[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

CVC

Retaliation leads trainer

Shade939 leads rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - No votes

2.  Jeod - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket

3.  Retaliation - Retaliation/trainer, Shade939/rocket

4.  Shade939 - Retaliation/trainer, Shade939/rocket

5.  Sunflower - No votes

6.  Brigitte - No votes

7.  Cat 5 - No votes

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Yeah, I'm not that confident that any better suggestions could be made for day one.

##rocket Shade939

##nominate Retaliation

I think the argument for investigations right now is that we can figure out how they're balanced against fights.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I think the argument for investigations right now is that we can figure out how they're balanced against fights.

The problem would be if whoever we sent to investigate lost their Pokemon to the challenge though.

If they fail the challenge and lose a Pokemon, that's probably not something they can easily recover from, and the only thing we learned is we need to prepare more for the investigations. Which alternatively could also be determined by preparing someone ahead of time, then going on the investigation and figuring out they could pass the challenge.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I have one of my weaker Pokemon as my primary right now. I'm all for seeing what investigation is like before we lose any Pokemon to battles. It would appear to me that Rockets might dislike the idea.

That's still one out of three strikes in that case though.

Just now, Shade939 said:

That's still one out of three strikes in that case though.

I would prefer to see how investigations work and have a 50/50 chance of losing a Pokemon than start a battle right off the bat with zero leads.

Just now, Shade939 said:

What make you think your odds are 50/50 at game start?

It's unknown odds really, so I consider 50/50 as a placeholder. A battle on the other hand is a 100% chance of a player losing a Pokemon, with a slimmer chance said player is a Rocket.

Just now, Jeod said:

It's unknown odds really, so I consider 50/50 as a placeholder. A battle on the other hand is a 100% chance of a player losing a Pokemon, with a slimmer chance said player is a Rocket.

That's part of why the odds of losing a Pokemon to an investigation should be higher than 50/50. My assumption would be Orange expected us to partake in investigation with Pokemon more around level 30, and we'd also have healing items to help them recover from status effects on top of that.

We could possibly have characters with an advantage that improve's there odds of completely an investigation now, but assuming you're only going in with a level 10 Pokemon and no items, it should be a safe bet that you're going to fail the investigation. And I consider that to be rather obvious information that doens't need to be verified, after all a new character isn't going to be ready for most of the encounters in a game until they've actually leveled up some.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

We could possibly have characters with an advantage that improve's there odds of completely an investigation now, but assuming you're only going in with a level 10 Pokemon and no items, it should be a safe bet that you're going to fail the investigation. And I consider that to be rather obvious information that doens't need to be verified, after all a new character isn't going to be ready for most of the encounters in a game until they've actually leveled up some.

Nobody said you have to investigate today. I, on the other hand, would like to.

57 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Fair enough, I'll just keep with the option that I consider more likely to actually benefit Town than the unknown variable.

I'll also note that investigations are not allowed during double battles. Since we don't know the frequency of that, we should conduct the initial investigation asap.

1 minute ago, Brigitte said:

Jeod seems pretty confident in his ability so lets let him do things..

##nominate Jeod 

Do i then do investigate Route 30 if i want to go there or does it send Jeod there?

It would send Jeod.  Only one person can investigate at a time.  If you personally want to go, you'd have to be nominated instead of Jeod.

CVC

Retaliation/Jeod tied for trainer

Shade939 leads rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

5.  Sunflower - No votes

6.  Brigitte - Jeod/trainer

7.  Cat 5 - No votes

Just now, Retaliation said:

I think it's whoever has the most nominate votes interacts with whatever has the most rocket votes. They fight if the rocket vote is a player, or investigate if the rocket vote is a location.

This is basically one way to think about it, if what I say sounds too mechanical.

CVC

Retaliation/Jeod tied for trainer

Shade939/Route 34 tied for rocket

Current Active players

5.  Sunflower - No votes

6.  Brigitte - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket

7.  Cat 5 - No votes

16 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I think it's whoever has the most nominate votes interacts with whatever has the most rocket votes. They fight if the rocket vote is a player, or investigate if the rocket vote is a location.

Yep, that's going to be interesting.

10 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

Was fixing grammar, sorry!

Understandable, but even for that reason unfortunately.  A record of everyone's original statement has to be maintained, or else a sneaky person could quickly erase their slips if they're mafia.