[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

If this was a month or two ago, I might have taken the bait and gone more in on Chopbam, and things could have gone differently for you.  It's just over the course of the past 4-5 games, I've always thought he was scum, and I've been wrong every single time, so I'm not as likely to subscribe to any pushes against him anymore.

It wouldn't have mattered, really. The Sub Pen claim was what ultimately saved him. Oh well.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

It wouldn't have mattered, really. The Sub Pen claim was what ultimately saved him. Oh well.

Yeah, with no counter claims (not saying counter claims would have been smart), it's kind of hard to push someone off that hill.  I'd say that's a major point of this game's design.

55 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If this was a month or two ago, I might have taken the bait and gone more in on Chopbam, and things could have gone differently for you.  It's just over the course of the past 4-5 games, I've always thought he was scum, and I've been wrong every single time, so I'm not as likely to subscribe to any pushes against him anymore.

You know you're ready to join the scum team when other players say this about you. 8)

This is still a pretty powerful Town setup, and Town should be weakened so it's not as easy to clear Town players.

The only two Town players that couldn't prove their role this game were the missile subs. And even then they could still be targeted by the Sub-Pen.

Edited by Shade939

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

You know you're ready to join the scum team when other players say this about you. 8)

Thing is, when I start not suspecting you, then something must be up, so I'll have to start suspecting you again, the circle of life ;)

43 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Thing is, when I start not suspecting you, then something must be up, so I'll have to start suspecting you again, the circle of life ;)

To be perfectly fair to you, it's not easy for me to read you either. You're scum a lot more often than I am, and you've gotten skilled at hiding, and many times it feels like it comes down to 50/50 really.

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

To be perfectly fair to you, it's not easy for me to read you either. You're scum a lot more often than I am, and you've gotten skilled at hiding, and many times it feels like it comes down to 50/50 really.

People were scumreading me so much this game I thought I was going to have an aneurysm.

8 hours ago, Jeod said:

I would like to see a wider variety of naval units--make the game AR themed instead of APB.

We had mystery units from other universes, but stand alone AR game isn't something to be happening soon I suppose.

7 hours ago, Killing_You said:

None taken. We had a new person, an absentee, and a terrible player (that last one is me). It was a difficult time.

I would definitely like to give this setup a second try. It didn't seem like that much of a fair introduction to a pretty cool setup.

7 hours ago, Killing_You said:

You were not terrible, I suppose you were the only one on the Allied team trying to "do" something during the day. Although if I were in your shoes I would maybe try to risk and push Chop a bit further in order to divert from Jack's lynch. Maybe even a counterclaim for sub pen. Having cruiser surviving at least one more night could mean one confirmed coordinates of a Soviet being the next target during the Night, and perhaps next day Jack wouldn't even be on chopping block depending how things develop.

7 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Verti seems to like throwing newbies onto the scum team, but honestly I think the success in Death Note was just a fluke.  Some town experience first really helps.  To fool town, you must become town.

All roles were RNGed and nobody really requested to be allies. Jack said he had some experience so I was willing to risk keeping the RNG choice. I don't think Death Note was a fluke, I think Orange is intelligent and he also took the advantage of slipping under the radar with the new player profile. I still don't see Jack's mistake to be as big it's just that he was unlucky and allies decide to bus him instead of trying to buy some time or make a diversion.

As for Alstar, I don't think he's new, he played in a few RA: APB forum games before. He was just too pre occupied and I didn't know about it before the start of the game.

As for KY, well he deserves scum practice if he wants to be any better at it 😄

6 hours ago, Shade939 said:

This is still a pretty powerful Town setup, and Town should be weakened so it's not as easy to clear Town players.

The only two Town players that couldn't prove their role this game were the missile subs. And even then they could still be targeted by the Sub-Pen.

For next game I will definitely nerf attack subs to have only one time night action instead of 2/10, while having sub pen to replenish it. But otherwise I don't see it a big issue, that's one of the ways town can operate in the setup. If they were unable to confirm players they would be sitting dead in the water.

