[GAME OVER] Marvel Endgame Mafia

Jeod

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I don't mind posting it again as it's something that deserves to be said more than once.

On 11/12/2018 at 5:04 PM, TheIrishman said:
Stan Lee will be sorely missed... *takes hat off for respect* To some he was a hero, an icon, and a legend. To me he was better than any hero, he in fact made them! He was able to capture the charm of childhood dreams and aspirations to be better, to be something more, and turned that into something for everyone to look up to. But he also didn't shy away from the flaws that everyone, even heroes, would inevitably have to try and overcome. He taught many of us, indirectly, valuable life lessons but more importantly is how much joy and general fun he brought to the world with his creations, helping making it a little better place. Next CYOR I'm gonna be something Marvel related, remind me in case I forget.

For some reason I can't paste a quote on mobile. Although I didn't specifically say Stan Lee, that was the intention.

So much talk 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Just now, Shade939 said:

Soul stone isn't it?

Is there some kind of official reference as to what the stones do in the marvel universe, because I honestly have no clue where to start but would like to know more.

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Is there some kind of official reference as to what the stones do in the marvel universe, because I honestly have no clue where to start but would like to know more.

Here's the names for all of them, but you'll have to guess how the GM interpreted their use. 

Soul

Time

Power

Time

Reality 

Mind

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Here's the names for all of them, but you'll have to guess how the GM interpreted their use. 

Soul

Time

Power

Time

Reality 

Mind

That doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know :p

13 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

I'll stand by my vote unless something drastic happens. At the very least we'll get useful information, at most we'll turn Irish into some sort of immortal super-being.

We'd easily get more useful information by leaving everyone alive at this point, and they could still use their abilities to get us even more information rather than a one time possible alignment reveal today.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

We'd easily get more useful information by leaving everyone alive at this point, and they could still use their abilities to get us even more information rather than a one time possible alignment reveal today.

This is one of the main reasons why we normally don't lynch D1 as of late, but who knows for this game.

Worst case scenarios with 2 scum (as long as only one person dies per phase, and ignoring other alignments which probably exist)

D1 T9 M2
N2 T8 M2
D2 T7 M2
N2 T6 M2
D3 T5 M2
N3 T4 M2
D4 T3 M2 - LYLO
N4 T2 M2

D1 T9 M2 - NoLynch
N2 T9 M2
D2 T8 M2
N2 T7 M2
D3 T6 M2
N3 T5 M2
D4 T4 M2 - MYLO
N4 T3 M2
D5 T2 M2

WIth 2 scum, doing a nolynch now will not change much. As long as there is a kill every phase, the effective game deciding phase is Day 4. Given that there are probably both Third Party and Neutral roles in this game, in my opinion, 2 scum is likely. At the same time, CYOR games tend to be very chaotic and will not likely go smoothly like in this example. But at the most basic level, nolynch doesn't give us a potential extra phase like it has in the past during 10 player games.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Worst case scenarios with 2 scum (as long as only one person dies per phase, and ignoring other alignments which probably exist)

D1 T9 M2
N2 T8 M2
D2 T7 M2
N2 T6 M2
D3 T5 M2
N3 T4 M2
D4 T3 M2 - LYLO
N4 T2 M2

D1 T9 M2 - NoLynch
N2 T9 M2
D2 T8 M2
N2 T7 M2
D3 T6 M2
N3 T5 M2
D4 T4 M2 - MYLO
N4 T3 M2
D5 T2 M2

WIth 2 scum, doing a nolynch now will not change much. As long as there is a kill every phase, the effective game deciding phase is Day 4. Given that there are probably both Third Party and Neutral roles in this game, in my opinion, 2 scum is likely. At the same time, CYOR games tend to be very chaotic and will not likely go smoothly like in this example. But at the most basic level, nolynch doesn't give us a potential extra phase like it has in the past during 10 player games.

The math is sound, but what about the value of everyone using their ability?  Though obviously if we manage to lynch scum we don't want them using their ability anyway.

I say this as someone who is on the fence.  I wouldn't mind lynching, but I don't really want to lynch Irish in particular.