Tiberian Dawn: Ground Zero Official Announcement

FRAYDO

YES YES YES YEEESSSSS this kind of sounds like a renagade 2 remake or somthing and that commando looks like logan please keep him I would have loved logan to be a main commando, havoc just looks like that autistic 90's kid and his hair looks almost like Andy's hair from toy story two. question one is this a stand alone or a renegade re-make or is this just like a normal  renagade stand alone game. question 2 will there be weapons that were supposedly in the early versions renegade but were taken out for an unknown reason question 3 will all the vehicals look like its actuel appearance in tib dawn, because in the final version of renegade some vehicals did not look like it came from tib dawn, witch frustrated me and it still does to this day like why does the Nod buggy, look like somthing straight out of mad max, and why does the apc remind me of a mad max version of a fat mini van I forgot the name of, and why does the light tank look like some sort of future-istic slash mad max type vehical when it was the 90's when this all went down, when in reality, Nod used like many different versions of the m2 Bradley and why does the Abrams tank for gdi look so cheap why do,  the harvesters look like somthing out of mad max there so many things wrong about the art of the game witch is why this concerns me the most: Now I like the  flame tank and the harvester and Logan may need bit of a touch but he looks good even then he still looks cool; but over all the game looks amazing I would love to see this new project come to life and well maybe we will get a game some time in 2020 I'm guessing maybe 2021 idk I'm just pulling numbers out but dang this game looks soo dang good, it looks kind of better than interim apex I mean I'm sorry but this it looks a lot smoother like look at the harvester it looks so smooth and I would love to see like a flame tank skin from that one cutscene were it flames a town and the colors are yellow and it has the testing symbol on the sides and front; that I would love to see but I digress I love this game it looks so good I hope you complete this project and I never knew you guys had so many canned projects man but still this looks like it will be a success keep dooing what you guys do best and make renegade great again 

6 minutes ago, delta said:

Is this the same as that one Tiberian Dawn mod that was announced a while back, but then got canceled?

No, it's a new project.

4 hours ago, thedisclaimitory said:

question one is this a stand alone or a renegade re-make or is this just like a normal  renagade stand alone game.

Like the other W3D projects, this will be a standalone multiplayer game.

question 2 will there be weapons that were supposedly in the early versions renegade but were taken out for an unknown reason

No, this game won't be drawing from Renegade.

question 3 will all the vehicals look like its actuel appearance in tib dawn, because in the final version of renegade some vehicals did not look like it came from tib dawn, witch frustrated me and it still does to this day like why does the Nod buggy...

Yes. Visual accuracy to Tiberian Dawn is one of our goals.

Edited by Killing_You
Just saw disclaimitory's post

Good to see a new project kick off. I had no idea you guys were planning on trying something yourselves!

I hope you keep it achievable for a two man team. By the looks of it you aren't going to need a lot of new game logic so that's at least something, but you are looking at a lot of new artwork to handle all these units!

4 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Yes. Visual accuracy to Tiberian Dawn is one of our goals.

In terms of visuals, are the environment screenshots an indication of your aesthetic direction, or is it still something you're planning to determine?

5 hours ago, Raap said:

In terms of visuals, are the environment screenshots an indication of your aesthetic direction, or is it still something you're planning to determine?

Environmentally speaking, this isn't final at all.

Oh yeah, will this mod be sticking to in-game units only or will cutscene units be added as well?

Also I'm assuming the artillery and MLRS will actually be able to function as siege units, unlike in TD?

2 minutes ago, delta said:

Oh yeah, will this mod be sticking to in-game units only or will cutscene units be added as well?

First release (and the base roster) will be sticking to ingame units, with one exception (the Medic). Cutscene units and things like the cut Microwave Tank and the X-O Powersuit will be extras added post-release.

2 minutes ago, delta said:

Also I'm assuming the artillery and MLRS will actually be able to function as siege units, unlike in TD?

Yes, that is the role they will play.

6 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

I like the idea of infantry by class. As you add tanks they should be with the same theme. All around tanks, artillery/anti tank, infantry support/denighal, and auxiliary/support/harvester.

simple formula, simple gameplay, simply fun.

Vehicles won't be balanced quite the same way as infantry, however we will be keeping to a defined role scheme.

6 hours ago, SilverShark said:

Regarding tanks, is the Light Tank still going to be an upgunned IFV, or given a proper light tank model? Maybe GDI could get the M2 IFV since they use it in cutscenes?

Short answer is, the Light Tank will still be an M2 Bradley with a 75mm cannon, and it won't be given to GDI. Details will follow in a later blog.

7 minutes ago, GraYaSDF said:

I talked to one of our admins on russian C&C-series forums, they posted a news about your new standalone project. This game looks promising.

Thank you!

Once we get an update subforum, I will be opening a Q&A thread. I request that any further questions be reserved for that thread. Thank you all for your support and understanding!

wait what I thought gdi had an m2 Bradley in the cutscene's of TD maybe it was to be seen or represented as an apc because I think both Nod and gdi had an apc in TD and idk why they did this maybe it was to resent it as an apc instead of a battle vehicle because as we know the m2 Bradley was not just the main fighting vehicle of Nod and just refitted with a 75mm gun and or a 30mm squeeze bore maybe im just thinking of what they might have done to a tank/apc but it was an armed apc with 2 tow missile launcher's: but anyway; I digress; heres my next question: will the rocket soilder actuely have like a realistic looking rocket launcher instead of that of a waist held rocket launcher because in renegade the rocket launcher looks like a cannon but its a rocket launcher it fires rockets, right and that to me, just dint look like a rocket launcher it looked like I was firing a hand held cannon like a hand cannon unless the rocket launcher is firing a tank shell rocket like an atgm  then it would make more sence as to why it looks like a cannon 

Edited by thedisclaimitory
reworded some things

23 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Short answer is, the Light Tank will still be an M2 Bradley with a 75mm cannon, and it won't be given to GDI. Details will follow in a later blog.

Have you guys already gone to the trouble of creating the model? If not, I think I'd prefer it to be an "actual" tank as well .