Doesn't make sense

Cjx0r

These are just a handful of in-game stats that literally don't make sense. Figured I'd ((((post)))) and get some feedback to why they are the way they are.

why can mutants heal themselves?

-Mutants are trash units to begin with by why give them tiberium based weapons that they can use to heal themselves? After changing the visceroid thing so they don't heal mutants, why do they still have weapons they can just use to heal themselves anyway?

why does a stinger have limited range and why does an AT rocket out range a stinger missile?

-not even bringing up the difference between a rocket and a missile; you guys do realize stingers have like 10x range over AT rockets right?

why can a banshee out range AA defences and why can infantry out range base defences?

-I never understood the reasoning behind why lots of vehicles (excluding something like artillery) can out range base defences to the point that they can be picked off without any effort. Why even have the base defences in the first place? 

why can EMP grenades disable drive trains AND firing systems?

-Pick 1, I mean it's not like an EMP affects combustion engines anyway. I'll give you aircraft but idk why my tank is affected by an EMP grenade..

why do a few ob guns spawn at the start of the map?

-You put a 3 minute timer on these things like they are overpowered but then hand them out of like candy at the start of the map. Why?

Combustion engines have electrical systems. What do you think spark plugs are. Banshees definitely do not outrange any of the AA defenses. Its not even close, the AA defenses have nearly twice the range. They must be using one of the blind spots. The Ob Gun thing I do want to make a delayed spawner. As far as mutants go the heal rate is substantially reduced. 

23 minutes ago, Cjx0r said:

Lol that's not how they work

Lol thats exactly how they work.

No power = no run. Modern day, with the exception of simple (definitely not military-grade) engines that rely on a mechanical distributor instead of a set of sensors and a ECM, everything you're going to find in both gasoline and diesel engines has a computer or multiple computers that are necessary for the basic function of "running". And that doesn't include other stuff like the gauges, automatic transmission behavior, every other system on the vehicle, each of which likely has its own dedicated computer module. Modern stuff has computers everywhere, so unless this is a 1953 M38A2 or such like, an EMP will definitely kill it. At least until a knowledgeable-enough mechanic gets ahold of it.

Did a quick google search since this sparked my curiousity, and I found this: https://www.futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html

The TL;DR version appears to be that EMPs can turn off normal vehicle engines, but they're not likely to cause permanent damage. I definitely recommend reading, though, as it's rather interesting.

I've also come to have a problem with how the defenses can't really defend themselves or the base they surround. I can understand units like the H/MRLS, howitzers, and such being able to out range base defenses. But when units like the Sheridan, ADATS, Infrared, and Stritzvagn can out range them and even the AGT/OB, the pinnacles of base defense, I begin to question why have them. 

Also on the topic of EMP grenades. I have noticed that the EMP effect from the crates disables movement, but allows the tanks to fire and defend themselves. Whereas the EMP grenade completely shuts down the tank, leaving it unable to move or defend itself. And just how many units have access to said grenades right from the start of their purchase over how often an EMP crate happens?

13 hours ago, Cjx0r said:

-Mutants are trash units to begin with by why give them tiberium based weapons that they can use to heal themselves? After changing the visceroid thing so they don't heal mutants, why do they still have weapons they can just use to heal themselves anyway?

You see that Mutants I wanted to give them Tiberium Base damage. However, a projectile that has an explosion ( Tiberium ) which when shooting on the ground and that explosion radius touches you hence which it does heal you. Unfortunately I cannot rectify all these with the current armor.ini.

why does a stinger have limited range and why does an AT rocket out range a stinger missile?

-not even bringing up the difference between a rocket and a missile; you guys do realize stingers have like 10x range over AT rockets right?

Not sure how are you see Stinger range is shorter than AT, Stinger as a range beyond 180++ meter upon upgrade with improved heavy weaponry stinger range has increase to 260+ meter

At4 has about 100 meter

Rocket Soldier has about 150 meter+

Carl Gustav Rifle range is about 150 meter

The only weapon that is slightly out range Stinger is yet to be add in, which are FGM-148 Javelin and HJ-12 Red Arrow.

Do note I am using Renegade in game Meter ( I presumed is meter value ) system which is different from reality.

why can a banshee out range AA defences and why can infantry out range base defences?

-I never understood the reasoning behind why lots of vehicles (excluding something like artillery) can out range base defences to the point that they can be picked off without any effort. Why even have the base defences in the first place?

All AA Base defenses outrange all aircraft firing range, before aircraft can come into attacking range the AA Base defenses already firing at you. There are some  spots and technique you can fire from blind spot or trick a certain base defenses to shoot all is ammo while reloading it will be hit by attacker aircraft.

Some vehicles do out range base defenses only by a narrow. Sometimes is a blind-spot preventing it from firing on enemy.

Defenses in place is to stop enemy in the track before reaching your base, they serve as an early to mid game deterrence for the attacking force. Such as early rush, or enemy is making mistakes that cannot be easily forgiven ( such as fail rush or exit from a APC not near to enemy building to enter ).

Some infantry can out range base defense due to the fact they are smaller than vehicles and second is for the purpose of making infantry role better. Renegade is a Tank Game and losing Vehicle Production means is game over most of the time. I want to make that gap lower that Renegade is not all about Tank Game.

-You put a 3 minute timer on these things like they are overpowered but then hand them out of like candy at the start of the map. Why?

Now originally this obelisk gun was meant for the emergency backup. I used to put a few in the maps for each side of the base where if they are being besiege and losing they use this to bring them back. However, instead of defensive purpose player exploit and use this on the offensive. The whole idea was to break out of your besiege base.

Now since there are more options obelisk gun still play a role, I and Dblaney can take a look into it how to properly adjust is spawn.

Well if you play many other games or watch countless films block buster you can see EMP does turn off and shut down vehicle. Ranging from Battlefield series to Fast and Furious and from Marvels/DC universe films. And where did all this thing come from? Reference of the reality thing of EMP. To further solidify my claim I would like to add that Interim Apex is part of C&C Universe or you can say based off it, and here are three of the reference regarding how EMP work.

and take a look at Tiberium War Shockwave Artillery which is also another EMP ability.

https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Shockwave_artillery

Generals Zero Hourr Alexis Alexander of USA Super Weapon General

https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/EMP_Patriot_system

Her Patriot Missiles are all equipped with EMP explosion, that shut down all any vehicles that was in the explosion radius.

I hope this answers your question