scum than Voe being scum and leading the charge himself.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Looking at it in respect to Voe, Voe was the first one to call me out for not reading about Depth Charges.  In general wagonomics, it's not the first person that's scum.  It's the second or third person.  FRAYDO looking to take advantage would be more likely scum than Voe being scum and leading the charge himself.

And also to be completely fair, this is why I gave Chopbam much of a pass after his vote on Irish, too.  His D2 vote has made me reconsider, though.

19 minutes ago, Jeod said:

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

Time Left:
1 day(s), 4  hour(s), 11 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
ChopBam voted FRAYDO
FRAYDO voted nobody
Jeod voted FRAYDO
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Voe voted ChopBam

3/10 votes casted so far
FRAYDO has the most votes - 2

On 12/14/2018 at 7:49 PM, VERTi60 said:
[Vote Counted] Voe voted JackoDerp to be lynched!

Time Left:
0 day(s), 4  hour(s), 11 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
JackoDerp voted nobody
Jeod voted JackoDerp
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Voe voted JackoDerp

2/11 votes casted so far
JackoDerp has the most votes - 2

I'm also the second one to vote for Jacko.

Alright, as I was rereading to mass quote FRAYDO to break his case down a bit more, something more interesting caught my attention. I want to take another look at ChopBam.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, ChopBam said:

Noting the bandwagon tone.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, ChopBam said:

It's doubtful to me that Irish is actual scum. Going to vote for the "unwitting" bandwagoneer. Yes I know it's literally last minute.

##vote JackoDerp

On 12/14/2018 at 12:38 AM, ChopBam said:

I do think we have more to go on today, however. I'm suspicious of JackoDerp, both for his tie-breaking vote near day end yesterday, and for some of that "pressured" behavior that happened in the wee hours of the morning (CA time).

On 12/14/2018 at 12:20 PM, ChopBam said:

I'm for voting Jacko.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, ChopBam said:

I'd think that a scum would claim a safer and more common role, such as attack sub. My hunch says JackoDerp is not our guy.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:01 PM, ChopBam said:

I am once again thinking of voting JackoDerp. The lack of support for him may be concerning, but there are also some inactives still around (Alstar, FRAYDO) who could be on his team and not bothering to defend him. Hell, if I was active and on a scum team with him, I wouldn't try to defend him at this point either. The missile sub claim isn't much of a defense when I think more about it, but he did respond quickly and directly.

Any other thoughts from anybody as we're down to the last two hours before hammer?

On 12/14/2018 at 4:26 PM, ChopBam said:

It's between Jacko and Shade at this point. I agree with the rest of you about Jacko, but he's got plenty of votes already and I'm going to

##vote Shade939

so it's on paper, and because I need to get my vote in.

This is all I've collected regarding ChopBam's opinion on Jacko. Constantly maintaining a level of suspicion, but only placing a vote last-minute D1 in what could've either been an intentional dud vote or an attempt to save face. It's also worth noting that he tried to clear Jacko when he claimed, but went back to suspecting him when town shifted their suspicions back as well. I believe the term I'm looking for is... "fence-sitting?"

In regards to FRAYDO, his one and only real contribution was, indeed, the drive by vote Orange pointed out. I tagged him to comment on the Jacko situation, and his response was basically just "Hi."

Calling it now. JackoDerp-ChopBam-FRAYDO scumteam.

##vote FRAYDO

I’ve interpreted the NK Depth Charge to mean scum can only kill naval units, and I suspect I may have already been targeted but survived because of that. Of course if my assumption is sorely wrong and scum can NK me after all with my role claim, then rip me.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I’ve interpreted the NK Depth Charge to mean scum can only kill naval units, and I suspect I may have already been targeted but survived because of that. Of course if my assumption is sorely wrong and scum can NK me after all with my role claim, then rip me.

It'd be a bit weird if one could depth charge an air unit. :v 

That said, I wonder if there are any counter claims.