[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

10 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I'll probably place my vote closer to hammer, but right now I'm leaning towards Voe as well. I'd like to give him a chance to defend himself, as well as keep the possibility of a sub pen defense on the table.

As much as I'd also love to see if the Sub Pen investigated Voe, it should abstain from giving itself away unless it has information about Voe or something else pertinent to catching the bad guys. Just my humble $.02.

Just now, ChopBam said:

As much as I'd also love to see if the Sub Pen investigated Voe, it should abstain from giving itself away unless it has information about Voe or something else pertinent to catching the bad guys. Just my humble $.02.

Well, that's what I meant. If the sub pen is responsible for moving Voe, their testimony might be the only thing that saves him. If not, their silence will tell us all we need to know.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Are you suggesting the Sub Pen moves people on to land while repairing it?

I'll say again, the Sub Pen doesn't move people.

I'm saying it's the only thing that could reasonably defend Voe. It's a long shot in any case.

5 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I'm saying it's the only thing that could reasonably defend Voe. It's a long shot in any case.

Well another thing that could defend Voe would be the existence of some kind of Chronosphere technology. I can't seem to find a way though for the Chronosphere to actually benefit scum unless the "random" target placement somehow manages to hit land or another unit, which we're still not sure is even possible, assuming a Chronosphere exists. A secondary benefit would be to cause chaos, but I'm not convinced that the secondary benefit would warrant the Sphere's existence. I could see an angle where the Allies chronoshift their own guy around the map in order to find units to kill (considering the proximity notification), but that still seems like a kinda tenuous connection to me.

I came into the thread to make a post on how i think Jacko was covering for Orange and I'll ##vote Orange now, but I see you guys have decided he was doing it for me instead (lol).

I'm N14:O14. No clue who's just been shot.

ChopBam im looking at you, too. Especially after you've dropped a seed of general doubt where im supposedly moved around by another allied player as a cover up.

It wouldnt be the first time around when you dicked me into getting lynched like this, would it?

5 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I have to say, the one thing that leads me away from that case is that I think Jack may also have told us how the Chronoshifting works, since he said with little evidence that the end result of the shift is random, which would explain why Voe didn't wind up shifted to the known land tile. Still wouldn't explain why Voe was the target.

I actually think that it is quite obvious why the Allies would teleport a player around. But check my response to Choppy below for that info.

5 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Let's also not forget that I left an AFK vote on my teammate back in Warhammer. It almost cleared me, until I slipped up later. Also, Voe tends to be a power player in games that he plays. He's unusually quiet this round.

Well, I can, for a fact tell you the precise reason as to why Voe has been a bit quiet: he's busy. :v Busy with looking for jobs and with spending time with a special somebody. He's busy enough with that special somebody that he spends most of his remaining time playing games that he otherwise couldn't play.

5 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Well another thing that could defend Voe would be the existence of some kind of Chronosphere technology. I can't seem to find a way though for the Chronosphere to actually benefit scum unless the "random" target placement somehow manages to hit land or another unit, which we're still not sure is even possible, assuming a Chronosphere exists. A secondary benefit would be to cause chaos, but I'm not convinced that the secondary benefit would warrant the Sphere's existence. I could see an angle where the Allies chronoshift their own guy around the map in order to find units to kill (considering the proximity notification), but that still seems like a kinda tenuous connection to me.

>Can't find a way though for the Chronosphere to actually benefit scum.
Have you considered the possibility that Jackoderp was lying about the entire ''randomized'' location thing? I'd say that a Chronosphere would most definately know where it'd send players. And knowing where it would send players would allow scum to open fire or drop a deptcharge with pretty much 100% accuracy.

7 hours ago, ChopBam said:

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Voe to be lynched!

2 hours ago, Voe said:

##vote Orange

[Vote Counted] Voe voted OrangeP47 to be lynched!

Time Left:
1 day(s), 8  hour(s), 18 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
ChopBam voted Voe
FRAYDO voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Voe voted OrangeP47

2/10 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1  each)

I'm not on board with the Voe idea. Jack was just as hesitant to vote Orange as he was Voe, and Voe directly called him out on it in the first night. Jack also didn't directly jump in to defend Voe when he was brought up as a lynch target.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

Voe, you dog!

