[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

@TheIrishman, you seem to be thinking about the things I do to catch people early on in this game. Must be on your mind for some reason. Are you perhaps a bit concerned that I might catch you again?

Not really since there's nothing to catch.

Jeod, you were talking about an analysis between Investigations and Battles.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:12 AM, OrangeP47 said:

As another alternative, a location can be investigated.  The way to do this is very similar to how a normal battle nomination proceeds.  A normal trainer must still be nominated. However, instead of nominating a rocket, a location is instead selected to be investigated by the nominated trainer.  An investigation is not to be taken lightly, and the trainer engaging in one should be well prepared.  Starting an investigation for the first time will reveal some details.  If a trainer succeeds in the investigation, they will gain a benefit.  If the trainer fails, the investigation may be attempted again in the future.

Investigations may not occur on days designated as double battles.

So it sounds like we gain a little bit of info from the investigation regardless if we win or lose. Whether that info is actually helpful if we lose remains to be seen, but I'd venture a guess that it's mostly likely info preparing us for whatever kind of challenge it is, allowing the next player to have a better chance at succeeding.

Orange, just making sure I'm not assuming too much, it says starting an investigation for the first time will reveal some details, does that mean if we succeed in investigating only? Or are those details revealed even if we lose?

From how things are mentioned, the main difference between Investigations and Battles seem to be the rewards to the losses. No matter what in a battle, one or two people will benefit while one or two will not (although I suppose the people who lose also get items but they lose a coin too). As for the Investigation, only one player will benefit or be hurt. If the details revealed only pertain to the challenge itself, it's mostly a loss.

So battles can be better as there will always be some gain, except the gain could go to Rocket.

I disagree. In an investigation, only one player directly benefits or is hurt. But when you take the team into account, we all benefit. The main issue is determining whether the nominated player is lying about their investigation findings, and debating that is in my opinion much less risky than a battle on the first day.

Also now's a good time to say for scheduling purposes, while hammer is 6 pm est, I will begin most actual battle/investigations at 6:30.  This will allow me to make dinner and then sit here for as long as is needed, rather than starting and then having to be interrupted.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I disagree. In an investigation, only one player directly benefits or is hurt. But when you take the team into account, we all benefit. The main issue is determining whether the nominated player is lying about their investigation findings, and debating that is in my opinion much less risky than a battle on the first day.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Simply doing a investigation won't give you a "clue".  You have to win to get that. However, doing the investigation, win or lose, will reveal details about that investigation. It "pulls back the curtain a bit" so to speak.

Is the clue public or private? And now we know for certain that we gain a clue if we win.

I think you're making too many assumption regarding the difficulty of an investigation. We're not supposed to win just by battling. Regardless of a successful investigation, there's still a guarantee of information to be revealed.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I dunno. That's part of what we need to find out. And we'll be asking that question no matter how many phases we wait to try it.

This is a game isn't it? It has rules that everyone follows and are in place to make certain it's actually balanced to each side?

14 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Jeod, are the locations we can pick from all from the game? If so, is the one you picked the earliest you can reach?

I didn't start at any specific location, did you?

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Uh huh. But you don't know how it is balanced, or if indeed it is balanced at all.

It depends on the presence of a NK mainly, which was completely lacking from the last game, but for the most part, I suspect that failing an investigation or a battle should result in the player's Pokemon fainting to keep those two options balanced out vs. each other.