[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

On 12/20/2018 at 10:12 AM, OrangeP47 said:

As another alternative, a location can be investigated.  The way to do this is very similar to how a normal battle nomination proceeds.  A normal trainer must still be nominated. However, instead of nominating a rocket, a location is instead selected to be investigated by the nominated trainer.  An investigation is not to be taken lightly, and the trainer engaging in one should be well prepared.  Starting an investigation for the first time will reveal some details.  If a trainer succeeds in the investigation, they will gain a benefit.  If the trainer fails, the investigation may be attempted again in the future. 

Investigations may not occur on days designated as double battles.

Just going to point out what the GM said here. about investigations.

4 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Just going to point out what the GM said here. about investigations.

Hm...although my pokemon is trollsy, it's probably my 3rd strongest pokemon (maybe 2nd depending on what I'm fighting). That said, good point, I think I'd rather wait a night to train and/or buy some items to better prepare for it.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also on the topic of pokemon in general, I just want to share a new card from the card game that is perhaps the best card ever.  Magikarp best ever.

SM9_EN_161.png

I was going to dispute that as magikarp is not a chicken, but I guess it is the chicken of the sea.

27 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

So i get that like day 1 is pretty boring, but I don't want to keep spamming pictures

What other stuff can we be doing right now?

Not much, really it's just waiting and seeing if anything happens this first day.

Most of the actual constructive stuff happens based on what night actions players use, hence why day one is generally so boring and you can't get much done.

11 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Not much, really it's just waiting and seeing if anything happens this first day.

Most of the actual constructive stuff happens based on what night actions players use, hence why day one is generally so boring and you can't get much done.

Unless somebody says something that'd indicate them as trying too hard to be Town, or to directly give themselves away as Mafia/Third Party - in this case Rocket. For example, in the Jedi game I mentioned that I always wanted to make my own Jedi (which I did), but it seemed a bit forced and my defense on that was a little strong after Cat5 somewhat jokingly pointed out I must be Mafia. So wording can often be used to help catch Scum.

After we play more, we can look back on what people have posted to try and get a better idea of their perception. For example, say two-three players need only one more loss to get taken out of the game. We send one up but another player tries to make sure that specific one doesn't battle. If that one battles, loses, and is then revealed to be Rocket, the person who tried to prevent them from battling is more likely than not Scum. Other than that, lies. If you can catch someone in a lie, they are far more likely Scum than Town (unless it's Cat5, he loves his gambles, it's more a 50/50 with him).

Oh and voting patterns. Although this is a bit different since everyone just battles instead of lynching like normal Mafia.

Of course if you're Scum, you'd be able to use your lack of knowledge to your advantage. Usually new players are less likely to be scum.

tumblr_inline_mhwv1fjLBX1qz4rgp.gif

Aww man. What's with all these punk 12-year-olds everywhere? I'm a salesman, not a baby sitter? Do I really have to deal with this?

8f8.gif

Shade being so loud about not wanting to do an investigation makes me think he should be the one doing it. This mechanic has been expressly laid out as a way to gain information, and Shade is suggesting we stay in the dark about it. We have no idea what it entails and how difficult it will be, but that fact will not change until it has been attempted. Not going for it just leaves us blind for longer. This is a pro-rocket argument.

tumblr_inline_mhv3q8dxJk1qz4rgp.gif

@TheIrishman, you seem to be thinking about the things I do to catch people early on in this game. Must be on your mind for some reason. Are you perhaps a bit concerned that I might catch you again?

10 hours ago, Shade939 said:

And that's precisely the reason why you should shitpost as much as possible during D1. :v (Ok, I'll leave again!)

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

tumblr_inline_mhwv1fjLBX1qz4rgp.gif

Aww man. What's with all these punk 12-year-olds everywhere? I'm a salesman, not a baby sitter? Do I really have to deal with this?

8f8.gif

Shade being so loud about not wanting to do an investigation makes me think he should be the one doing it. This mechanic has been expressly laid out as a way to gain information, and Shade is suggesting we stay in the dark about it. We have no idea what it entails and how difficult it will be, but that fact will not change until it has been attempted. Not going for it just leaves us blind for longer. This is a pro-rocket argument.

tumblr_inline_mhv3q8dxJk1qz4rgp.gif

@TheIrishman, you seem to be thinking about the things I do to catch people early on in this game. Must be on your mind for some reason. Are you perhaps a bit concerned that I might catch you again?

Here's a request for you: I'd like to see you host a The World Ends With You themed game sometime this year. Also, the Kyle persona was so last game.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, OrangeP47 said:

CVC

Retaliation/Jeod tied for trainer

Shade939/Route 34 tied for rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - No votes

2.  Jeod - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket

3.  Retaliation - Retaliation/trainer, Shade939/rocket

4.  Shade939 - Retaliation/trainer, Shade939/rocket

5.  Sunflower - No votes

6.  Brigitte - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket

7.  Cat 5 - No votes

At the moment we have a tie. I'd prefer not to battle (rather investigate), but I will if I must.