Tiberian Dawn: Ground Zero Official Q&A Thread!

5 hours ago, Metaridley said:

building design question

will be both power plants in the game? (normal and advanced) - in my mind for a artistic touch, a normal power plant in a little base would make sense for only power up barracks, vehicle production and a few smaller buildings like SD or ore silo.

so for big bases with extra buildings like CY, radar, super weapon and lot more defenses a advanced PP would make sense. in addition to these arguments, the A.PP don't take more space as the A.PP from APB/RA1

Honestly, that's a bit undecided. There's not much difference design wise between the two, so we could theoretically go with the design you mentioned (PP for small base, APP for large) without much issue. I will say that the APP might not be in the first release, but I'd like to eventually have it for variety.

5 hours ago, Metaridley said:

(but APB, give me the A.PP back, i miss it!)

Agreed. If APB doesn't, we'll have it as a prop somewhere.

12 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Agreed. If APB doesn't, we'll have it as a prop somewhere.

I would love to see a map or two have old abandoned or destroyed Allied or Soviet bases, like how in Tiberian Sun we saw old Tiberian Dawn bases. It’s so cool!

3 hours ago, NodGuy said:

I would love to see a map or two have old abandoned or destroyed Allied or Soviet bases, like how in Tiberian Sun we saw old Tiberian Dawn bases. It’s so cool!

Have you Played the new Winter Assault on Interim Apex. It takes place on the ruins of an old Allied Base. 

Just for clarity. Is this going to be leaning towards a 

- PUBG 

- APB

- Sole Survivor

or

- Battle Field

type of gameplay? From what I'm reading it is going to be a combo of some of these but I am still trying to understand which it's leaning more towards. Or is this going to be a completely new type of FPS gameplay? 

1 hour ago, Threve said:

- PUBG 

- APB

- Sole Survivor

or

- Battle Field

type of gameplay? From what I'm reading it is going to be a combo of some of these but I am still trying to understand which it's leaning more towards. Or is this going to be a completely new type of FPS gameplay? 

I can't exactly say for sure. We want to make something that leans towards teamwork and strategy, but paced somewhat slower. Kind of like a classic Tom Clancy game, but with vehicles and set in the C&C Universe. That's not to say that APB style mega tank rushes and intense combat won't happen, they just won't be the focus. And, of course, I'm speaking in generalities in case we need to tweak things down the line.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, NodGuy said:

Remains of abandoned/destroyed bases are certainly a possibility! One of the things I really want to do in GZ is feature a lot of "reminders" of GWWII, much like how the real world has random WWI/WWII relics being found every so often. Some of these would be more subtle than others; An abandoned Allied Pillbox overgrown with moss, a long-dead Soviet Heavy Tank half-sunk in a swamp, a monument in a village dedicated to the Allied soldiers, an old Light Tank as a museum piece, stuff like that.

Imagine you're sneaking through a forest in some obscure corner of the map, and you come across something like this:

78_big.jpg

Image result for wwii pillbox

Or this:

hqdefault.jpg

depositphotos_18020267-stock-video-t-34-

These are the kinds of things I want to feature a lot on maps whenever it makes sense; Subtle homages to RA1/APB, and reminders of the war that devastated the world 40 years before GZ's time.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:46 PM, Threve said:

- PUBG 

- APB

- Sole Survivor

or

- Battle Field

On 1/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, Killing_You said:

I can't exactly say for sure. We want to make something that leans towards teamwork and strategy, but paced somewhat slower. Kind of like a classic Tom Clancy game, but with vehicles and set in the C&C Universe. That's not to say that APB style mega tank rushes and intense combat won't happen, they just won't be the focus. And, of course, I'm speaking in generalities in case we need to tweak things down the line.

Building on what Killing_You said, we want to offer something a bit different from the other W3D titles, and are intending for GZ's gameplay to be a bit more tactical and less "spammy". What exactly this entails is still largely up for debate, but in general you can expect longer combat ranges (likely up to several hundred metres!), more realistic (to an extent) weapons/vehicle handling (damage/RoF/reload speed, ballistics & shell drop, APB-style first-person vehicle cameras instead of the usual third-person ones, that sort of thing), and more "high risk, high reward" gameplay. Your decisions will play a larger part on the outcome of the battle, and you'll want to carefully consider what sort of equipment you bring to the fight, and what you spend your credits on; For example, a tank could be an excellent investment in an open environment where it can shoot at enemies 300 or even 400 metres away, but could be a liability in an urban environment where enemy Rocket Soldiers could very easily ambush it, and the terrain will play a big factor in what weapons/vehicles/tactics work best.

PR6SgVN.jpg

Of course, as Killing_You said, large-scale classic tank rushes can certainly still happen; They just won't necessarily be the most effective tactic in every scenario. While tanks can be devastating in open country where they can fully take advantage of their long-range cannons, tanks tend to do poorly in heavy forest or in urban areas due to the limited mobility those kinds of areas impose, and the large potential for ambushes. In these sorts of environments, infantry and even light vehicles could very well have the advantage over tanks and other more cumbersome vehicles, even though the tanks may be significantly more powerful "on paper".

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, Ice said:

While tanks can be devastating in open country where they can fully take advantage of their long-range cannons

Isn't that kind of a moot point when tanks can't hurt infantry much to begin with? Or are you departing from that particular C&C "rule"?

Edited by delta

31 minutes ago, delta said:

Isn't that kind of a moot point when tanks can't hurt infantry much to begin with? Or are you departing from that particular C&C "rule"?

Well, yes and no. Landing a direct hit on an infantry with a tank is going to hurt real bad, but it won't exactly be easy to land that hit. Especially in an urban or heavily forested environment, where infantry and light vehicles can make better use of cover. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:10 AM, cncfan59 said:

Yeah um one question what the heck is Tiberian dawn ground zero?

Tiberian Dawn: Ground Zero is an upcoming first person tactical shooter, built on the W3D Engine, much like the other projects from W3D Hub. Check out the development updates to get a better idea of how the game will be: https://w3dhub.com/forum/forum/230-tiberian-dawn-ground-zero/