Shallow Grave  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Remake?

2. 2. "Hypothetical" alternative to Shallow Grave?

6 hours ago, Dghelneshi said:

Afaik it's also currently not possible to have multiple of the same production facility, so good luck getting 15 players onto a single airfield.

The solution is simple. We go in alphabetical order.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, KevinLancaster said:

Since this seems like enough of a general maps suggestions thread, would it be possible to do an air raid map? As the amount of planes available to players on the maps they are present is fairly limited, a map where they are the focus could be interesting. Allies try to defend like in Seamist.

[RA1 AA Gun cutscene]

An assault map based around air raiding is an interesting idea! Could be a neat way to change up the gameplay a bit.

On the subject of air units, it was recently revealed to the public that airplane physics are getting an overhaul. When the new physics are complete, airplanes will handle a bit more closely to other flying games, and be capable of several new types of maneuvers; rolls, loops, etc. With this new system in place, true air-to-air combat may finally become technically possible. Of course, in RA1 airplanes weren't available to Allied players due to balancing and faction-variety, but one thing I'd really like to try out is a special type of Deathmatch map where instead of fighting on foot, you dogfight in planes; Soviet Yaks and Allied "Yak clones" battling it out for 5 minutes or so.

qtu93tA.png

Personally, I think this would make for an interesting experiment and potentially open the possibility of a new kind of gameplay in APB:biggrin: What do you guys think?

Solution: Advanced airfield. As big as ECW's arctic airstrip, all planes spawn in the big hanger, and we reuse the RADAR Dome for the central controller.

I kid, of course. Might be easier to just have "refill strips." Same concept as the refill pad, except we make it by chopping the control tower off of the actual airfield. It's really the only way I can feasibly see a planes-only map working.

Here's a crazy idea: Would we even need airfields in a planes-only map? What if players simply spawned already flying in the plane, similar to War Thunder or WoWP?

12 hours ago, Ice said:

An assault map based around air raiding is an interesting idea! Could be a neat way to change up the gameplay a bit.

On the subject of air units, it was recently revealed to the public that airplane physics are getting an overhaul. When the new physics are complete, airplanes will handle a bit more closely to other flying games, and be capable of several new types of maneuvers; rolls, loops, etc. With this new system in place, true air-to-air combat may finally become technically possible. Of course, in RA1 airplanes weren't available to Allied players due to balancing and faction-variety, but one thing I'd really like to try out is a special type of Deathmatch map where instead of fighting on foot, you dogfight in planes; Soviet Yaks and Allied "Yak clones" battling it out for 5 minutes or so.

qtu93tA.png

Personally, I think this would make for an interesting experiment and potentially open the possibility of a new kind of gameplay in APB:biggrin: What do you guys think?

I can see it kind of as some objective based map, where the Soviets have to destroy a captured airfield before the allies have a chance to analyze the designs or something.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I can see it kind of as some objective based map, where the Soviets have to destroy a captured airfield before the allies have a chance to analyze the designs or something.

Yeah an airfield would be a very important strategic target for both sides, and it would be a top priority for the Soviets to want to recapture/destroy one that the Allies had captured from them; not only would the Allies be denying its use to the Soviets (meaning that Soviet air support could be unavailable, or at least they would need to come from other airfields farther away, hampering response time and overall effectiveness, as well as using more fuel), but they would also be able to use it to repair/refuel their own aircraft (Bf 109's, Fw 190's, Spitfires, etc.) as well as bring in supplies/reinforcements via cargo planes.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, OrangeP47 said:

I actually really like this idea.

omgsh this would be a good freaking idea just add like a village or somthing in the side or middle or somthing but  this is good idea I love the out look of the map just add migs and yaks and stuff and its good beyond me