5 hours ago, ChopBam said:

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

People were scumreading me so much this game I thought I was going to have an aneurysm.

I agree that chop is hard to read, probably more than Orange and Shade even.

6 hours ago, Shade939 said:

My thoughts exactly tbh. Once everyone started proving themselves i knew that neither me or KY can come up with a claim that would even partially clear us out. KY being unable to submerge, pen hauling me would not work. Allies would be unable to win without using Helicarrier - and we failed to summon that twice. We had no idea what would we even benefit from that until Vert wrote about that in scum doc. But that was around the time i sent the surrender post.

13 minutes ago, Alstar said:

My thoughts exactly tbh. Once everyone started proving themselves i knew that neither me or KY can come up with a claim that would even partially clear us out. KY being unable to submerge, pen hauling me would not work. Allies would be unable to win without using Helicarrier - and we failed to summon that twice. We had no idea what would we even benefit from that until Vert wrote about that in scum doc. But that was around the time i sent the surrender post.

Scum getting on chopping block isn't something that is rare, it's happening in every game, thing is if they are able to maneuver out of it. Just want to point out that not every player was confirmed and there was still room to make false claims. The truly bad thing was that both Cruiser and Chronosphere were already gone, which could have been your game-changers. Helicarrier came late but that was expected. You also missed opportunity to Night kill 2 soviet players, and with combined firepower you could have killed one during the night with the cruiser (if you would decide not to bus it but try to push for different lynch). That being said, allies could also open fire during the day with so many confirmed coordinates, but that I suppose could only work if you would reduce the soviet numbers to be even or even after next night phase (firing close before hammer to eliminate a soviet player voting against you for example could also work).

But yeah, winning the game being passive was certainly out of the question given the bad circumstances.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Maybe let the subpen fix up allies or something to throw a wrench in things.

I see nothing wrong that soviets had way of semi-confirming players, especially if there is a certain chance that it would fail (e.g. chronosphere effect, revealing who's who and their coordinates, etc.). Allies always had an option to remove the cleared players, and with the Helicarrier they could have remove the subpen itself.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

I see nothing wrong that soviets had way of semi-confirming players, especially if there is a certain chance that it would fail (e.g. chronosphere effect, revealing who's who and their coordinates, etc.). Allies always had an option to remove the cleared players, and with the Helicarrier they could have remove the subpen itself.

Even beyond confirming, it would be epic lols if the subpen unwittingly repaired a damaged allied though :p

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Even beyond confirming, it would be epic lols if the subpen unwittingly repaired a damaged allied though :p

Maybe that can happen in next game under certain circumstances. :p

But it would be a bitch GM mechanic for sure.

3 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Although if I were in your shoes I would maybe try to risk and push Chop a bit further in order to divert from Jack's lynch. Maybe even a counterclaim for sub pen. Having cruiser surviving at least one more night could mean one confirmed coordinates of a Soviet being the next target during the Night, and perhaps next day Jack wouldn't even be on chopping block depending how things develop.

Gotta be careful with counterclaiming me though. Remember my response to Sunflower's CC last game? While everyone else was entertained by my all-caps, she ended up giving up. :p

3 hours ago, Alstar said:

pen hauling me would not work

The thing though is that you could pretend you're submerged and I wouldn't know the difference unless you opened fire the next day.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, VERTi60 said:

You were not terrible, I suppose you were the only one on the Allied team trying to "do" something during the day. Although if I were in your shoes I would maybe try to risk and push Chop a bit further in order to divert from Jack's lynch. Maybe even a counterclaim for sub pen. Having cruiser surviving at least one more night could mean one confirmed coordinates of a Soviet being the next target during the Night, and perhaps next day Jack wouldn't even be on chopping block depending how things develop.

Problem: Jack was already dead at that point. I was using specifically ChopBam's indecisiveness regarding him to push a case on him. And again, I feel like I did a decent job up until the claim.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, VERTi60 said:

As for KY, well he deserves scum practice if he wants to be any better at it 😄

>implying I enjoy being scum :v