Hello! Where to start?

Mesosoi

Hello!

I want to warn you right away that my knowledge of English is low, so I use an online translator to compose this text.

To begin with, I’ve heard a lot about your community, but I’ve always been from the outside. However, I want to become a member of W3dHub, so I compiled this text.

My name is Nikolay, I am from Russia, I play in Renegade approximately since 2009 (maybe sooner or later - at that time I was still a child), I play at the amateur level (I do not attend tournaments). Mostly played on MPF, but due to internal problems I practically don’t visit him (yes, to whom it is addressed - he will understand), he even once managed to found a project called UltimateBattles, which died safely about a month ago, although before that the project was closed twice and opened twice.

I know that there are players with whom I already know - MPF, UB players, etc. I am already familiar with you, especially with the MPF moderators, who have a pronounced watchman syndrome.

Well, I'm not talking about that. I repeat, I am writing this to meet you.

I am still writing this text, but I already had an early question: “where to start?"

Everybody took their first steps once...

Start with downloading the W3D-Hub Launcher and choose a game you will like. As Renegade player you will find into the gameplay pretty fast.

And always ask if something bothers you.

Hey, welcome to the community! @FRAYDO is probably the best man to talk to about getting more involved, but for starters we have an active Discord channel. The game servers will appear empty a lot, but we host game nights on weekends where they can reach up to 20-30 players in a server.

You will want to download the W3D Hub Launcher, for sure. See you ingame!

Привет, добро пожаловать в сообщество! @FRAYDO, вероятно, лучший человек, с которым можно поговорить о более активном участии, но для начала у нас есть активный канал Discord. Игровые серверы будут казаться пустыми, но мы проводим игровые вечера по выходным, где на сервере может находиться до 20-30 игроков.

Вам наверняка захочется скачать W3D Hub Launcher. Увидимся в игре!

Step 1. Download the W3DHub Launcher.

Step 2. Install ECW and Interim Apex (because people usually play that)

Step 3. Get bullied by Testament and Co. (they dont actually bully you, its just how they show their love)

Step 4. Meet Fraydo and Jeod, then become a filthy weeb.

Step 5. enjoy the W3D Experience.

Edit: I forgot to mention, always punch the deer and cats in ECW.

Edited by MPRA2

On 2/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, Mesosoi said:

I play in Renegade approximately since 2009

Highly recommended you download and play Interim Apex. It is exactly like Renegade except with about +90 more each of tanks, Planes, Battleships/Boats and Weapons. It is how Renegade should have been and is highly enjoyable especially with the high player count recently.

ECW is a very good game for single and multiplayer. If no one is playing online it isn't a problem. Also if you'd like some help getting started feel free to check out my guide.

Until then, stay a while and I'll see you in-game. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:21 PM, Mesosoi said:

Hello! My name is Nikolay, I am from Russia, I play in Renegade approximately since 2009 (maybe sooner or later - at that time I was still a child), I play at the amateur level (I do not attend tournaments). Mostly played on MPF, but due to internal problems I practically don’t visit him (yes, to whom it is addressed - he will understand), he even once managed to found a project called UltimateBattles, which died safely about a month ago, although before that the project was closed twice and opened twice.

You are not alone, tovarisch)) I also know Andrey from UltimateBattles, we were configuring some sort of server plugins to run them on TT FDS 4.6, I as a programmer was busy to compile those for UB. It is sad to know that any of my work for UB was a waste of time, but it totally worth it, you know))

On 2/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, GraYaSDF said:

You are not alone, tovarisch)) I also know Andrey from UltimateBattles, we were configuring some sort of server plugins to run them on TT FDS 4.6, I as a programmer was busy to compile those for UB. It is sad to know that any of my work for UB was a waste of time, but it totally worth it, you know))

What is this ultimatebattles thing? It sounds cool, maybe we could revisit it?

58 minutes ago, moonsense715 said:

What is this ultimatebattles thing?

I do not know much about it, but I visited once, for me it was just a regular Renegade server, maybe with some changes. Andrey approached me in VK when I was there, and asked me to compile server plugins for his server, at that time I was making instructions for russian people about how to setup the latest TT FDS. I accepted the job, and compiled server plugins for him, just because I still have a separate folder full of projects and setups so it was quick to connect with me and get those server files in return.

On 2/21/2019 at 4:43 PM, moonsense715 said:

What is this ultimatebattles thing? It sounds cool, maybe we could revisit it?

Well, ultimatebattles was a CnC Renegade server, it's closed in January because of problems in team, and, to be honestly, because of 0 profit too.

But, UB was a great experience, especially from July 2018 to September 2018.

I used word "safely died", I mean closed. Translation problems. ;-)

Did it have any special features or was it just regular CnC mode?

I used to run a DM server way, way, way back in the day running a whole heap of custom DM maps (haunted house, area 51, carnage club, etc) - but in the days before the TT ingame downloader it was hard to keep player counts up since people would drop out when it hit a map they didn't have.

It was an AOW server with our own scripts, but most of scripts was totally bad and low quality scripts was too a reason of closing. On UB you may play DM between AOW maps, some of DM maps was our own, and, again, low quality, to be honestly.

We, especially I wanted to start Co-Op server, but I thought no one will play this. Only now I realized: it was a ticket to a better way. Also I wanted to make fun-mode server, but I am not a programmer and cannot create plugins and scripts alone, at the time when I wanted to make fun-mode server, problems in team started, and this problems continuous now, after project close. Well don't want to chat about team, I can say that in team was just 2 normal people, others didn't anything I want. Sad, but true...

Sorry for bad English.

58 minutes ago, danpaul88 said:

Did it have any special features or was it just regular CnC mode?

I used to run a DM server way, way, way back in the day running a whole heap of custom DM maps (haunted house, area 51, carnage club, etc) - but in the days before the TT ingame downloader it was hard to keep player counts up since people would drop out when it hit a map they didn't have.

Sorry forgot to ping you to send notification.