Mammoth Tank Killtime Survey

OWA

Hi guys. I have a question for you.

I'm trying to understand the way that the original Red Alert works and I want to know something.

"On the medium speed setting of the game, how long does it take for a Mammoth Tank to kill another a Mammoth Tank in seconds?"

I'm currently working on visualising the balance data from RA1 and am using the Mammoth Tank as my control group. I would like to know how long (in seconds) Mammoth Tank A takes to kill Mammoth Tank B if Mammoth Tank A force fires on Mammoth Tank B from this position:

image.png

I'm want to know this because I want to know whether my own control is accurate, or whether the Medium speed setting varies from player to player.

To do this, just load a skirmish game of Red Alert as Soviets with lots of starting units and get your Mammoth Tank to fire on another using the force-fire command (Ctrl+LMB). You can get Red Alert from https://cncnet.org/red-alert

Cheers!

Tested it once for ya, came up with 26:33. Though I manually timed it by using my cellphone.

EDIT: I did not have any space  between the mammoths during that first test. I retested with 1 space between them like in your screenshot, and I came up with 26:50. Again, manual timing.

The difference with Dghelneshi could offcourse be caused by the timing of the exact moment we start and stop timing (I've tried to start as I click to start the force fire, and stop when the final shot lands and Mammoth B's explosion begins)

Edited by GaryOak