Missing files for IA

ganein14

For some reason, there are new files on the server, but the W3D launcher won't download them. It only says that it fails to download them and nothing more. Also, there is no local file created that the launcher can find and open up. I don't know if this applies to others, but if so, I'd like it to be known. If not, then I'd like to know how I fucked something up without doing anything to it.

C:\Program Files (x86)W3D Hub\games\ia-release\game.exe

I think you may be clicking on the User Data Folder link within the launcher which, yes, does throw a "Directory does not exist" error. That;s something @dblaney1 or whoever is in charge of the launcher will have to look at. Maybe @Pushwall. Coincidentally, the same issue occurs for TSR. The APB link leads to the Documents folder instead of the Installation folder.

Yup, that's it. I went to my Documents folder and created two folders for each game, ia and tsr, and the User Data Folder links now work for both of them.

Anyway, @ganein14, try going to the installation directory I wrote above and run the game as admin from there.

image.thumb.png.98ef53ec86a6fa56ad221b5c3dfa2b56.png

Sorry for the delay, was apart of the Centurylink outage. No, running the game.exe itself as admin fixes nothing. Either through the launcher or the game itself. I can play it in LAN mode just fine, its connecting to the servers itself is the problem

Please upload a copy of the errors.log and diagnostics.log files from the Documents/W3D Hub/Launcher folder

It's normal for the user data folder to NOT exist until you've launched the game for the first time and, in the case of IA, that link is probably wrong since IA puts the user data files in the install folder rather than in My Documents (and the launcher currently doesn't check for that when generating the user data folder link). As such, the error from that link is a red herring and can be ignored.

(Just for reference, what the launcher calls the User Data Folder is not, and is not intended to be, the installation folder. It's the place where screenshots, chat logs etc go and for most games this is indeed in My Documents, but since IA sets the 'useRenFolder' flag to true it's user data files actually do go into the installation folder)

I've created the following two issues based on the confusion over the user data folder;

https://gitlab.com/w3dhub/w3dhub-launcher-net/issues/79
https://gitlab.com/w3dhub/w3dhub-launcher-net/issues/80  

There is also an existing issue for adding a link to the actual installation directory

https://gitlab.com/w3dhub/w3dhub-launcher-net/issues/77