[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

On one hand, we can test Jeod.  On the other, allies might have some trick up their sleeve we don't know about, maybe a sub of their own, or a moving unit, and Jeod's luring us into a trap.  There's really no way to tell which it is at this juncture.

One player isn't going to narrow anything down for scum. I've made my shot for today, I've made a statement, not a supposition, that Attack Subs begin the game surfaced, and I've stated my intention to submerge tonight and request one of my coordinates be shot tomorrow in order to confirm myself as town.

Scum are in a bind with a confirmed town, even a vanilla. Firing at my coordinate tomorrow won't actually damage me, but I won't be confirmed until the following day when I surface and the marker turns into a detected coordinate. If scum want to eliminate me, they have to nightkill me. They can't fire on me to hit me once I'm confirmed town.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm fine with this plan, but it does NOT 100% clear you.  Really only more like 80%.

I haven't found a single flaw with it yet. Allies don't have any submarines--only the destroyer was hinted as their power unit.

Just now, Jeod said:

I haven't found a single flaw with it yet. Allies don't have any submarines--only the destroyer was hinted as their power unit.

Allies might have a secret unit, and we have no idea what it could be.  An allied submarine is just one possibility, but the point was to highly the fact that there are unknown unknowns.  If I was personally coming up with something, I'd say maybe the allies have a unit that can move, and then simply on D2 you wouldn't be at that location at all, then D3 you could move into position and be dinged.  But really, it could be anything.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Allies might have a secret unit, and we have no idea what it could be.  An allied submarine is just one possibility, but the point was to highly the fact that there are unknown unknowns.  If I was personally coming up with something, I'd say maybe the allies have a unit that can move, and then simply on D2 you wouldn't be at that location at all, then D3 you could move into position and be dinged.  But really, it could be anything.

Consider why the attack sub gets detected in the first place. Do you recall in Red Alert that their silhouette becomes visible when detected? It makes perfect sense for the detection mechanic to apply to attack subs, moreso than other units I imagine.

Just now, Jeod said:

Consider why the attack sub gets detected in the first place. Do you recall in Red Alert that their silhouette becomes visible when detected? It makes perfect sense for the detection mechanic to apply to attack subs, moreso than other units I imagine.

I don't think we can 100% infer anything from that.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I'm mostly annoyed because you're claiming your role before you even have a chance to test it out Jeod, you're plan doens't require you to reveal your role until you actually ask someone to shoot you tomorrow.

That's also true, however I do have a motive for revealing my plan before asking to be shot. I can't spill the beans on that bit, though.

Hugh, actually considering the Mafia setup for this game, it's not clear how they're actually divided.

If we go the assumption of 25% Mafia players then that means we have three in total, which would mean a Gunboat, Destroyer and Cruiser, but then we also have the possibility of a Helicarrier to consider...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Hugh, actually considering the Mafia setup for this game, it's not clear how they're actually divided.

If we go the assumption of 25% Mafia players then that means we have three in total, which would mean a Gunboat, Destroyer and Cruiser, but then we also have the possibility of a Helicarrier to consider...

All those *possible* roles too might just be a red herring for whatever monstrosity Verti cooked up too.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that Q3 text is highlighted white. That's because I am, in fact, somewhere in Q3. Checkmate Allies. :v

Be mindful of how many shots you take. Friendly reminder that the more shoot actions you use the more that will be revealed of your location.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Be mindful of how many shots you take. Friendly reminder that the more shoot actions you use the more that will be revealed of your location.

Is that a warning for your scum buddy, pal? I intend to reveal my location within a few days, so number of shots don't matter to me.

5 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Game update:

I'm also simplifying the quadrant mechanic (for now, until the game turns up to be slow paced). You will only learn the position from the last action by highlighting the entire quadrant. This will also highlight all night actions in the first day post, except scouting and nightkill.

I'm not actually certain if multiple shots will reveal you at the moment.

6 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Ok for memes?

I guess it's OK.

The rule was there for a longer time when we could all actually see who up voted a post, so to prevent extra form of communication or hints using likes, we made that rule.