[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

8 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

@Killing_You Were you able to work it in now that it's a new month?

I think so, it doesn't seem to be as taxing as it seems... although granted, I get called in more often than I'm scheduled.

I can join to fill spots, but don't expect a whole lot from me. This will probably end up being the last duel-based setup I do anyway.

Though let me also take the time to say we only have 5 people "fully" signed up right now.  I still need rosters from @Category 5 Hurricane and @Brigitte.  With just 5 people pretty much no amount of tweaking will save the game.  I'm also incredibly busy this week working on job related things so I want to tweak as few things as possible if possible.

30 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

Oh hey,

Confirming, I must provide a moveset with my list of pokedreamteam?

Thanks!

No, just the pokemon, move set will be generated for you, though once the game starts you'll have some control over moves via TMs/HMs and maybe when they level up/evolve, etc.

Received!  Now of the people who committed I just need Cat 5.  I'm sure he'll be along (or Irish can poke him).  Still a few days if those on the fence want to hop on as well!  The closer we get to 10 the less roles I have to cut :P  Though the budget setup can be run with 9.

13 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

And by midnight, I meant after dinner today when I get back from community day.

Though so far I've managed to modify the setup down to 8 players safely, so progress is being made.  If just one more wanted to join that'd be great.

I got my Togekiss yesterday. :v

I'll also announce that I've figured out how to get this setup down to 7 players, but because I'm so tired after community day (was not the best idea to go walking after I injured my foot Thursday) that I'm not gonna start work on the modifications until tomorrow, so if there's any last stragglers you have the rest of the day to join, and the more people the better the setup is still.

So remember when people said they wanted kind of a location based game?  I'm making some last minute changes that might make that a reality.  This is literally an idea I had just now (brought on by realizing there was an error in my notes), but I actually think I can have it ready by tomorrow's start time, AND it'll improve the game a lot and make it more memorable.  Can't say any more right now.

Though there is also another point that I CAN say right now.  I've already mentioned how nights will be a bit more fluid than in a normal mafia game.  I'm going to take this a step further and do some advanced processing on certain night orders, as well as allow continued night action on some night actions during the next day.  Now I know that might sound like a pretty radical change but it's actually not that big a deal.  Here's an example of what I mean.  Say one of your orders is to shop for a held item.  After you confirm your orders (because you can't take it back), I'll go ahead and present you with your shopping list you can pick from, so you can go ahead and decide what item you're buying before the night is up, rather than waiting until day start to present you with your list and having you pick during the next day.  Conversely, the way some actions in this game work and interact with each other, some of you might find yourself confronted with a *choice* to make a day start.  This choice would occur during day time, even though it's technically part of the night actions.  As an example, in your day start PM you might be presented with a note asking you if you'd like to venture down the left path or the right path.  This is technically a consequence of night actions, but I'll give you some time to ponder your decision while the day phase starts.

22 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Edited the main post to include the rules for location investigations in the battle section, as there are highly related.

Well, I like it. I wish we could catch Pokémon in these areas also, but there's definetely a good arguement to have an alternative day action to forcing two trainers to fight each other.

Might be annoying if those two two choices end up interfering with each other though, and basically prevent us from using one of the options, so it doesn't actaully end up effecting game play.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Well, I like it. I wish we could catch Pokémon in these areas also, but there's definetely a good arguement to have an alternative day action to forcing two trainers to fight each other.

Might be annoying if those two two choices end up interfering with each other though, and basically prevent us from using one of the options, so it doesn't actaully end up effecting game play.

It will certainly promote healthy discussion during the day phase, though.  Everyone might need to work a little harder to come up with a plan, which IMO is a good thing.  Even if you fail to come to a consensus and have multiple opposing camps, IMO, that's still valid and a good thing and keeps things interesting.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

It will certainly promote healthy discussion during the day phase, though.  Everyone might need to work a little harder to come up with a plan, which IMO is a good thing.  Even if you fail to come to a consensus and have multiple opposing camps, IMO, that's still valid and a good thing and keeps things interesting.

With the exception of challenging a player which seems to overrule everything else?

Just now, Shade939 said:

With the exception of challenging a player which seems to overrule everything else?

That can still be vetoed though.  And even if say a few people want one specific PVP and another few people want an investigation, some rando comes in with a direct challenge they could unite to veto it.  If a lot of people have a problem with it I can remove direct challenges though.  I know you've expressed concerns about it before, but I'd like to hear from more than just you.