Battle For Dune: War of Assassins BLOG: #131 'Weapons of Assassin'

November Development Update: 'Weapons of Assassins'

Hey guys, it is me again and welcome back to Dev Blog #131 of Battle For Dune: War of Assassins! Last time we covered a great many things, primarily making sure you guys were all caught up on where we are now and where we're going. To continue building on that, in this update we will cover a part of the Arsenal that will be at your disposal soon/tm/. As well as touching on the upcoming Maps that are in progress, and their different variations!

Lastly we have Team Death Match, a brand new Game mode coming to Battle For Dune, yes it sounds damn original, I know right? (Fraydo was supposed to help me out in this part with my sarcasm but he left me alone again) Regardless on my bad taste in sarcasm, I can say it is something we are proud of. So let's get straight to it.

- Note: All weapons, names, tools, features and models are workS in progress and can be subject to change or are placeholders for the moment. Take it with a grain of spice ^^

2018-12-04_22h56_36.png.3ef4006a8131f7dd5e1c281008204db1.png

Somethings, just never change.

Arsenal of an Assassin

After some hard work by your lovely Producer TeamWolf, and past work from former Team Member Venom775. We finally get to show you guys some of the weapons (and with that I really mean just some) and tools you guys will get, while you try to be that One Man Army that never manages to get a kill...oh wait. That is my life story in every FPS... Ever Play Despa... Regardless, check them out!

First on the list is the Slaughterer Mark I, a reliable and accurate for close range combat engagements. the Sub Machine Gun of the Harkonnen. You guys remember that Assault the Harkonnen did on a Heighliner during the Spice War? No? Just me? Hmm, no wonder this gun is known for leaving no enemies alive.

Schermopname (563).png

Something small to kill?

Next up is the Scorcher Firefly, you know when that Atreides date of yours wasn't hot enough, this is how you fix it.

Schermopname (553).png

(Example provided at the bottom)

I never understood the Harkonnen and their love for Pump-Action SHOTGUNS, must be a Giedi Prime thing.

Schermopname (562).png

If your fire enough projectiles at them, how can you miss?

Then you find out your Atreides date was a face dancer so now you are forced to take things up close and personal, with a trusty Machine Pistol. Hey, I don't blame you, priorities did come into play when I chose for House Atreides!

2018-12-04_22h44_48.png.282d8e72cadb1c8557f52d135c6f5e90.png

You always need your trusty sidearm!

Did I ever tell you guys, that the Harkonnen really know how to make sure things go BOOM. Something has to be heard over the roar Chain Gun fire! (Chain Gun isn't a new weapon by us)

2018-12-04_22h42_56.png.2262feae156f71bdf1a0ffba70613049.pngSchermopname (561).png

(House Harkonnen Bazooka and Chain Gun)

Which only helps my House, because they usually also break things as those brainless zealots are used to do. Because of that, they have a lot of things to repair quickly with their Lasher Repair Tool before the Baron visits to inspect their base. (The Repair Tool model is a placeholder model)

Schermopname (555).png

We wanted to make sure the weapons feel authentic, look 'beefy' in a way, while staying original and paying homage to the RTS games. But most importantly, that they feel just right. It's also vital that they play accordingly to how you would expect and giving you that edge in battle when used right. Also, asking of you that extra bit of skill when you push it to its limit. To know you mastered it when you know all it's aspects.

(YES USING A REPAIR TOOL IS ALSO SKILL!) 

With that in mind, we are pushing forward to much more and better things. We hope that you will like them because *SPOILER ALERT* more are coming soon.

The. Spice. Is. The. Directive.

As hinted in the Roadmap already shown in the previous Blog, Team Death Match is coming to Battle For Dune as an official gamemode. But not just as any TDM, but one that does justice to the Spice War and many other conflicts of Dune in greater detail!

To reach that, it was decided that Team Death Match and other game modes would encompass multiple different variants, where everything that ever holds value on the Dunes of Arrakis could be the objective. Maps will also come in different variations, besides the Horde ones to support this design. What combination will be your favourite? A vehicle focused dune sea? Or one of Infantry with Aircraft only? 

No battle will feel the same, no fight will play again after it has drawn it's first fallen water on it's endless sand upon sand.

On top of that an Infantry map to support some of these Objective and gameplay flows specifically is in the works as we speak but more on that another time.

On Caladan, you learn to swim by being thrown into the sea...no really, that's how you learn to swim.That's all for this Blog folks, I hope you guys enjoyed it, I definitely did ^^. Let us know what you think of the upcoming content and features in the comments below. If you have any ideas on what you would like to see next, spam it as well down there, because I told you so.

Have a nice one, thanks for the read and till the next one!

PS: I may or may not have a surprise for you all on some extra details about Weapons of Assassins later down the road, but no promises o/

You know when you spit in someone's face you are upholding the local customs? I tried that, they didn't appreciate it, welp, regardless, the Spice, must, flow.

Follow us at the greatest and latest on Facebook

Stalk us on Twitter @W3DHub

Watch our best fails over on YouTube

Join me and the Impatiently but oh so more hyped community at our Discord

[blurb]Hey guys, it is me again and welcome back to Dev Blog 131 of Battle For Dune: War of Assassins! Last time we covered a great many things, primarily making sure you guys were all caught up on where we are now and where we're going.[/blurb]

21 hours ago, FORCE said:

You know when you spit in someone's face you are upholding the local customs? I tried that, they didn't appreciate it, welp, regardless, the Spice, must, flow.

Next up is the Scorcher Firefly, you know when that Atreides date of yours wasn't hot enough, this is how you fix it.

On Caladan, you learn to swim by being thrown into the sea...no really, that's how you learn to swim.

I love you. No homo.