What

43 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'll point this out in my favor, but I've been successfully submerged tested too btw.

What were you, again?

Just now, Voe said:

I C

What do you think about Choppy?

TBH I think he's slippery and might be trying to pull something, but I'm always biased against him it seems so I'm not the best judge.  He was in on Jacko but then tried to change it to Shade, when Shade really started to take off.  He might have been trying to be ultra-sneaky and save Jacko.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH I think he's slippery and might be trying to pull something, but I'm always biased against him it seems so I'm not the best judge.  He was in on Jacko but then tried to change it to Shade, when Shade really started to take off.  He might have been trying to be ultra-sneaky and save Jacko.

##unvote

##vote chopbam

I still can't believe you can consider me anything but confirmed town after me having gone after jacko the second i learned about him hammering a townie.

Any of this gibbery nonsense from "chronosphere makes no sense for the allies" to "allies purposefully moved voe so he can then claim they could do that and by revealing vital information about the allies' abilities help them slip beneath the radar" sounds like and awful joke right now. And no, I do not intend on getting lynched just because I'm me.

I'm having your plotting head on a spike today, ChopBam.

8 minutes ago, Voe said:

##unvote

[Vote Cancel] Voe cancelled his/her vote on OrangeP47!

8 minutes ago, Voe said:

##vote chopbam

[Vote Counted] Voe voted ChopBam to be lynched!

Time Left:
1 day(s), 6  hour(s), 8 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
ChopBam voted Voe
FRAYDO voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Voe voted ChopBam

2/10 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1  each)

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd also like FRAYDO to get in here and weigh in.  Alstar too, though I'll say at this moment I'm not suspicious of him, just that I want his opinion.

I want to believe you're a townie, and jacko simply made a rookie mistake breaking a stalemate between two townies. Help me lynch ChopBam tonight - if you don't, and he flips scum, you're the next on the line.

Just now, Voe said:

I want to believe you're a townie, and jacko simply made a rookie mistake breaking a stalemate between two townies. Help me lynch ChopBam tonight - if you don't, and he flips scum, you're the next on the line.

The thing is I've mislynched Chopbam like a tooooon, he really is my blind spot.  I want the lurkers to speak up a bit more, not only for that, but also because we're likely to face 2 more scum.  Even if we nail Chopbam, there's likely someone else out there, and if we just lock in without discussion we'll have a lot harder time finding them.  Let's make everyone stick their neck out and put in where they stand.  Then, no matter what happens, we'll have more info to go on.

Just now, Voe said:

Well then, will you?

I've been pretty vocal, but if you're lazy I'll summarize.

Town reads:  Jeod, Shade

Null reads:  Cat 5 (though outside chance of being scum), Alstar (though leaning town), Nodlied, Killing You, Voe (though low end of null, basically I'm willing to put the issue on the back burner)

Scum reads:  Chopbam, FRAYDO

Chopbam I've just discussed.  As for FRAYDO, his "drive-by" nature rubs me the wrong way, especially the random vote on me D1 without much substance or chance to defend myself.  He didn't do much useful D2.

Others of note:  Jeod and Shade I townread for reasons previously discussed in detail.  I like Alstar's vote yesterday, I don't think he was bussing.  I would, however, like him to weigh in now that he has more time and it's the weekend.  We need town to start forming a consensus instead of popping in and out.  Cat 5 hasn't done much to sway me one way or the other, which normally I'd say is a scummy read, but he did say he wasn't going to try very hard this game.  I allow him as an outside possibility of being scum.  Killing You had been rubbing me the wrong way but his argument with Shade last night was good.  Not enough to move him to town read but enough that I don't think he's a lead.

And follow up as to why Voe is low end of null:  I'm not sure I 100% buy the mechanics of the move or being unable to submerge close to land or whatever.  I'm willing to admit that we just don't know, though, so I'll let it slide.  There's also the vote on Jackoderp in his favor.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I'll buy for now that you're submerged, Orange.

Alstar is another guy we know nothing about. Has he fired any shots? I can't check ATM.

I'm not submerged right now actually, I was yesterday.

Alstar's vote yesterday was good though.