[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Here's the updated Gen II calculator. The current working formula is:

Damage = ((((((2*Level)/5) +2) * Power * Atk/Def) / 50) + 2) * Modifier * Item Boost

Modifier = (Crit(1,2) * STAB * Weather) * Type

Run some experiments with it if you want to be sure everything is being done correctly. Note that I have no clue how Orange intends to calculate stat changes in regards to level, so I did not do this automatically.

PokeMafia Damage Calculator - Gen II.exe

I'll just manually have the other calculator up for actual stat variables I need to use, posted awhile ago.  With this, sometime this weekend (or next week if I'm lazy) I'll add a section about how battles work to the main starter post.

Just a heads up, Cat5 is taking a break so he won't be in this one.

@Alstar

@JackoDerp This game is a bit different from the normal kind, but if you're interested in Pokemon, it's worth a shot.

@VERTi60

@FRAYDO

@Killing_You I understand if you're not able to join, but you'll be missed man.

@Chaos_Knight

@iLikeToSnipe

@Voe

@kamuixmod

@Mojoman

@Nodlied I know you hate anime and there's almost not a chance in hell of you joining, but thought I'd try.

@ChopBam

Oh, I don't really give a shit about Pokémon being anime or not. I also joined the Debtnote game. :v 

However, I have some important things coming up in January so I'll be sitting this one out.

Yeah, sorry, I'm gonna sit this one out. Work's going to pick up, I've probably got a bunch of filming to do soon, and if I'm being honest, I don't think I'm really a fan of duel-based setups. I'll still be able to chat with dead people, and provide running commentary on the game. It's good to know that I'm valued as a mafia player, though!

8 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

We could push this back to Februrary even if needed.

I guess that that could work. However, I still don't know when I'm ''done'' being busy due to a lot of uncertainty coming up soon.

This will officially be pushed back to February, so hopefully people are less busy then.  I'll also get up the more forgiving battle rules that should allow people to participate more easily which could sway some, been distracted with the holiday (sale) so my bad.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

I can run a mini for this month. Is anyone interested in another round of Cop Mafia (4 cops, 1 scum)?

Sorry lad, no can't do. It's do or die time this month, and even when it's do (or die), I'll be very busy the upcoming weeks/months after that. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

On a random note, went over to a friend's yesterday and saw the game Werewolf which apparently goes up to 75 players. First time I'd seen a mafia game outside of the forum. Thought I'd share, though there's only a few roles that we haven't used yet.

IMG_5409.JPG

One of my favorite party games is Resistance: Avalon. Has some interesting concepts for a mafia game. For example, town has a cop who knows every member of the mafia. However, mafia have a chance to pick an assassination target at the end of the game. If they pick the cop they win the game.

Considering a forum game based on it, but I don't have the time right now.

9 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

For example, town has a cop who knows every member of the mafia.

Afaik we had few games with this mechanic (for example the pony mafia that was hosted on BHP forums), and it wasn't very good role (in fact it kinda ruined it for mafia I was part in).

2 hours ago, Sunflower said:

Welcome to the forum!

+1

17 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

On a random note, went over to a friend's yesterday and saw the game Werewolf which apparently goes up to 75 players. First time I'd seen a mafia game outside of the forum. Thought I'd share, though there's only a few roles that we haven't used yet.

IMG_5409.JPG

Now I remembered that I wanted to host a Vampire/Werewolf Mafia hybrid forum game based on Underworld Saga, but it didn't get enough votes/attention.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:34 PM, OrangeP47 said:

We could push this back to Februrary even if needed.

I will be sorting out my situation regarding new work opportunities, maybe even moving. I might have time for short games but probably not a lot for forum game and duels.

3 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Afaik we had few games with this mechanic (for example the pony mafia that was hosted on BHP forums), and it wasn't very good role (in fact it kinda ruined it for mafia I was part in).

Was it a standard lynch day/night cycle?

Avalon is a bit different, no killing during the game and you have missions you have to pass as town or fail as mafia. Once you have X amount pass/fail a winner is determined. So you have to figure out who failed a mission, who to send on missions, etc. Has several layers of voting, turns for picking missions, and other interesting mechanics. If you have enough players you'd also have a godfather role that the cop doesn't know about.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

I will be sorting out my situation regarding new work opportunities, maybe even moving. I might have time for short games but probably not a lot for forum game and duels.

I could revise the game.  However, that would create a lot of uncertainty so I can't really comment.  I'll look into the possibility.

That said, I've been being lazy and haven't worked it up/posted it, but I'm planning on letting the actual fighting be a lot more "hands off", which would take pressure off the players when it comes to battling.  Things like designating a proxy, flexible duel times, extended nights, etc.  But like I said, I haven't hammered out the details because I've been being lazy (and got a ton of video games for Christmas), but I assure you I'm doing my best to remove a lot of the pain of battling.

7 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Was it a standard lynch day/night cycle?

Yes it had, though that's not the point. If someone is spoiled by something as important the game gets spoiled as well at some point. Maybe the difference is how fast the game is run and what you have to do to get it completed rather than the basic mechanics of it.

7 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Avalon is a bit different, no killing during the game and you have missions you have to pass as town or fail as mafia. Once you have X amount pass/fail a winner is determined. So you have to figure out who failed a mission, who to send on missions, etc. Has several layers of voting, turns for picking missions, and other interesting mechanics. If you have enough players you'd also have a godfather role that the cop doesn't know about.

However it would be interesting to have a game with no killing and instead focused on objectives/tasks/ and possible outcomes with a chance of back-stabs/sabotage and plotting. In fact, my political mafia concept was revolving around that idea .

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

But like I said, I haven't hammered out the details because I've been being lazy (and got a ton of video games for Christmas)

Same here, been playing crossout recently a lot with some buddies and thus filling my free time with nonsence :p

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

However it would be interesting to have a game with no killing and instead focused on objectives/tasks/ and possible outcomes with a chance of back-stabs/sabotage and plotting. In fact, my political mafia concept was revolving around that idea .

To be fair Nodlied's game seemed like it was *supposed* to work that way.... we just eventually got fed up and decided to go Committee of Public Safety on all the other factions :p

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Same here, been playing crossout recently a lot with some buddies and thus filling my free time with nonsence :p

I have a grand total of 5 things you could classify as new video games from Christmas, some of which I've not even installed yet, and I have the capital to buy more (though I probably won't), and I'm also suddenly obsessed with some older games too.